BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Thanks Kamy I will look it up.

btw is that the double fronted restaurant 50 yards past the Shandar towards Bastwell? If so I have had a take away from there. Went in the excellent Barzooka for a 'quickie' of a diffrent kind whilst I waited too.

I think that is the one. Not too fond of the food there to be honest, however, the chicken is brilliant as Kamy mentioned. Would recommend that.

• 1 month later...

we had booked in my favorate place on saturday night for my birthday but was rushed in hospital thursday night and we had to cancel.They wernt happy and we was going to go sunday instead but because of their attitude we didnt.We instead after reading this thread went to the clog...bloody hell IT WAS FANTASTIC.....i had caulie fritters and then game pie ,flamin superb!!!!

Off to the Yang Sing in Manchester tonight to take a couple of work contacts. Recently i've gone to the Little Yang Sing but thought I would give the original one a return visit and see if the food has improved.

I'll give a report tomorrow; depending on how many pints I have in the Grey Horse beforehand.

See above post.

Back to it's best, as it should be at £120 for 2 people although that did include a little :rolleyes: wine.

The only down side was the waitress telling me that it is David Cameron's favourite Manchester eating place.

And the place was packed out, which is a suprise for a Tuesday night.

Edited by preston blue

My dad has just phoned to tell me that he has booked to take me to a cantonese in guide - Guide Village i think he said. A couple of people have made brief comments about it on this thread - just checking it is ok! Nothing worse than a crap chinese!!!

My dad has just phoned to tell me that he has booked to take me to a cantonese in guide - Guide Village i think he said. A couple of people have made brief comments about it on this thread - just checking it is ok! Nothing worse than a crap chinese!!!

Its' Cantonese and variable!

Used to be good!

Haven't been for a couple of years, though, as I moved away...

I liked the black pepper dishes (beef or steak).

Hot and sour soup to start...or prawn toast with a side of kung po sauce. Lovely!

I've eaten there twice (yonks ago) and it's been fine. Too bloody small though.

Oh, yeah, it's tiny!

Used to be awful when you could smoke, but they were very forward thinking and banned smoking a while before the rest of the country. It was soo small it only took one fagger to stink the place out.

• Backroom

Guide village is OK but it feels like you're eating in someones lounge.

On the strength of this thread I tried Duk and it was bloody brilliant.

Next to try is Bukhara for sure thanks for the tips.

Just got back having been to that restuarant! I have to say you all had it spot on! Tiny and food alright! We were cramped in and it felt like we had gone to dinner with the couple on the table next to our table but luckily we ended up sat quite far away from the door.

There was a queue out of the door most of the night with people coming to pick up take aways so it felt like you were eating in a zoo but the food was really nice. Bit disappointed when we arrived to find a set 'valentines menu' but after some negotiations I got what I wanted!!!

Thanks for the help

Went to the Three Fishes after the game today - great food as expected.

However, they'd abandoned the "no bookings unless there's more than 6 of you policy" for the evening and had pretty much booked the place out. For the hour or so we were there, they must have turned away about 15 couples who assumed normal rules applied and expected to eat - doh!

We heard that they are actually going to abandon that policy for weekdays, so they will be taking bookings for any size of party except at the weekend when it will still only be parties of 6+ who can book. I assume this will apply at the Clog and Billycock as well.

We heard that they are actually going to abandon that policy for weekdays, so they will be taking bookings for any size of party except at the weekend when it will still only be parties of 6+ who can book. I assume this will apply at the Clog and Billycock as well.

Correct. Went tut Clog last neet and were towd t'same.

Tables booked up but managed to get one because we were early and promised to sod off by 7.30

EDIT- By the way,the grub was excellent.

Edited by whittle blue

no booking policies ..grrr we turned up at checcos...full booked up and there were loads of couple who they had let book and then the alghero was the same.We settled on papa luigis (old tiggis) and we got in sat down ,waited for 20mins for a drinks order to come and the place was dead of atmosphere and so cold my fiancee was actually shivering ,so we left.We bumped into a friend of my step daughters and we rang Quattros in accy (used to be mc d ) got in there and it was fantastic..recommended.

There was a queue out of the door most of the night with people coming to pick up take aways so it felt like you were eating in a zoo but the food was really nice.

However, they'd abandoned the "no bookings unless there's more than 6 of you policy" for the evening and had pretty much booked the place out. For the hour or so we were there, they must have turned away about 15 couples who assumed normal rules applied and expected to eat - doh!

Correct. Went tut Clog last neet and were towd t'same.

Tables booked up but managed to get one because we were early and promised to sod off by 7.30

no booking policies ..grrr we turned up at checcos...full booked up and there were loads of couple who they had let book and then the alghero was the same.

Recession? What recesion? :D

Recession? What recesion? :D

Haven't you heard, Gord?

They've knocked 2.5% of VAT! Fill your boots!

Suddenly all those things you never thought you could afford cost a very nominal amount less! Britain's surely going consumer crazy!?!

Sorry - OT - Couldn't help myself!

I quite like going to Wetherspoons nowadays!

Grill club on a Tuesday, Curry club on a Thursday. Cheap and cheerful!