BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Best butchers is Ken Bamber at Higher Walton on the way into Preston. Not far from Blackburn.

11 Cann Bridge St, Higher Walton, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 4DJ, United Kingdom - 01772 335181‎

I think you will find that this one is far better

Penny's192

Whalley Road

Accrington

Lancashire

BB5 5HE

not cheap but simply the best!

Dined there myself last night.

1. Food was good if a taj overpriced. No better than the excellent but much smaller Millstone at Mellor in that respect.

2. They really need to do away with using breadboards as plates. I'm sure that the novelty has worn off and I always suspect the hygiene levels.

3. They do need Carlsberg Export on tap. A quality restaurant chain should not be serving natts p1ss to the more discerning lager drinkers.

4. It's going to be as much a social experience than an eaterie. I couldn't move for people that I know but haven't seen for ages.

Enjoyable night all the same. Packed out too, so whether that was people 'giving it a go' or genuine regular diners of the future only time will tell. I assume competitors that will feel the effects of any success at the Clog will include the Millstone, Thyme and Inside Out..... and to an extent the Three Fishes!

Is it ok to take kids? They sent us a publicity flyer last week so I was considering booking a table. It's years since I was last 'in't Clog' ..... I seem to remember an aquarium in there ... in the late 80's?

Best butchers is Ken Bamber at Higher Walton on the way into Preston. Not far from Blackburn.

11 Cann Bridge St, Higher Walton, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 4DJ, United Kingdom - 01772 335181‎

Well if we're doing butchers now (well meat suppliers) I can recommend Spout House Farm in Higher Wheelton. On the left as you drive from Blackburn. Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday 11.00 to 4.00pm. Superb home grown meat, nice cheeses, nice people and great cakes (made by a local lady). I think they are looking to expand if the refurbisment of a lrage barn is anything to go by. We no longer buy meat products in supermarkets, everything is at Spout House, ten times the quality and the same price if not cheaper than Tesco.

Edited by Paul

La Scala A59 between 6 and 7 pm does 3 courses for £9.95. Went last week. decor nice. Kids welcome. Service a bit slow (leisurely rather than useless) but last time we went we told them we were pressed for time and they did do things quicker. Thoroughly enjoyed by all our family.

La Scala A59 between 6 and 7 pm does 3 courses for £9.95. Went last week. decor nice. Kids welcome. Service a bit slow (leisurely rather than useless) but last time we went we told them we were pressed for time and they did do things quicker. Thoroughly enjoyed by all our family.

Went there once just after it opened. Party of 6 and we were all 'underwhelmed'.

Cafe / Diner, @Manchester, Blackburn w Darwen and Blackpool

If you know good Cafe / Diner in Manchester, Blackburn w Darwen and Blackpool, Let me know!! : )

(I don't know British use the word "Diner", I'd like to know "Cafe" types eating place, not restaurants)

I'd like to know...

* Good light food (snacks / sweets) and Coffee (for good price)

or

* Something unique or quaint interior or atomosphere / mood

or

* Open all night / Opening @ early morning

( really want to know!!!)

Thanks! : )

p.s.

no thanks about carbon copy cafe ... like Starbucks... info

Edited by dillo_dillo

Disgusting.

I feel that a £1,500 fine is not enough for a serious infestation of cockroaches - especially considering that there was a history of pest problems at the Bastwell Curry Centre. So it's not as if this was a one-off.

Vermin on the floor and frankly the owners are vermin too...

Last year, Papa Luigi's - formerly Tiggi's - in King William Street, Blackburn, was fined £3,000 after dead mice, a cockroach and rodent droppings were found in the restaurant. Fridges and a microwave oven were found to be contaminated with old food and grease.

I'd like, if I may, to name and shame 67 restaurants and takeaways across Blackburn and Darwen, who were all warned last year to take food hygiene more seriously.

Please avoid the following premises in Blackburn and Darwen - which have all been rated as "bad" for food hygiene.

