BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

. I've also heard good things about The Royal Oak at Riley Green. Anybody been?

Yep as Ozz says good pub food at the Oak. It is a tad expensive and I'd guess the management know the area will an extra couple of quid on the price. I've always felt we've had good value for money.

I've noticed the clientele are somewhat ageing - speaking as a very young 59! - and it tends to be busy early evening but quieter from 8.00pm onwards.

I'm not sure at what age I'll move to that category - home for cocoa and bed!!

Took titch to the Sea Horse in New Brighton again tonight. Whale and chips with mushy peas, drinks and a pudding for her (watching my waistline) for less than £25.

Cracking

"Whale and chips with mushy peas, drinks" Watching it expand more like Nick. Sounds like you are on that See food diet. ......

I'll get me coat.

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom

Off to Resh's tomorrow

It may not be super high class but never had a bad curry there under the Sukhis banner and they always treat you like they are glad you are there rather than being a hinderance

• Backroom

Off to Resh's tomorrow

It may not be super high class but never had a bad curry there under the Sukhis banner and they always treat you like they are glad you are there rather than being a hinderance

I feel same about Anaz :P dem clean windows!

Any review of that Mexican you tried (or am I mixing up members?)

• Like 1

• Backroom

Then I may see you there pal!

Hope so - anything you can recommend? I normally just go for something off the chefs specials

I feel same about Anaz :P dem clean windows!

Any review of that Mexican you tried (or am I mixing up members?)

It was good, bit of a trendy vibe to it (dark) my burrito was nice but a but guilty of having a bit too much thrown in it maybe, the buffalo chicken tenders were amazing but I'm a sucker for hot sauce and blue cheese

Would go again, some nice bottled lagers there as well

Edited by Tom M

I'm hopefully going to try El Rincon de Rafa this week in Manchester for my Birthday,I've heard good reports about it and having only got into Tapas this last 12 months or so (criminal I know!) I can't wait to see if it's as good as they say.

Food was great,very reasonably priced for city centre,but the service was shocking.They brought out the 'Patatas Bravas' and then it was a good 10 minutes before we saw any other dishes by which time the patatas were cold! If they had brought them all out at once it would have been superb,however for a restaurant with this reputation i expected much better.

Aside from that the Moroccan Kebabs were amazing! :D

Edited by bacup blue

Food was great,very reasonably priced for city centre,but the service was shocking.They brought out the 'Patatas Bravas' and then it was a good 10 minutes before we saw any other dishes by which time the patatas were cold! If they had brought them all out at once it would have been superb,however for a restaurant with this reputation i expected much better.

I've been before and the service was always truly Kean also, the food was pretty authentic though. I tried to book a table for my wife and myself a few weeks back and they wouldn't accept a booking for two ! They can kean off as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, the service is shocking. They're really too relaxed, chatting with their mates etc.

I once walked out without paying as it took so long for the bill to turn up! (I had a train to catch and I rang up later to pay the bill, I hasten to add)

• Backroom

Resh's was superb as it always was under the previous name

Chilli garlic massala with a garlic Naan, pilau rice and chips all spot on

If he tries to talk you into eating some of the chilli chocolate don't do it though, I like spicy food but that had me begging for milk, tomorrow will be bad!

• Moderation Lead

I think I saw someone mentioning it previously, but I went to the Strawbury Duck at Turton, fantastic. Next to a train station, and not far from Darren I believe? I drove though, and it is in the back of beyond, but well worth a visit. Cannot enthuse enough about it.

Anyone tried Wagamama? Went to the one at Cheshire oaks today, total carp...no authenticity whatsoever....bland bland, had to smother my soba in soy sauce to get any flavour out of it....not a patch on tampopo or chaophrya for the old far eastern cuisine.

I'm with you on that one sparky, went once about four years ago and I wasn't impressed enough to go back. Like you say it's the authenticity of the place it just feels like a run of the mill identikit westernised East Asian restaurant. The food is nothing special. It's very 'in' to like Wagamama at the moment though.

• Backroom

I'm with you on that one sparky, went once about four years ago and I wasn't impressed enough to go back. Like you say it's the authenticity of the place it just feels like a run of the mill identikit westernised East Asian restaurant. The food is nothing special. It's very 'in' to like Wagamama at the moment though.

That and 'Yo Sushi!' are complete crap.

Driving around on Sunday and decided to scrap the mothers' for sunday tea and hit a pub. We really wanted to try somewhere new as we have eaten so many times at the Clog, O&O and so on.

We opted for The Sirloin at Hoghton. The restaurant that was here previous (Thyme) was probably my favourite at the time so it had a lot to live up to.

It was okay/decent - i wouldnt return with so many better quality eating establishments. Also, the place felt dirty which really put me off. We moved twice and still felt unhappy.

Driving around on Sunday and decided to scrap the mothers' for sunday tea and hit a pub. We really wanted to try somewhere new as we have eaten so many times at the Clog, O&O and so on.

We opted for The Sirloin at Hoghton. The restaurant that was here previous (Thyme) was probably my favourite at the time so it had a lot to live up to.

It was okay/decent - i wouldnt return with so many better quality eating establishments. Also, the place felt dirty which really put me off. We moved twice and still felt unhappy.

I went there to use my Tastecard '241' last winter. Suffice to say I went only once. I share your opinion.

Edited by thenodrog

Clog and Billycock has Halal on the menu. A brave adventure by Nigel or just catering for the demographics?

Won't be going there then. Prefer my meat to have had a better death than having it's throat cut.