BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

What's the best chippie in Blackburn these days - I used to like Joe Chipchase's on Oozehead or the chinese on Stansfield St - I've been disappointed with the last few I've tried.

You think chippies in Blackburn are rubbish - you should try buying chips in Cov! They don't have a clue!!!

I've never managed to find a chip shop that doesn't sell lumpy gravy or curry sauce!!!

Best traditional chip shop in the county imo. Eat in cafe is always full to the gunwales too.

Too right Theno,

Is the memory man still there?

Bispham kitchens were nearly as good but I think they have changed hands now.

:rover:

Red Cat at Heapey/Wheelton is supposedly excellent. (I've not tried it) but expensive.

Been there twice in the last year; the first time we had a good evening, food was good, the portions were acceptable and it was expensive but reasonable for the whole evening. More recently we went as paying guests in a party of 12. We were asked to order our meal several days in advance (!), for me half the pleasure is mulling over the menu and chatting with people, the portions were minute, service OK and we were rushed out at the end, it felt like were on a production line. I'd say the Red Cat has become pretentious, over-priced and very expensive. Food's good but the whole package doesn't represent good value by any stretch of the imagination. I would not recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxed wine and dine evening, the best you'll get is an expensive two hours!

Guest Kamy100

If you are after indian food then 2 recommendations in Manchester:

Akbars (Liverpool Street - Near Science Museam) superb food and very modern restaurant.

East Z East (Behind BBC Building) - again high quality food and superb service.

Too right Theno,

Is the memory man still there?

Sweaty? Yes he's still playing a starring role (..... he once brought me a small cup of tea instead of a mug so he's not perfect :rolleyes: .) Really sound bloke for a big dingle fan. Last I knew his daughter was going out with a lad from Darren who is absolutely rovers mad .... 1st time I met said darrener was when we 'adopted' him in Stanstead on the way to Krakow.

My favourite is the Walton Arms. Good wines, superb Jennings beer and the lamb joint is to die for.

Give it a try and you will not be dissapointed. It's not too expensive either. :D

I know it is not a restaurant question, but who knows of a good chinese in Blackburn?

My favourite is Hollytree but they do not deliver and after a few beers, i cannot pick up and am then totally confused.

I use Oriental Star, which is on King St opposite the Esso garage. Its not a patch on Hollytree, but its the best one I've found that delivers.

If we're getting onto deliveries, whats the best Indian that delivers? I used to use Shad House, but found the service and food went a bit downhill when they changed into a restaurant.

I use Oriental Star, which is on King St opposite the Esso garage. Its not a patch on Hollytree, but its the best one I've found that delivers.

If we're getting onto deliveries, whats the best Indian that delivers? I used to use Shad House, but found the service and food went a bit downhill when they changed into a restaurant.

At last somebody else besides me and er indoors who is not keen on Shad House!

Also Jim the Khyber will deliver. But do yourself a favour if you havent been on the pop and get the car out and go to Bukhara. Lamb with apricots or plums is bloody amazing .

http://www.bukharasamlesbury.co.uk/

btw Feni chink'ys ok too.

Edited by thenodrog

Also Jim the Khyber will deliver. But do yourself a favour if you havent been on the pop and get the car out and go to Bukhara. Lamb with apricots is bloody amazing .

http://www.bukharasamlesbury.co.uk/

btw Feni chink'ys ok too.

Just been looking at the bukhara menu and my mouth is watering, mmmmmmmm

Mr Shad (as I call him) used to be the best in the area - top notch stuff . I went for the first time since he moved and , like jimj , was a bit disappointed . A pity . On the odd occasion I get a takeaway now it's usually from the MCC (Montague Curry Centre) - and that's not as good as it used to be .

I blame New Labour and the credit crunch .

Been to the Whitehall Country Club in Darren tonight and I'd like to say MJ's restaurant is a nice place to eat too. Quite a nice secret find .... Off the beaten track with a nice ambience and not expensive. Def worth a try people. :tu:

The Shaha Joli at Clayton used to be the best take away for miles, I often used to get it delivered to Pleckgate(in preference to the Khyber) it was that good, but not been for a while.

The Shaha Joli at Clayton used to be the best take away for miles, I often used to get it delivered to Pleckgate(in preference to the Khyber) it was that good, but not been for a while.

Agreed Yoda. I used to live over that side until the mid 90's and it was the best around in those days. Moved west of Blackburn so haven't been now for ages.

Agreed Yoda. I used to live over that side until the mid 90's and it was the best around in those days. Moved west of Blackburn so haven't been now for ages.

The last time I went in the 2 brothers were talking about opening a restuarant, in the top club at Clayton I think, don't know if it actually happened or not.