BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Went to The Sparling on Garstang Road in Barton the other week. It's a gastropub with an astonishingly cheap weekday menu - Mon - Thursday 3 courses for 7.99. Delicious fresh prepared food that you'd be hard pushed to get for less than at least double that elsewhere.

The best Fish and Chips I have had in Blackpool is at Seniors.

Fantastic!

James Brown went in there a few years ago. The woman serving tells him there's no fish left. So Brown says "I know you got Sole, 'cos if you didn't I wouldn't be in here."

True story.

• Backroom

Is seniors the one in Thornton? I think I went there when I was working at Cleveleys a bit back, very good.

I'm a Clayton street man myself, was brought up going every Saturday lunch.

Is seniors the one in Thornton? I think I went there when I was working at Cleveleys a bit back, very good.

I'm a Clayton street man myself, was brought up going every Saturday lunch.

Jack's chippy and the memory man!, Elle's in Rishton used to be on a par,

Bispham Kitchens used to be superb, new owners now I think so may not be the same,

:rover:

For Fish and Chips in Preston this is as good as any.

armers Glory on Haslingden Old Rd, Oswaldtwistle do cracking fish and chips and quite a reasonable price. other items on the menu are cumberland Sausage and Mash, Steak & Ale pie and a mean Stilton Burger. It's a real welcoming oldy worldy quiet country pub.

Which one was Elle's yoda? The best we have in Rishton now is Atlantic.

its the chinese just down from the Auberge, surprised that the Auberge does not get more of a mention in this thread, or is it not as good now?

• Backroom

Ah right must have been before my time, to me it's chans still but i recall people calling it Nellies but maybe I misheard them saying Elle's.

The auberge used to superb but I havn't been for a long time, the early bird menu was fantastic value.

Used to work there and the chef is a top bloke as well.

For pub food I quite like the Eagle and Child over at Hurst Green.

Tugay.... it's his favourite by all accounts.

Really? I've never seen him in there! I'll have to keep an eye out!

Eaten there a few times. Yes, it's pretty good!

It's Cafe Istanbul, not Istanbul Cafe. You'll get blank looks if you ask directions to the latter (or they'll send you to Topkapi, which seems to have turned into a glorified take away!).

Really? I've never seen him in there! I'll have to keep an eye out!

Eaten there a few times. Yes, it's pretty good!

It's Cafe Istanbul, not Istanbul Cafe. You'll get blank looks if you ask directions to the latter (or they'll send you to Topkapi, which seems to have turned into a glorified take away!).

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=754692

;)

Edited by thenodrog

Directions are not an issue thanks. I love Turkish/ Greek/ Armenian grub, and use to go to the Topkapi, but as you say they seem more interested in the hand to mouth brigade these days, but the staff were still very friendly last time I went in.

Directions are not an issue thanks. I love Turkish/ Greek/ Armenian grub, and use to go to the Topkapi, but as you say they seem more interested in the hand to mouth brigade these days, but the staff were still very friendly last time I went in.

I've not been to Cafe Istanbul for a while.

Could you report back on here, please, Ozzie?

Thanks!

Good spot!

Ah right must have been before my time, to me it's chans still but i recall people calling it Nellies but maybe I misheard them saying Elle's.

The auberge used to superb but I havn't been for a long time, the early bird menu was fantastic value.

Used to work there and the chef is a top bloke as well.

For pub food I quite like the Eagle and Child over at Hurst Green.

You used to work there!

That was obviously before my time :lol:

and before I employed Crocodile Dundee!

• Backroom

Yup I started off just washing up and ended up....just washing up and helping with menial taks in the kitchen, peeling spuds, washing mussels that kinda thing, enjoyed it though. probably 10 years ago now for 3-4 years.

The missus went to Bem Brasil in Manchester for lunch last week.

Food was very good, although it's dear.

It was full of footballers, apparently, although she didn't recognise them, except for Wes Brown.

The missus went to Bem Brasil in Manchester for lunch last week.

Food was very good, although it's dear.

It was full of footballers, apparently, although she didn't recognise them, except for Wes Brown.

Thats next to Cafe Istanbul I think, down by the side of Kendals. Its a larger expansion of Pau Brasil that was in the Northern Quarter. Its only just opened and would love to go. Those all you can eat Brazillians are fantastic value (when you consider the type, quality and amount of meat you eat) but at £19.99 per person + drinks I need to wait for the right occasion. However the lunch time menu is £12 inc drink i think. Looks very nice, dont think the girlfriend would eat £20 quids worth of meat though.

Anyone else been?