BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

For fish and chips locally I heartily recommend the Perfect Plaice on Union Road at Oswaldtwistle.

Holly Tree Chippy isn't bad either.

The general standard of chip shops has improved dramatically in my opinion.

Sadly living in the Midlands now they don't gravy :( What is that all about :(

Don't tell me that you didn't check that before you flit??? ^_^

btw My daughter likes gravy with her fish and chips gav! Can't say it's ever appealed to me. Gravy is for chips and steak pudd with a large glug of vinegar.

Was in a chippy in Blackpool a few years ago with a friend who'd come up from London.

She ordered fish n' chips, pointed at the mushy peas and said 'could I have guacamole with that?'

• Like 5

Went to Checco's in May for my birthday, was very good I felt!

I like Checcos too, best tomato and garlic focaccia ever, could eat them all night.

They now do chicken cacciatore spicy (with chillie) if you ask, loved it last time I had it.

Heathens.

Was in a chippy in Blackpool a few years ago with a friend who'd come up from London.

She ordered fish n' chips, pointed at the mushy peas and said 'could I have guacamole with that?'

Brilliant!

Don't tell me that you didn't check that before you flit??? ^_^

btw My daughter likes gravy with her fish and chips gav! Can't say it's ever appealed to me. Gravy is for chips and steak pudd with a large glug of vinegar.

I'm seriously considering moving back!

But on fish n chips, now thats odd Gordon!

• Backroom

Clayton Street chippy in Great Harwood takes some beating. You can eat in and they still do rag pudding.

It's just not the same, Clayton street chippy mid 90's is still the holy grail of fish and chips for me.

We used to go every Saturday before a rovers game and eat in.

• Like 1

Be wary...........

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/13600553.Food_hygiene_shock_as_nearly_120_outlets_deemed_in_need_of____urgent____or____major____improvements/?ref=mr&lp=7

Don't want to single them out unfairly but a couple of notable inclusions caught my eye... Lily Mae's in Accy and Brendan Anderton Butchers Longridge.

Edited by thenodrog

Interesting that Kate Hollern is calling for councils to step up enforcement, does she not realise that trading standard departments have been decimated by the Tory cuts, if she doesn't she should!

Edited by GAV

Apparently The Pack (formerly The Packhorse) is in the final of a 'best pizza in England' award.

I went about 18 months ago, it was very poor indeed, not an Italian in site, just loud Blackburn waiting on staff discussing what they did at the weekend.

Maybe its improved now, changed its name even.

Edited by GAV