BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

Went to Kebabish in Whalley Range, last time I went 18 months ago I walked out as the standard of food was rubbish, it is now under new management and have to say that the food was excellent. The mix grill was great and the Chicken Karahi was as good as I have had.

Went to Kebabish in Whalley Range, last time I went 18 months ago I walked out as the standard of food was rubbish, it is now under new management and have to say that the food was excellent. The mix grill was great and the Chicken Karahi was as good as I have had.

That was good when it first opened but it looked awfully run down last time I went past Kamy. What went wrong?

Guest Kamy100

I think that the people who were running it started off well but then the food quality dropped and fewer people went so they let the place run down. Like I said I went about 18 months ago and the food was so bad that I walked out. New people bought the restaurant about 6 months ago and heard some good reports so went to check it out with a couple of friends over the weekend and was pleasently surprised with the quality of the food.

El Rincon (Spanish) is very good tucked away behind Deansgate and Quay Street. Its address is Deansgate but it is approached from behind via Artillery Street. Authentic, good atmosphere and excellent food. Hmmm, can feel a booking coming on......

First chance to get out for a while this weekend. Went here a few years ago, and returned this Saturday lunch time, the El Rincon De Rafa off Deansgate in Manchester. Subterranean and cosy, staffed by Spaniards, offering excellent seafood an a wide range of Tapas too. Fresh, quick, clean and courteous, would recommend to all for either a lunch time pit stop out shopping(as we did) , or for a proper meal in the evening.

Went to El Rincon de Rafa tonight before going to the MEN, have to say it's a great recommendation so thanks both!

Time was short, but in 40 minutes we ate really well, and 7 tapas dishes washed down with 3 beers was well under 40 quid. Loved the footy memorabilia on the walls as well including the signed Maradona shirt (the owner used to play for Stockport it seems).

We'll be returning for a more leisurely visit in the very near future.

See above post.

Back to it's best, as it should be at £120 for 2 people although that did include a little :rolleyes: wine.

The only down side was the waitress telling me that it is David Cameron's favourite Manchester eating place.

And the place was packed out, which is a suprise for a Tuesday night.

You can keep control of the bill at Yang Sing by asking them to choose the dishes for you - you just give them a per person budget, tell them what you like and don't like and leave it to them. You will get stuff you would not have tried otherwise - we had razor clams last time which were amazing.

help required please

Me and mature for his age 10 year old nephew need either sit down fish and chips or Chinese at 8.30pm one evening in Blackburn or Preston or in between.

Second vote for The Clog, spot on for those needs

in Blackburn or Preston or in between.

Don't want to be picky but I have Pleasington down as in between Blackburn and Preston! :D

As for 9.00pm on a Friday, I think you'd have to book The Clog at that time or be prepared to wait perhaps 30-40 minutes. Can't suggest anywhere else as we rarely eat Chinese and I don't know where to get fish and chips other than a chippy.

I suppose you might try the Red Cat at Wheelton. Portions are small and it's pricey. The food is very good but I'm never sure if I enjoyed myself. Desperatley pretenious restaurant.

Don't want to be picky but I have Pleasington down as in between Blackburn and Preston! :D

As for 9.00pm on a Friday, I think you'd have to book The Clog at that time or be prepared to wait perhaps 30-40 minutes. Can't suggest anywhere else as we rarely eat Chinese and I don't know where to get fish and chips other than a chippy.

I suppose you might try the Red Cat at Wheelton. Portions are small and it's pricey. The food is very good but I'm never sure if I enjoyed myself. Desperatley pretenious restaurant.

Sorry, I hadn't realised where it was. Anyway not to be picky, it seems to be nearer Billinge than Pleasington...

Grub's OK though.

Yep that's what we think....now I wonder why the restaurant says it's in Pleasington? :)

Cos it is. The address used to be just Pleasington but now it's Billinge End Road, Pleasington. The boundary between Blackburn and Pleasington where Billinge End Road used to start is a stream about 200 yards up the road from t'clog. Boundary changes moved Pleasi from Lancashire to Blackburn a number of years ago.

Edited by thenodrog

"The Calf's Head" at Worston (a bit east of Clitheroe.)

We went there early Saturday night, 5 mains, 4 puddings - £51.

Service was sparky and one that was wrong was corrected within minutes. Decent food too; and some decent ale.

Cos it is. The address used to be just Pleasington but now it's Billinge End Road, Pleasington. The boundary between Blackburn and Pleasington where Billinge End Road used to start is a stream about 200 yards up the road from t'clog. Boundary changes moved Pleasi from Lancashire to Blackburn a number of years ago.

That's the most sensible thing you've posted for weeks! See what you can do when you stop idolising The Fat Manager for a few minutes :P

That's the most sensible thing you've posted for weeks! See what you can do when you stop idolising The Fat Manager for a few minutes :P

Thanks Tris. As opposed to idolising the last one .... Oh and his boss I assume! :closedeyes:

btw Sounds like you have become a closet manager hater..... (last paragraph)

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=740666

Edited by thenodrog