BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

not really restraunt but i had a kfc tonight .I ordered a 3 piece variety meal.They no longer do them,you need to get a 2 piece one with an extra piece...you couldnt make it up.I asked why,it gets better, its because the 3 piece one has two much salt! I got it home and they had put 8 bloody salt packets in lol.

Only places i will part with my money for a curry round here are:

1) Bukhara

2) Sharjan

The best being Bukhara. All the other "Indian" restaurants i have tried all serve you the same tasting base sauce with different heat levels - not very good at all.

Not a fan of Sharjan, got a Rogan Josh there and I've honestly had better from Asda.

Sukhi's on the other hand :tu:

Ahh, you see Matt I try the specials at Sharjan such as a monkfish curry or seabass with Indian spices! Very good!

Not on the menu usually written on a board near the bar! Fresh and different!

I had a Chinese takeaway from M and S few weeks ago and it was delicious!

Edited by vintageadidas

Anyone been to the RAJ yet? (The Moorings)

Yes, and left thinking. Emm that bill didnt add up!

4 heads, £105. 4 vodka&T, 8 Pints larger, 1 bottle house white(dont'), 12 popadum + 2 trays of chuckney, 2 starters, 4 curries, 3 rice, 1 nan, 4 chapatti.

Sure it should have come to more.....

But would not return, as none of the meals was near the quality of a good take away in terms of flavour/freshness or consistancy....SHAME..

If you have a large party howver, they do have the space to accomodate you.

Can't beat Sukhi's! We went on Saturday after dropping our mates at home. We got take out though as we live near near. The naan bread with cheese and chilli are brilliant. As is the Lamb/Chicken Rogan Josh and we usually get samosas and chicken pakora.

Agree on Sukhis

Best chinese by a mile ( much better than Ocean Palace) YU & YOU Presented as best chinese restaurant by Gordon Ramsey in 2010, not the cheapest, but although I prefer curries to anything else I was blown away by the food here

500 Longsight Road

Copster Green

Blackburn

Lancashire

BB1 9EU

01254 247111

A truly outstanding kebab is to be had at Sandos in Preston at the top of church st. Real flavoursome meat and chicken, none of that processed crap.

Best chinese by a mile ( much better than Ocean Palace) YU & YOU Presented as best chinese restaurant by Gordon Ramsey in 2010, not the cheapest, but although I prefer curries to anything else I was blown away by the food here

500 Longsight Road

Copster Green

Blackburn

Lancashire

BB1 9EU

01254 247111

Rip off merchants. Good when it opened but once it became the place to be seen prices and quality went in opposite directions. Yu and You Reminds me of the old saying... If someone pulls yer neck out it's their fault.... if they do it twice it's your own fault.

That Vinny would rather run a disco than a serious restaurant imo. Can't think why Ramsey gave them the nod. His finances were in tatters at the time but I'm sure that wouldn't have affected his judgement. :closedeyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody been to the Jamies Italian restaurants - work are trying to organise a meal at the Manchester one now its opened, but I'm trying to resist putting money into his pockets. Any ideas for similar ? Grill on the Alley was also mentioned.

We normally end up at the meat eaters paradise Bem Brazil or one of the many curry houses.

Anybody been to the Jamies Italian restaurants - work are trying to organise a meal at the Manchester one now its opened, but I'm trying to resist putting money into his pockets. Any ideas for similar ? Grill on the Alley was also mentioned.

We normally end up at the meat eaters paradise Bem Brazil or one of the many curry houses.

Jamies place in Liverpool One is disgusting.

Probably the worst service, and poorest quality food for many years.

I went twice as I though 1st time was a mistake, god the service was even worse 2nd time round.

AVOID

Edited by preston blue

I went twice as I though 1st time was a mistake, god the service was even worse 2nd time round.

AVOID

Reminds me of a text message someone sent me a fortnight or so ago..........

"Just bought a packet of sausages from Sainsbury's. There is a picture of Jamie Oliver on the front and on then back it says 'prick with a fork'.....

Can't argue with that!"

Edited by thenodrog

AVOID

To balance that we have been to one in Covent Garden on a number of occasions and the food and service has been fine. I think it’s a matter of trying each one before forming a view on them all although I can see how a bad experience would make you reluctant to venture into one again :D

we went to deepdale retail last week and all day i pined a nandos and we got there and it was queued 10 deep outside ,so we decided oyster and thingybobs at hordens and that was full.We ended up in chiquitas and we had fajitas and they was bloody good too. :glare:

Anniversary coming up, was thinking of just going three fishes or clog again but anyone got any recommendations?

:blink: err...... Thats what this thread is about Tom. There's 81 pages of recommendations!

btw rog's advice is good. Good food and equally important good beer too. ;)

• Backroom

:blink: err...... Thats what this thread is about Tom. There's 81 pages of recommendations!

btw rog's advice is good. Good food and equally important good beer too. ;)

I know but I was feeling lazy and wanted some recommendations ha.

May try that I am a fan of the food at the Ribble valley inns but somethig similar but different may appeal :)