BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

For lunch on the go, Zakros in the market have a few Thai's working there and they do a decent pad grapow (krapow)Thai basil chicken). Not the best I've ever had like but decent.

Oooops, thought he meant Clitheroe.

Best place for lunch is Muffins on Town Hall Street, no ping food in there,

Try the Braised steak and onions or the plate meat pie

Edited by yoda
  • Like 1

Really, I used to visit the ones they had in Hampstead and Manchester. It was a bit expensive but something a bit different. How they expected it to be successful in a shopping mall that shuts at 5-30 at night I'll never know !

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/eds-easy-diner-restaurant-chain-12014099

http://www.business-sale.com/news/article/eds-easy-diner-restaurant-chain-acquired-by-2-sisters-food-group-entrepreneur-38415.html

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/05/clitheroe-lancashire-uk-top-50-gastropubs?CMP=oth_b-aplnews_d-2

Interesting read. It may be nit picking but I don't think any of those 5 pubs are actually in clitheroe. Freemasons-wiswell, the parkers arms-newton by Bowland, inn at whitewell-whitewell, Asherton arms-Downham and the white swan is in fence I think.

But the underlying point of the article is correct there's some top notch eateries round here.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tom said:

Giving the Clogg another try at weekend, long time since I been and places seem to have overtaken it and left it behind a little. 

Went in a few Saturday's back, about 1pm. Was heaving.

I enjoyed it, though there is so much competiton now, can't afford to drop your standards.

• Backroom
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Went in a few Saturday's back, about 1pm. Was heaving.

I enjoyed it, though there is so much competiton now, can't afford to drop your standards.

Ah glad to hear it, we used to like it but then seemed to tail off.

Within a ten miles radius of Northwich there is a plethora of classy restaurants. One of my favourites is Chime in Hartford only five minutes away from where we live. There is a main menu, a Lunch Menu, a Brunch Menu and a Sunday Roast Menu. There is also an extensive drinks menu although the beers are mainly bottled or lager/lager beer from the pumps. It's basically A La Carte with a delicious selection of pizzas and flatbreads. The building is lovely with dining either downstairs (where the bar is) or alternatively upstairs. Prices are very reasonable bearing in mind this is Cheshire. If any of you are down this way, have a look.

Ended up having a beer in Harvester Salt Cellar near Middlewich a few weeks back after the M6 went into meltdown.

Just had a beer mind but the place was absolutely packed, doing a roaring trade, beer was good also, you know when you get the taste but have to drive ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom
On 05/03/2017 at 8:22 PM, Gav said:

Ended up having a beer in Harvester Salt Cellar near Middlewich a few weeks back after the M6 went into meltdown.

Just had a beer mind but the place was absolutely packed, doing a roaring trade, beer was good also, you know when you get the taste but have to drive ;)

Never been in one but my 5 year old loves the Hungry Horse chain, got to say they aren't all that terrible for a chain of family pubs.

Clogg and Billy was decent last week. The only disappointment being my wife commented the cheese and onion pie wasn't up to the old standards which for her is the best she's tasted before, a guy working there said an old hand had made the pies for a long time and was training a younger lad to do it and he obviously isn't quite there yet.

Offered us a free starter, pie and bottle of wine to return which is lovely as she wasn't complaining just giving some feedback.

I got the devilled chicken which was lovely and friends of ours got Hotpot - always a winner there and the duck which went down a treat.

4 mains, 4 small starters / nibbles and 2 rounds of drinks were just shy of £100 which is reasonable for that style of place these days.

So I really enjoyed my meal plus a cheap meal for our anniversary tonight - can't complain!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As I've already mentioned this in the movie thread I won't rattle on. I can thoroughly recommend the Cafe Bar at Home Manchester. Excellent food, some good standard pizza, burger meals plus other very unusual imaginative dishes.

Three of us had mains, deserts, drinks, coffee for £55 - in city centre Manchester!! Very, very good.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
Just now, JC4LAB said:

Thought I revise this thread which I use to enjoy reading..

...Whats happened to all you fine diners who use to frequent the Clog &Billy etc..

I'm looking for somewhere to eat out in and around  Blackburn for an anniversary. nosh up....

I don't live in Lancashire myself but I made a special effort to visit here last time I was in the area:

http://www.thecartfordinn.co.uk/

superb place to eat, a bit out of the way but worth it.

2 hours ago, JC4LAB said:

Thought I revise this thread which I use to enjoy reading..

...Whats happened to all you fine diners who use to frequent the Clog &Billy etc..

I'm looking for somewhere to eat out in and around  Blackburn for an anniversary. nosh up....

The Clog and Billycock has been sold and is closed for refurbishment till October 6th. The Royal Oak at Riley Green is good but I'm not sure it matches an anniversary nosh up. It does offer very good pub food and service.

I haven't been, my wife has, but I hear the Butlers at Pleasington is very good.

Other than those there isn't much around Blackburn at the moment. The Ribble Valley has a lot of choice. The Assheton Arms at Downham is tremendous but you might need to stay overnight!!!!!!!

Edited by Paul