BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Anyone needing to eat out in Bristol head for The Lido. Yes it is a swimming pool...............with a very fine restaurant!! Excellent, interesting food, great service and a good wine list. Reckon on three courses at £40 a head including drinks, £25-30 without.

http://www.lidobristol.com/

Abbey - Chinatown is all tourist trap fare - Overpriced and not very good - I went to this one last May with about 10 friends - http://joykinglau.com/ - It wasn't bad, but as usual we got ripped off with them adding sides as they saw fit, all the usual stuff when there's a lot of you not taking too much notice what the waiters are doing. - Some ideas for Chinese in London can be found here http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/selections/best-chinese-restaurants-in-london

We ate at lotus garden . The food was top notch really enjoyed it . However as Jimbo said extra stuff like noodles bump the price and the beer was @#/? . We got half price tickets for willy wonka ( I've never seen the film and I had no idea he was a child murderer )

It seemed strange that every tube station had police in cars/vans outside . Hindsight makes you wonder if they thought someone had gone on the tunnel and into London after watching Brussells this morning. A bit apprehensive now about this mornings journey if I'm honest

Edited by ABBEY

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody fancy a takeaway? http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14430526.Ordering_in_tonight__Food_hygiene_ratings_for_Blackburn_Darwen_takeaways_revealed___/

p.s. 'Sonali' is my usual local go to for a good curry and to be fair the food is always spot on and so is the service, its just the building itself that is a bit of a wreck

Edited by T J Hooker

Taking my daughter and six others to Yu & You later (her 21st, took the cake last night).

Really looking forward to it, can't speak for my wallet though !

I love Yu and You, but you're right, the wallet will take a major hit :tu:

What all decent restaurants should do:

I booked online...

They confirmed...

Two days before they emailed me asking to reconfirm or cancel...

We went, and had a great time.... then

this:

Hello from the Fort Denison Restaurant,

Thank you for joining us over the past week. We are always looking to ensure our diners have a great experience at the island and therefore invite you to provide any feedback that you would like to share with us. If you have any comments on anything that you particularly enjoyed including food, beverage, service and experience, or anything you would like to see changed it would be greatly appreciated in our efforts to continue to provide a great Sydney dining experience.

Thank you,

Jennie

The Reservations Team

It doesn't take much, all automated, but it makes you feel wanted.

• Like 1

Six of us including drinks, £126, fantastic.

Great service and tasty food :)

£126! did you have a voucher!

Last time I went it was close to that for 3! and we didn't have lots of drink either, good job actually as Shebby Singh was in that night and I was going to "Have a word with him directly" until the Mrs bundled me out :D

Regardless of the price its a good place, the best in the area by far for me, glad you enjoyed it.

• Moderation Lead

I must admit I didn't think it looked TOO expensive on the whole (Yu and You), as llong as you don't order the Wagyu Beef which was nigh on £60 as you say Abbey!

• Moderation Lead

Is that What it was ? I saw that and massive prices on wine and stuff and went to monte christo instead ..

Yeah, do you know when Gordon Ramsay awarded them the best Chinese in the country? That was the winning dish. (Though I don't think Wagyu beef is ever cheap tbh). I didn't have a look at the price of drinks, it's a bit of a trek for me, so one of us would probably have had to drive.....

• Backroom

Had the best burger I've ever had at solita and one of the most average!

Think it will do well though and will definitely give it a visit