Blackburn Buffet City, Exchange Street;

Flames, New Bank Road;

The Chippery, Johnston Street;

Chesters Chicken and Pizza, Copy Nook;

Marhaba Sweet Centre, Victoria Street;

Hot and Tender, Accrington Road;

Trishna Indian Takeaway, Bolton Road;

Godfather, Blakey Moor;

Sweet Palace, Audley Range;

Oasis Fast Food, Borough Road;

Tasty Corner Tandoori, Whalley New Road;

Fareed Takeaway, Audley Range;

Chili Corner Grill, Whalley Banks;

Eastern Delight, Mincing Lane;

Godfather Pizza House, Duckworth Street;

Mellors Catering @Microtech Solutions, Philips Road;

Muffins, Town Hall Street;

Simi's Takeaway, Whalley Old Road;

Lynwood Takeaway, Blackburn Road;

Punch Hotel, Chapels;

Chetham Arms, High Street, Turton;

Ranken Arms, Hoddlesden;

Royal Arms, Tockholes Road;

Azeems Restaurant, St Peter Street,

Haweli Restaurant, Higher Eanam;

Waterlily Inn, Eccleshill;

Cookin Crew, Blackburn Road;

Barm Pots, New Chapel Street;

Carol's Butty Box, Blackburn Road;

Butz Sandwich Bar, Whalley New Road;

Tasty Spot, Darwen Street;

Bilash Balti, Blackburn Road;

Oasis Fast Food Northwest, Darwen Street;

May Flower, Markham Road;

New Moon Chinese Takeaway, New Chapel Street;

Davidsons, Blackburn Road;

D and Leavers Bakers, Bolton Road;

D Whitehead, Blackburn Road;

Alexander's, Blackburn Road;

Spar, Rothesay Road;

Mohammed & Sons, Pringle Street;

Firdos Cash & Carry, Altom Street;

Almadina Halal Meat & Grocers, Whalley Street;

Pepenico, Watford Street;

Anwar Halal Meat, London Road,

Corner Shop, Warrington Street;

Yau Hing Chinese, Blackburn Road;

China Wok, Bolton Road;

Cherry Tree Chippy, Preston Old Road;

Mill Hill Curry Centre, New Welllington Street;

Zand's, New Chapel Street,

Naafiah, Audley Range,

Khans Spice Takeaway, Johnston Street,

Shandar Tandoori, Victoria Street,

Imran Tandoori, Wensley Road,

Goodfellas Part 2, Randal Street;

Kebabish Original, Whalley New Road;

Eastern Spice, Whalley Banks;

Masala Mix, Accrington Road;

New Star, Blackburn Road;

Zen Zen, Redlam;

Wok King Express, Whalley New Road,

Local News and Mini Mart, Whalley New Road.

Link: Blackburn premises named and shamed by environmental health inspectors

Well if we're doing butchers now (well meat suppliers) I can recommend Spout House Farm in Higher Wheelton. On the left as you drive from Blackburn. Open Friday, Saturday, Sunday 11.00 to 4.00pm. Superb home grown meat, nice cheeses, nice people and great cakes (made by a local lady). I think they are looking to expand if the refurbisment of a lrage barn is anything to go by. We no longer buy meat products in supermarkets, everything is at Spout House, ten times the quality and the same price if not cheaper than Tesco.

How far into HW is this? Past the shop/petrol station or is it on the outskirts? Working from memory here (very fallible!), is it the place near where the school was?

I'd like, if I may, to name and shame 67 restaurants and takeaways across Blackburn and Darwen, who were all warned last year to take food hygiene more seriously.

Please avoid the following premises in Blackburn and Darwen - which have all been rated as "bad" for food hygiene.

Link: Blackburn premises named and shamed by environmental health inspectors

I thought that list was the pre-training eating itinerary for a certain Benedict Mcarthy.

Alarmingly, half of the list would be considered as 'established' takeaways/troff houses.

Always thought the guy at BCC was quite amusingly camp in a nice way; it doesn't seem much of a punishment to fine 3000 for the history they seem to have on non-compliance on environmental health though?