BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Went to Zouk about a month ago with 3 friends, the 2 of us who had meat (lamb) both got food poisoning.

Really. I'm surprised, I always thought the standards were pretty high there. I always have the Seafood Special and I've never had any problems.

I'm taking my wife to " Evuna " on Deansgate this evening. It's a very nice tapas bar but a a bit pricey. They do churos as a sweet, you get about six sausage length pieces for about £ 6.00. Last time we went my wife photographed them and sent the picture to her dad who lives in Spain. He nearly had a fit, for that price you get a spiral about two metres long over there.

First of all I tried to book " El Rincon " but the woman on the phone wouldn't accept a booking for two ! I don't know wether that applies just to Saturdays or not.

Went to the Three Fishes today. Probably good if one has never eaten at an RVI place before. Nice atmosphere and a big improvement on the Clog but:

1. Expected far more fish to be available

2. Change the menu, it needs a big re-think

3. It's dangerous to live on past reputation

4. Learn to cook lamb and roasties

Quite disappointed and I'm sure there are plenty of more interesting places to go

Went to the Three Fishes today. Probably good if one has never eaten at an RVI place before. Nice atmosphere and a big improvement on the Clog but:

Quite disappointed and I'm sure there are plenty of more interesting places to go

Try these Paul:

Three Millstones, West Bradford

Hark To Bounty, Slaidburn

Lower Buck, Waddington

Ate close by at Mitton Hall.... 2 for 1 on a tastecard! Bloody good it was too. Owned by the Waddington Family who seem to make a decent fist of most things, as is the Shireburn, Emporium and Lower Buck.

btw I believe the Spread Eagle at Mellor has been sold so expect changes there.

Went to the Clog the other day it was OK. However they said they are shutting for two weeks in a fortnight for a refurbishment. They are building a large fireplace in the middle and new furniture. Might be worth seeing if they refresh the menu when it reopens.

• Moderation Lead

Ate close by at Mitton Hall.... 2 for 1 on a tastecard! Bloody good it was too. Owned by the Waddington Family who seem to make a decent fist of most things, as is the Shireburn, Emporium and Lower Buck.

btw I believe the Spread Eagle at Mellor has been sold so expect changes there.

Only been to Mitton Hall the once, but it was superb.

has anyone here been to Gidleigh Park down in Chagford Devon?

Yes many years ago. They had signs up as you went up the drive saying "keep going" " you are still going the right way" the drive was in such a state although the place itself was lovely. I can't remember eating there - I think we just went to visit the I laws who were staying there for a couple of days ( we lived near Yeovil at the time) Did eat in quite a few posh places in that part of the world because my father in law fancied himself as a bit of a gourmet and would sometimes buy us a meal

Yes many years ago. They had signs up as you went up the drive saying "keep going" " you are still going the right way" the drive was in such a state although the place itself was lovely. I can't remember eating there - I think we just went to visit the I laws who were staying there for a couple of days ( we lived near Yeovil at the time) Did eat in quite a few posh places in that part of the world because my father in law fancied himself as a bit of a gourmet and would sometimes buy us a meal

Aye the drive is a funny one but a number of hotels of that ilk have them. The punters always think they are on a road to nowhere. Well Gumboots if you ever get the father in law down there again get him to take you along, some of the best food I've ever eaten was served there.

Aye the drive is a funny one but a number of hotels of that ilk have them. The punters always think they are on a road to nowhere. Well Gumboots if you ever get the father in law down there again get him to take you along, some of the best food I've ever eaten was served there.

Unfortunately he died last year, but, as I said, did do quite a lot of other decent places around there with him. Somerset and Devon had loads of good restaurants that were very reasonably priced when we lived there.

My girlfriend's brother is coming over to the UK and I'm taking them to the match on Saturday. Does anyone have any recommendations of decent pub food after the match? I keep seeing The Clog and Billycock mentioned so I assume that's one to go for. Any suggestions?

The Royal, Tockholes. Good country pub, good food.

My girlfriend's brother is coming over to the UK and I'm taking them to the match on Saturday. Does anyone have any recommendations of decent pub food after the match? I keep seeing The Clog and Billycock mentioned so I assume that's one to go for. Any suggestions?

Clog's fine but personally in your situation I'd go for the Oyster and Otter.

I've been to both and, whilst I regularly go to Shajan, I wouldn't rush back to Buhkara. I just prefer the atmosphere at Shajan, and feel more welcome.

I'm sure our resident Buhkara employee/relation will be along to tell me I'm wrong but it's just my preference. I wouldn't race back to Mezzo either if it's any consolation to him.

• Backroom

And here we go again

Myself I've been to both and the food has been great at both but I find the side dishes better at Shajan (the garlic Naans are amazing and the chips surprisingly good for an Indian)

You can't go wrong with either but I do like to have a beer with an Indian so for me Shajan is preferable

I've been to both and, whilst I regularly go to Shajan, I wouldn't rush back to Buhkara. I just prefer the atmosphere at Shajan, and feel more welcome.

I'm sure our resident Buhkara employee/relation will be along to tell me I'm wrong but it's just my preference. I wouldn't race back to Mezzo either if it's any consolation to him.

B&W won't have a bad word said against it, despite the recent bad hygiene report from the environmental health.