Sign in to follow this  
pksrover

Restaurants

ODB is a deceased member of the Wu Tang Clan. Use google to see what it stands for.

Our Daily Bread, of course! ;)

Our Daily Bread, of course! ;)

There's an 'R. Daley Bread' just off Deansgate in Manchester. That makes me chuckle every time I see it.

Just off the top of my head the one at Bull Hill in Darren is pretty good, also the Royal Phoenix at Ossy.

Don't get me wrong, Yu and Yu is good but it's expensive and priced that way to cater for the Ribble Valley set. It's just not that much better than some others considerably cheaper. Sharjan is a similar case but in the Indian food bracket, expensive but Yu can get better if you look around. Just my opinion Gav old buddy.

And just as an after thought Gav, try Mais at Rishton behind the Roebuck pub. The owners use to have the takeaway at Shear Brow in Blackburn, it's a hidden gem.

Went to Mais Last Friday teatime, ordered fish and chips and the good lady gave me 2 fish. Incredible value!

Had a meal at the hyndburn fonight, Whaley road- end of clayton! This was worth mentioning because two of the lads at the table are BRFCS posters, answers on a postcard which two!

Decent fare - service was good and relatively cheap. I had a burger, definitely homemade and good but you'd have to ask the others about dessert!

Had a meal at the hyndburn fonight, Whaley road- end of clayton! This was worth mentioning because two of the lads at the table are BRFCS posters, answers on a postcard which two!

Decent fare - service was good and relatively cheap. I had a burger, definitely homemade and good but you'd have to ask the others about dessert!

The bash boys Khod and Al got to be!

50% correct!

Not me certainly and to my knowledge I have not met K-Hod. Maybe I should.

I'll give you a clue, he's in every kebab shop in the world! :)

What's ABBEY doing over that neck of the woods?

Pack at Belthorn another winner last night. Two mains, shared a dessert, 2 drinks each, less than £40!

Delicious food and good service. I have a thing for stonebaked pizzas.

Did Alberts schloss in Manchester last night. Bang average. Far too big a room for food when it's full of pissheads.

Went to Rogan in Cartmel a couple of weeks ago. We went at lunchtime when they had a set menu (3 choices per course). We hadn't booked and they needed our table for later but they didn't rush us. Portions weren't huge but the food was excellent, both in quality and presentation and at 24.50 for 3 courses, quite reasonable for a restaurant of its type. Wines were not overpriced either. Worth a visit if you're up there