BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Tiggy's has been resurrected on Longsight Road I see. Anybody been yet?

Tiggi's

Its being run by Gianfranco who used to run the old restaurant in town during its late 90s heyday.

He then moved to the Preston restaurant which is still going strong.

If the new place can replicate the atmosphere of the old place had then I'm sure it'll be a hit.

• Backroom

Popped in on my way past just to check out a menu

Very fancy inside I think they must be trying to appeal to the yu and you crowd

Probably be successful as well

Has anybody been to the Sirlion since it re-opened ?

I was in on Sunday, but not to eat, impressions from the service in the bar, give it a month of two, very shaky!

Colleague of mine went to Nutters on Saturday night and said as always the food was fantastic. 8 of them with 6 bottles of wine, and drinks beforehand, £120 a couple with the tip, which isn’t bad at all.

The Grand Hotel, Lytham St Annes has a restaurant called "Cafe Grand". Have stayed there twice in the past few months and i must say the hotel is fantastic if you ever fancy a little break from the norm. In addition to this the food is amazing at their onsite restaurant - have a look at the menu on their website.

I enjoyed every single bite of both meals. Fantastic!

Trip One:

We had an assortment of Tapas to start - all excellent!

Thai Green Curry - Fantastic

Sticky Toffee Pudding - Awesome.

Trip Two:

Pretty much the same Tapas dishes - all fab!

Fillet Steak - amazing!

Cheese board - quality.

Two of the best meals i have had for a while. 10/10

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the Millstone at Mellor the other week - top notch.....very busy but good quality!

Always is good quality imo.

However until recently they used to maintain a peculiar balance between the restaurant menu and the pub menu. Strange cos both were made in the same kitchen by the same chef's but the menu's were only slightly different whilst the prices were quite significantly different. In a nutshell restaurant quality food at restaurant prices in one room with restaurant food at pub prices in the next! Also back then one could book a table in the restaurant but not in the pub which operated a queueing system. The end result was the restaurant seemed to tick over and rely on functions whilst the pub was nearly always mobbed. Unfortunately they have had a significant spend on the dining area recently and merged the two into one and I feel they are now 'cashing in' on their popularity by pricing somewhere in the middle instead of adapting to the formula that worked best.

Dining in the Millstones since the revamp now seems a taj expensive and with so many wannabee Millstones in the area they need to exercise caution.

Edited by thenodrog

Jamie's Italian in Manchester, really good food and surprisingly decently priced. The building itself (the old Midland bank on King Street) has been renovated but sympathetically and without losing its character. They've even made a function room out of the vault!

I hate to say it because the man himself can be a bit knobular - but it's "pukka". ;)

There's quiet a few restaurants on the A59 between BAE Systems and Clitheroe - can anyone recommend a good one for us to go to on Wednesday for my birthday.

Cheers :tu:

Most of them are good. Dunno about Tiggys yet cos I haven't been (but I would not have recommended it under the previous owners) and neither would I recommend the rip off merchants (imo) at Yu and You's.

What type of food do you want?

What do you want to spend on food per head (leave drinks out).

Would you rather be closer to Clitheroe or too BAE?

Wouldn't really matter about location - we'd even go up towards Barnoldswick. Probably about £20 per head I guess.

Not too sure what food - I've drove up regularly with work and noticed loads of places to eat. Did fancy the Chinese but shan't bother now.

Wouldn't really matter about location - we'd even go up towards Barnoldswick. Probably about £20 per head I guess.

Not too sure what food - I've drove up regularly with work and noticed loads of places to eat. Did fancy the Chinese but shan't bother now.

Mitton hall / Freemasons / Northcote might be a touch expensive on that budget. Stanley House could be a good option. Spread Eagle at SAWLEY is very good too.

Havent been for 9 months now but I was mightily impressed with the food on offer at the Plough at Wigglesworth. Lovely drive through Bolton by Bowland, reasonable price, excellent beer and very respectable wine, check opening times and offers ;).

Edited by thenodrog

You should try the Three Fishes at Mytton nr. whalley....very good

We're going Clog later on today and fancy something different. I believe both menus are the same.

Mitton hall / Freemasons / Northcote might be a touch expensive on that budget. Stanley House could be a good option. Spread Eagle at SAWLEY is very good too.

Havent been for 9 months now but I was mightily impressed with the food on offer at the Plough at Wigglesworth. Lovely drive through Bolton by Bowland, reasonable price, excellent beer and very respectable wine, check opening times and offers ;).

Cheers, Gordon. Will have a look later on their website!

Had a meal at Angels in Ribchester last week. I was VERY impressed with the food and the service.

I had seared king scallops with a spicy carrot puree to start. For the main i had pig cheeks with black pudding, oxtail mash and an apple jus - fab.

For afters i had the cheese board - very good again.

It was also very well priced.

Had a meal at Angels in Ribchester last week. I was VERY impressed with the food and the service.

I had seared king scallops with a spicy carrot puree to start. For the main i had pig cheeks with black pudding, oxtail mash and an apple jus - fab.

For afters i had the cheese board - very good again.

It was also very well priced.

I'm rather suprised at that. I've heard it's expensive.

Don't know if it's already been mentioned but I was pleasantly surprised by La Tapas, Darwen last night. The seating area's a little bit snug and I don't usually expect much from 'all you can eat' type places but I enjoyed everything I ate (and we ate a lot!)

• Backroom

Do you mean la salsa or is there a new one?

La salsa was good when we went for the first couple of 'courses' but we found they got ever shrinking in size and couldn't wait to get us out and the next lot in

Do you mean la salsa or is there a new one?

La salsa was good when we went for the first couple of 'courses' but we found they got ever shrinking in size and couldn't wait to get us out and the next lot in

Sorry Tom, yes it was La Salsa. Maybe they didn't have as many bookings last night, we didn't feel that rushed. Didn't notice the shrinkage in portions but plenty sangria was consumed, so perhaps i wasn't that vigilant!

If you don't mind a brief flirtation with Dingleland then try The New Waggoners on Manchester Road.

Went last Thursday at 6 and there was already a dozen tables populated and by the time we left at8 it was standing only.

Food portions are very generous (the whale sized fish was huge as was the steak pud) and at about a tenner for a main meal is reasonably priced. The service is very good, attentive without being overbearing and there's no long wait after ordering.

Apparently, the guy who's taken it is the same bloke as runs The Calf's Head in Worston and he has big plans for the New Waggoners.

Give it a go, I was full and I'm a glutton.