BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

The Freemasons is excellent, as is the White Swan at Fence and the Red Pump at Bashall Eaves is good too. The Parkers Arms at Newton has a great reputation, although I've not been.

In Preston Fino has recently opened and is an outstanding tapas place.

Seconded with regards to The White Swan. 

On 22/09/2018 at 18:37, Paul said:

The Hoghton Arms is a very average pub. The two don't compare in my view - the food and beer at The Royal Oak are far, far superior.

Thanks ..The Observatory pub,Whinney Lane ..yep  that one near our Hospital( & the owd KFC) is getting hundreds  of bonkers 5 star reviews on trip advisor..Anyone been and agree iits that good..? 

1 hour ago, JC4LAB said:

Thanks ..The Observatory pub,Whinney Lane ..yep  that one near our Hospital( & the owd KFC) is getting hundreds  of bonkers 5 star reviews on trip advisor..Anyone been and agree iits that good..? 

I know a couple of people who have been and they said it was average, when I looked on Trip advisor the last review was from April. They may have had some removed,  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6197373/One-three-TripAdvisor-reviews-fake-claims-Fakespot-website.html

• 3 months later...

Seen that The Pack at Belthorn has suddenly shut down, strange one as it always seemed to do well.

Though we did go in December and it was only a fairly limited set menu, no a la carte, we presumed it was due to being the run up to Christmas, but who knows...

The White Swan is excellent Matt. We've been twice and failed to get into their Christmas Tapas Night this year, having gone last year.

The experience is nothing like Northcote. It's very much still a pub in style and looks although the food is vastly better to most other pubs. The cooking is probably a little less refined than Northcote but it's still very inventive and full of flavour. It thoroughly deserves it's Michelin star.