BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Went to my favourite restaurant last week and a few weeks before that. The Cafe Grand at the Grand Hotel, Lytham is just pure class in my opinion. We dine there at least 6/7 times a year and stay about 4 times a year.

Fab hotel that has everything right.

In addition, went to the Oyster for a drink last weekend. Lovely new bar / lounge area and a nice new menu (did not eat though) and i really did not feel as though i was sat having a drink in Blackburn. Very nice.

Off to Little Hong Kong (Was Wan's) in Wheelton in a few weeks, will let you know how that is.

Edited by vintageadidas

In addition, went to the Oyster for a drink last weekend. Lovely new bar / lounge area and a nice new menu (did not eat though) and i really did not feel as though i was sat having a drink in Blackburn. Very nice.

Unfortunately that is the truth of it.

Nice meal in the Eagle at Barrow yesterday (incidentally the pub where Kean had his drink "spiked/got p1ssed" :unsure: I was told by people who were in the pub at the time., not the Whalley arms as stated in court) Slightly more expensive than its main local rivals but it made a change.

Went to a nice place in Manchester yesterday called Southern Eleven, had the 18 hour smoked pulled pork sandwich and it was as good as anything I've ever had in America (pulled pork wise).

Really nice vibe to the place as well as good pricing so I would certainly recommend.

Here's a deal for you all..... ;)

I recently took up an offer of 'Tastecard' for a free month. It's useful for 2-4-1 offers or 50% discount at a number of restaurants around here (best imo being the Mytton Hall). Their website offers annual Tastecard membership at close on £80 but as my month was coming to an end Tastecard emaileds me with an offer to purchase one at just £49.99 which seemed OK for people who travel on business or eat out frequently. However one week later and another emal had it down to £29.99 and that price matched every year forward. At this point I gave in and signed up cos even the first time I used it I saved over 20 quid. I'm intrigued though to know just how low they will go to get someone to sign up.

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom

Well I got mine for free Gordon so I imagine they have given them to many big businesses to give to employees

It's only for a year so they will be gambling on people taking it up for longer

Was at the clogg and billy tonight, good food as usual and some of the staff were great but some of the younger waitresses seemed to spend most of their time huddled up and chatting

Could prove to be the end of a beautiful relationship gumboots. ^_^

First thing she said when she told us about him was "There are 2 drawbacks, mum. One he's an only child and two he's a Burnley fan" Nearly 4 years now so I don't think she's going to ditch him. Meal was decent as usual

Took the parents for lunch at the Crown and Thistle, Edgeworth. Standard pub fare really

Having been really please with this place a few years ago, the last 2 times we have been have dissapointed somewhat. Maybe i expected too much.

Had a very good meal in pleasant surroundings at the Pendle Inn Barley last night. Journey home not so pleasant and probably shouldn't have gone with hindsight, but there has been almost no snow here in Clitheroe and whilst we envisaged it being tricky, little did we realise it would actually start snowing in Barley as we arrived and not let up.

Barley.... the land that time forgot! I once went to the Barley Mow once to eat their mixed grill and earn a badge for finishing it. I must say it wasn't that difficult at all bear in mind I was prob still growing at the time.

btw Do they still sacrifice children there to make sure the crops grow?

Edited by thenodrog

Went to the Horse and Jockey in Chorlton yesterday. Table for 7 booked at 4.30. food served till 6 supposedly. They had already run out of one of only 4 starters. We ordered the roast beef - none left. OK we'll have roast chicken No problem. 5 mins later there's none left - would we change our order again. We do. It comes. It's wrong. My husband has to wait while the rest of us start to see if they have enough roast lamb for him - they scrape up just enough. then the waiter appears with the dessert menus, gives them out to all 7 of us, then says "Sorry but we only have baked bananas, cheese or icecream. would you like coffees? We decline and ask for the bill. They've added 10% service to the bill - not mentioned anywhere in the pub, although we do know it's often standard for groups of over 6 (why, since those groups are usually spending fairly highly anyway and if in celebratory mood will willingly leave a tip) Daughter pays and simply says We're not paying that. Went to Tesco and bought desserts for a fraction of the price to eat at home. Needless to say - won't be going back

Millstone at Mellor today, what a let down. Table booked for 4.15 and we arrived early, didn't get any food until nearly 6.00. Food wasn't anything special, and despite having to wait for over an hour no apology, no discount, nothing.

I know it's Easter Sunday and busy, no excuse.

Poor

Millstone at Mellor today, what a let down. Table booked for 4.15 and we arrived early, didn't get any food until nearly 6.00. Food wasn't anything special, and despite having to wait for over an hour no apology, no discount, nothing.

I know it's Easter Sunday and busy, no excuse.

Poor

Unusual for them. Personally Nick I find it best to stay home on public holidays.

Unusual for them. Personally Nick I find it best to stay home on public holidays.

Have to disagree Gordon, a place like that with such a good reputation should be geared up for that level of business.

The Heston Blumenthal lookalike flounced around a lot but our party of nine sat there hungry.