BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• Backroom

Normal one with seasonal 2 courses for 10:50 3 for 13:50.

Have to say I took the pic cause the light was right , but it was as delicious as it looks.

May have to call and try that out one lunchtime. Is it anything on the seasonal menu?

Has anyone been to Rossi in Manchester (upper King Street/Spring Gardens). I am there for lunch the week after next......followed by dinner at Northcote Manor and an overnight!

I went to Northcote for my Birthday this week and an overnight. As always an absolutely smashing meal and a lovely room. I really do love the place.

Dont know if this is only for the Blackburn area, but me and my wife are going to London.

Last time we where there we went to Maze in Mayfair (Absolutely fantastic!), Busaba (gorgeus and spicy thai meal), J Sheekay and a lebanese at Edgware Road.

This time we are living next to Edgware road underground station and I would like some advices about where to dine when we are in London. We are not the richest of folk and I would prefer not too expensive restaurants. Maze was expensive, but something we had to try.

Has anyone been to Rossi in Manchester (upper King Street/Spring Gardens). I am there for lunch the week after next......followed by dinner at Northcote Manor and an overnight!

I went to Northcote for my Birthday this week and an overnight. As always an absolutely smashing meal and a lovely room. I really do love the place.

Rossi = Rio Ferdinands place. Not been myself, but a few from work have and speak highly of it.

Dont know if this is only for the Blackburn area, but me and my wife are going to London.

Last time we where there we went to Maze in Mayfair (Absolutely fantastic!), Busaba (gorgeus and spicy thai meal), J Sheekay and a lebanese at Edgware Road.

This time we are living next to Edgware road underground station and I would like some advices about where to dine when we are in London. We are not the richest of folk and I would prefer not too expensive restaurants. Maze was expensive, but something we had to try.

If you like Turkish try Taz. They have about 6 of them in London, including one which is 4 minutes walk from Tottenham Court Rd tube.

I went to the Parker's Arms at Newton in Bowland with Mrs Sidders and Old Mother Sidders at lunchtime today. Starters, mains and drinks came to a very reasonable £57 but we could have eaten cheaper if we'd gone for the specials. Very good local produce (I had potted trout followed by rabbit pastie), friendly well-informed waitress and very welcoming host. Tasteful decor, open fire, great pint of locally brewed Sawley Tempted and no riff-raff. Absolutely lovely and recommended. About 40 minute drive from Blackburn largely through lovely scenery.

If you like Turkish try Taz. They have about 6 of them in London, including one which is 4 minutes walk from Tottenham Court Rd tube.

Or as another Turkish alternative try Mangal, off Stoke Newington Road in Dalston, admitedly perhaps it's not in the most touristy locations, but take my word for it, great authentic Lamb dishes and quite reasonable too. Have a look on Time Out if you want a second opinion.

No direct link on the Northern Line from Edgeware Road, but well worth the effort to find it.

There's a little French Bistro on New Oxford Street that I love, Savoir Faire - excellent food at a reasonable price and a very nice Malbec on the wine list Savoir Faire Link - The only thing that I don't like on the menu is Fillet Steak with Snail Butter - nasty, but everything else is devine.

Jimbo

Edited by Jimbo

There's a great (and fantasatic value for money) Burmese restaurant 5 minutes walk from where you're staying - several awards (including in 2009 Time Out London All Time Cheap Eats award) - would advise you book but can certainly recommend Mandalay at 444 Edgware Road.

5 minutes further on around the corner on Clifton Road is Raoul's Maida Vale ... much cheaper than you will have paid in Mayfair or elsewhere in the centre of town and very good quality. Especially recommended for breakfast / brunch or a lunchtime snack (see their daytime menu).

5 minutes further on around the corner on Clifton Road is Raoul's Maida Vale ... much cheaper than you will have paid in Mayfair or elsewhere in the centre of town and very good quality. Especially recommended for breakfast / brunch or a lunchtime snack (see their daytime menu).

Bin there Tris! And I've spent many a happy hour in the quirky little 'Windsor Castle' just behind it. There was a really colourful landlady who reminded me of Osbert Lancaster's Maudie Littlehampton and there were usually lots of B level thespians in. She left and the place was never the same again although it might well have recovered by now.

My sister lived on Maida Avenue for a time and travelled the world extensively so me n'er indoors had the apartment to ourselves when we visited London. Not many places in London where I would like to live but Maida Vale and Richmond would be my choice.

Must say Tesco bloody Express is new and imo doesn't really suit. That area didn't need it.

Edited by thenodrog

• 3 weeks later...

Tried kebabish original on Saturday and I must say it was the best kebab I have had and also the busiest kebab place I have ever seen! 30+ takeaway orders and tables all full in the 40 minutes we waited!

Off to the walled garden bistro and wine bar at Barton this Sunday! Heard decent reviews - will report back!

Tom - millstone has just had a change of menu! I always have the duck spring roles to start which are still on, quality!!

• Backroom

Hope so, it's the kind of place we like rather than really overly fancy and it it's somewhere different than the clog and billycock but In a similar vein I'm led to believe

• Backroom

Did you enjoy the Millstone?

Off (once again) to the Freemasons at Wiswell tonight.

We did was very nice actually, the Creme brûlée was a highlight, lovely laid back atmosphere as well

Did you enjoy the Millstone?

Off (once again) to the Freemasons at Wiswell tonight.

Rog,

Do me a favour & report back on The Freemasons if you can.

Thanks

Colin