BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

It's an arab style kebab, very few places in the north do these in an authentic way. It has to be made in a clay oven, and Charcoal Cuisine have an arab chef so he makes these in a very traditional way. Give it a go, I am confident that you will like it:

kobeda_june27_11.jpg

I can vouch that it is absolutely fantastic (and very filling!)

"Your grammar and punctuation is always poor hardly but thats twice in subsequent posts that you've followed an exclamation mark with a comma. What do you do that for?"

That's the problem with being a grammar monitor, sooner or later you make a mistake yourself.

The Clog & Billycock was really good a couple of weeks ago

Dan you are a lazy bugger...................

Tempest Arms

http://www.tempestar...o.uk/findus.php

Thanks!

I did do a search and this place came up, but so did a ropey looking establishment in Bolton that could potentially (at a long stretch, admittedly) have been a diamond in the rough. I am pleased that you have cleared this up.

I think its time to redress the balance.

I’ve been scathing of the Oyster and Otter in the past and with good reason, but we decided to give them another go, if it’s good enough for Gordon, its good enough for us! And the whole experience had improved significantly.

I must admit they almost blew it right off the bat though, we’ve been turned away twice before with scores of available tables, and the same looked on the cards last night, but they squeezed us in just before a table of 10 were due to arrive. This clearly isn’t due to the capacity of the restaurant, it’s more to do with the number of staff they’ve got on that night, 3 in total at front of house last night, but anyway we got a table.

We ordered the Fish sampler for 2 which was delicious, to follow I had the fish curry and Debs has the smoked Haddock, served on bubble and squeak, both very good indeed and better than on previous visits.

So all in all a much better experience than we’ve had before, interestingly enough the table next to us were overheard talking to the waiter and they’d had similar experiences to us with the chap that used to run front of house, he’s no longer there, and things seem to be running much better.

We’ll be back for sure.

It's an arab style kebab, very few places in the north do these in an authentic way. It has to be made in a clay oven, and Charcoal Cuisine have an arab chef so he makes these in a very traditional way. Give it a go, I am confident that you will like it:

kobeda_june27_11.jpg

HHHhhhhhmmmm looks good, gonna have to give them a call somtime.

I think its time to redress the balance.

I’ve been scathing of the Oyster and Otter in the past and with good reason, but we decided to give them another go, if it’s good enough for Gordon, its good enough for us! And the whole experience had improved significantly.

I must admit they almost blew it right off the bat though, we’ve been turned away twice before with scores of available tables, and the same looked on the cards last night, but they squeezed us in just before a table of 10 were due to arrive. This clearly isn’t due to the capacity of the restaurant, it’s more to do with the number of staff they’ve got on that night, 3 in total at front of house last night, but anyway we got a table.

We ordered the Fish sampler for 2 which was delicious, to follow I had the fish curry and Debs has the smoked Haddock, served on bubble and squeak, both very good indeed and better than on previous visits.

So all in all a much better experience than we’ve had before, interestingly enough the table next to us were overheard talking to the waiter and they’d had similar experiences to us with the chap that used to run front of house, he’s no longer there, and things seem to be running much better.

We’ll be back for sure.

We went a couple of weeks ago... Best grub I've had in a long time.

Need a decent carvery in or around Blackburn for Sunday ? Like my meat and gravy :xmas:

get down ta redcap lad.

p.s.. old mother redcap is always popular with regular folk for a reasonable carvery(as long as your not a food snob), beef, turkey or gammon(or a mix of the 3)+ plus all the roasties'n'veg(good selection, good quality) and trimmings you like for around a fiver, only prob its quite busy and can get a little grubby sometimes, reasonable selection of beers also.

Edited by hardly1980

:P

Need a decent carvery in or around Blackburn for Sunday ? Like my meat and gravy :xmas:

I don't do carvery's Nick.... 'Never mind the quality, feel the width weight. Around these parts it's a price game and the result is too much overcooked watery veg and cheap meat. I'd go with Tom's suggestion ... but thats based on nothing substantial other than it's a nice venue and I have heard some good reports.

I havnt been to the 'Strawberry Duck' for a while but it used to be very nice, good menu, quality food(reasonably priced), freindly warm cosy environment,great surroundings if you fancy a walk, very dog friendly!

its right by the Entwhistle train stop(between bolton and Blackburn).

Edited by hardly1980

Not a restaurant but we had a good curry from Ruchi Bangla on Bolton road recently

Still trying to work out the best Indian that delivers to cherry tree though

We tend to order from Trishna on Bolton Rd near the car wash. It tends to be consistently good although during busy times like Saturday night the food can arrive lukewarm.

Also they give you points cards depending on how much you spend, collect enough for a free starter or main course.

Not a restaurant but we had a good curry from Ruchi Bangla on Bolton road recently

Still trying to work out the best Indian that delivers to cherry tree though

If you can't be bothered driving to Samlesbury Bukhara then it's the Khyber imo.... their elephants ears are the best!

Had a kebab from Charcoal Cuisine last night. The food was freshly made and they had tried to make a good kebab but i ended up leaving most of it as did the better half.

I went for the Kodeba and Chicken Tikka Special. It came on a very large undercooked and soggy naan bread, the chicken tikka was dry and the Kodeba was just plain weird for me. It was the size of teenagers arm and as thick too - just too large. It was also bland but the quality of the meat was very good.The chilli sauce was poor too.

Will stick to Kebabish Original for the best kebab around here!

Is kebabish an eat in type place vintage or do they deliver? What do you recommend from there?

Yes you can eat in Tom and it is pretty smart inside. I usually order the Chicken Tikka Kebab and a few sides. It is good to just people watch as you wait for your food.

I had to wait 35 minutes last time (i ordered in the shop) as they were so busy. I counted about 30 pick ups in that time and table after table of people coming in to eat.

It is very community based so most people know one another.

Top grub as far as kebabs are concerned.

Never had a curry - i always go Bukhara!!