BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

This might interest a few people. It's a Diners Club that you sign up to, gives you 2 for 1 deals in thousands of restaurants around the country. There is a membership fee (not sure what that is), but there's a 2 month free trial at the moment so it could be worth signing up for just for that.

Seems to have a very good selection of restaurants, quite a few that I frequent in Manchester are there.

A friend of mine had one and saved a fortune as he and his wife liked to dine out regularly. He was always trying to convince me to get one too, might give it a try, cheers!

New Indian cafe right across from Ewood on Bolton Road. Been in a couple of time now for a take-home and even before i'd even tasted the food, the service and friendliness of the staff was very impressive. The menu is great and when I eventually tasted the food, which was prepared in the open kitchen, it far surpassed any other Indian i've tried in this area.

I've seen it's popular on match days too.

Edited by dannydisco

At those prices it would want to be good. Very pricey and much more expensive that here.

Dave, you can easily pay double those prices in London or New York. Glad to hear by inference that Sydney remains highly affordable- certainly one of the best eating cities I have ever been to.

Restaurant called Matthew's Bistro in Ambleside, Lake District - excellent food at reasonable prices. Service was fast, ambiance wasn't too formal (just right for us) - £35 for the two of us (3 courses from a set menu). Worth a punt if that's your budget!

I have spent many hours wandering around Ambleside. Spoilt for choice when it comes to food.

I loved Dodds and The Priest Hole. Everyone seemed to be heading for Lucy's on a plate. Did not go myself. Seemed very expensive.

I have spent many hours wandering around Ambleside. Spoilt for choice when it comes to food.

I loved Dodds and The Priest Hole. Everyone seemed to be heading for Lucy's on a plate. Did not go myself. Seemed very expensive.

I think the Lucy places are over rated and not worth going to; Zefferilli's (sp?) is quite good, especially if you combine a meal with cinema tickets.

Eaten out a couple of times in the last week.

The Clog and Billycock. I maybe folowing universal opinion, but it was outstanding.

Also had a meal at Papa Luigis in Blackburn town centre. Now I know this place had a bad rep, but it is now under new management and was excellent.

Friendly staff and good food. Reasonably priced as well. Worth a try.

I too have also eaten out a couple of times in the last week.

First was DUK in Preston, superb meal as always and really good service. I really couldn’t complain about anything.

Second was the Hoghton Arms. Now, the last time I visited this place it was empty and the food was very poor. The food is now good but the prices are even better. On certain nights they have really good deals but the menu is also very cheap. Off the top of my head the deals are as follows:

Monday – Rump Steak, Chips, Peppercorn Sauce and veg - £4.99

Tuesday – Pie Night – Choice of 5 homemade pies

Wednesday – Curry Night – Choice of 6 curries a pint, naan bread for £5

Thursday or Friday was BOGOF on fish meals.

The Boot Inn at Boot in Eskdale - marvellous food and well kept real ale (according to my hub). Treat yourself and stay over. It's a great pub.

Infusion on Finkle Street in Kendal - posh Italian, but they're not snooty. Really good food and efficient, friendly staff.

I agree about Zefferelli's above - the meal and cinema deal is great and their food is really good!

Went out last night and had a wonderful meal at The Villa in Clitheroe.

Highly recommended.

I've been there too. It's good. Unfortunately they must have spent a fortune on the excellent terrace at the rear and we've just suffered the two worst summers in living memory. It'll be superb in a really good spell of summer weather.

Odd that it's right next door to another Italian, have you been there?