BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• Backroom

I always go much more local (I'm a Darrener) for my curries.

Eat in? Anaz, with the cleanest windows you've ever seen.

Take out? India2U, easily the best curry takeaway in Darwen (not saying much but still.......)

Fantastic choice! ^_^ What do you normally go for?

Theno, have you managed to get your hands on the lamb leg? Thinking of ordering one this weekend with the lads. Might go for the stuffed one this time around though.

No but it's on my list to try one day with 2/3 like minded mates.

Fantastic choice! ^_^ What do you normally go for?

Theno, have you managed to get your hands on the lamb leg? Thinking of ordering one this weekend with the lads. Might go for the stuffed one this time around though.

Well BNWR i usually go for the Akbari Tikka Masala (Mild) - it is awesome!

Im thinking a trip may well be on the cards this weekend now, haha!

Not a restaurant but we had a good curry from Ruchi Bangla on Bolton road recently

Still trying to work out the best Indian that delivers to cherry tree though

Ali Raj ( fenni tandoori ) as long as you keep to the standard dished, they are VERY GOOD as sis the chick shalick. Also they will make any curry to your request.. delivery free under a tenner otherwise a quid.

I always go much more local (I'm a Darrener) for my curries.

Eat in? Anaz, with the cleanest windows you've ever seen.

Take out? India2U, easily the best curry takeaway in Darwen (not saying much but still.......)

Sorry mate but it has to be Spice Tandoori in my opinion. The quality of the food is restaurant standard and you get generous portions. My favourite curry from there is the Sylhet Murgie Masala from the specials.

Had a meal at the Calypso restaurant at Enam Wharf the other day and have to say it was fantastic. We had the banquet selection with a variation in different carribean foods as none of us had ever tried it before.

Ali Raj ( fenni tandoori ) as long as you keep to the standard dished, they are VERY GOOD as sis the chick shalick. Also they will make any curry to your request.. delivery free under a tenner otherwise a quid.

I went just after it changed hands last time, possibly the worst curry I've ever had in my life, I was ill for days after and so was my brother who had the misfortune of buying at the same time.

That doesn't mean is poor now, but we'll not be going back.

Edited by GAV

I went just after it changed hands last time, possibly the worst curry I've ever had in my life, I was ill for days and so my brother who had the misfortune of buying at the same time.

That doesn't mean is poor now, but we'll not be going back.

2 years ago this place was disgusting. No interest in going back unless they pay me and I have a food taster.

Bryan street chippy's real good (just wish the old bird behind counter would leave the interrogation out every visit and just give you what you actually ordered :P ).

p.s. I wish traditional local English chippys would open evenings once again(especially friday/saturday), what happened to a good old fishNchip super.

Edited by hardly1980

Bryan street chippy's real good (just wish the old bird behind counter would leave the interrogation out every visit and just give you what you actually ordered :P ).

p.s. I wish traditional local English chippys would open evenings once again(especially friday/saturday), what happened to a good old fishNchip super.

They ended up getting mobbed out by keaned up dickheads so they close after tea.

Clearly it depends on where you live, how much you want to spend and how far you'll travel. For me the Oyster & Otter is only 6-7 minutes away. I've no hesitation in recommending that.

http://www.oysterandotter.co.uk/oyster-xmas-menus-2012/O&O_xmas%20menu%202012%20A4.pdf

Three courses for two will be £45 plus drinks. If we wanted to eat out I think we'd go there and perhaps have champagne to top it off.

Edited by Paul

Indian Restaurant Preston | Bukhara Samlesbury Restaurant

Tried this for a 2nd time after being talked into it. Same result. Why don't I learn. Possibly the worst takeOut in memory.

Dry, small pieces of meat, and very dominated with a backgroud sauce taste for both dishes. May as well have ordered the same meal twice. Never again, not even if someone else pays for it.

Definately will never have a meal inside...

• Backroom

Now that won't be a popular opinion on here I imagine

I've had a decent curry there before but it's never been head and shoulders above the rest for me like others think