BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

It's a brilliant location Stuart! Big place, great setting massive car park etc. The only problem is the fact that it has been in a number of less than competent hands for years. If the owners have a good reputation (which I believe they have) I expect lots of their old regulars will follow them.

They'll need it. It's not competence that's the problem, it's just difficult to bring customers up to the top of that hill starting from scratch.

The view is good though, you're right there.

It's been a while since I was last there but " David Bann " vegetarian restaurant was brilliant even for meat eaters like me. "The Witchery at the Castle" very expensive but disappointing.

Thanks for the help, The Witchery definitely won't be visited! Anyone else got any ideas for Edinburgh? Very unsure of a veggie!

Sorry I know it's a bit off topic one place that looks really nice is our very own catering Northcote at rovers.

A very good friend of mine eats quite a lot at the one up near Brockhall and he advises me it is really good nosh well worth the dosh.

I have also eaten at northcote at rovers on many occasions including the rovers disabled supporters parties and for my birthday.

I attended the home game after and got a good deal on watching it from the legends lounge.

I had lunch 3 course & pudding and have to say the food they serve is amazing the Lancs hotpot they do is very tasty.

It is a place I shall be eating at when I finally move up permanently to Blackburn.

• Like 1

Sorry I know it's a bit off topic one place that looks really nice is our very own catering Northcote at rovers. A very good friend of mine eats quite a lot at the one up near Brockhall and he advises me it (Northcote) is really good nosh well worth the dosh.

Hey you should write to them Brfcrule1. I'm sure Messrs Bancroft, Howarth and the owners of Northcote will be happy to adopt that as a strap line for their advertising and promotional literature. Who knows they may even print it on the napkins. :tu:

Edited by thenodrog

• Backroom

Northcote offsite catering is very good for what it is but the actual restaurant is a totally different kettle of fish Savio

I wouldn't go there expecting the same kind of fare

Or a similar bill!

Personally I'm not a great fan of the Northcote experience. probably a case of 'pearls before swine' but it's a little too stuffed shirt for me with lots of diners who are there primarily to be seen.

Edited by thenodrog

Thanks for the help, The Witchery definitely won't be visited! Anyone else got any ideas for Edinburgh? Very unsure of a veggie!

Seven of us went to this one last year and everyone was impressed, very good value http://www.motherindia.co.uk/

If your after a cheap and cheerful curry this one is very popular as well, http://mosquekitchen.com/ I would probably only eat there during the day or in summer as the tables are outside under tarpaulin.

Cook at home .......... or get a second mortgage. I work in this area and all the locals tell me it is very expensive to eat out.

However if your determined there are several good places on King Street, Knutsford. I would book soon.

For me, I doubt even the best restaurants in the country could beat the satisfaction of a good home cooked meal (even if its just a full fry up on a Sunday morning) Though even if I wanted to I'm definitely in the bracket of those that couldn't afford to eat out regularly, but I find that just makes it feel that bit more of a treat on the occasions I do eat out.

Edited by T.J.Newton

Does anybody know any nice restaurants around the north Cheshire area (Macclesfield, Knutsford, Altrincham, Wilmslow, etc.)? I'm wondering where to take my beloved for dinner for Valentines. Or if I should cook at home...

Also, what's the procedure for proposing?

Check she's likely to say yes. Otherwise whatever you think she'll like. My son did it in a restaurant on Christmas Day, down on one knee in front of everyone. My soon to be son in law did it on a bike ride on a French beach. No protocol, just say what comes naturally and make sure you know your woman. I'd have laughed out loud if my husband had gone down on one knee but some women love it.

• Backroom

Does anybody know any nice restaurants around the north Cheshire area (Macclesfield, Knutsford, Altrincham, Wilmslow, etc.)? I'm wondering where to take my beloved for dinner for Valentines. Or if I should cook at home...

Procedure for me personally would be to do it in private Edited by Tom M

Guest Norbert

I think those big public displays put pressure on the woman to say yes. I don't think it is romantic at all. Mind you, I'm probably not the best to advise on such matters, I have one failed marriage and I do not intend to do it again.

Just don't do it somewhere like Nandos or McDonald's :D

Edited by Norbert

That reminds me of an old un............

A bloke brings his mate home to meet his wife after work. Afterwards she screams at him .

"You stupid @#/?! Why did you do that without warning me? My hair is a right mess and I've no make up on. The house is an absolute tip, the dishes aren't done and I'm still in my pyjamas. It's the wrong time of the month and I couldn't be arsed to cook you any tea. Why the bloody hell did you bring him round here?

Her husband replies.....

"Cos he's thinking of getting married"!

We had a few do it in the Auberge, the knee jobs seemed to work best

I imagine it's 'blow' rather than 'knee' that are responsible for most proposals. ^_^

btw did you have Auberge in a past life yoda?

Edited by thenodrog

That reminds me of an old un............

A bloke brings his mate home to meet his wife after work. Afterwards she screams at him .

"You stupid @#/?! Why did you do that without warning me? My hair is a right mess and I've no make up on. The house is an absolute tip, the dishes aren't done and I'm still in my pyjamas. It's the wrong time of the month and I couldn't be arsed to cook you any tea. Why the bloody hell did you bring him round here?

Her husband replies.....

"Cos he's thinking of getting married"!

I imagine it's 'blow' rather than 'knee' that are responsible for most proposals. ^_^

btw did you have Auberge in a past life yoda?

I started it, sold it to the current owners

I've been championing the O&O since it opened Abbey. You cant go wrong there.

If you like that then try the Butlers Arms too. They have a 'Market menu' on at £9.99 for two courses. As far as the starter is concerned I can't get past the superb poached egg on bacon and chorizo and there is always an interesting and varied choice of main course. If there is nothing on that that you fancy they will happily oblige with something from the A la carte menu.

So much competition that at the moment people around here can't go far wrong when dining out .

• Like 1

Any new reviews?

I am off to the grand in Lytham on sunday which is fantastic and will have lunch at Capri on the Monday (Also excellent)

Didn't get over to the grand sadly but will next time.

Have you tried the Cartford Inn at Great Eccleston, fantastic, best pub food I've had in years.