BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

Thats next to Cafe Istanbul I think, down by the side of Kendals. Its a larger expansion of Pau Brasil that was in the Northern Quarter. Its only just opened and would love to go. Those all you can eat Brazillians are fantastic value (when you consider the type, quality and amount of meat you eat) but at £19.99 per person + drinks I need to wait for the right occasion. However the lunch time menu is £12 inc drink i think. Looks very nice, dont think the girlfriend would eat £20 quids worth of meat though.

Anyone else been?

That's where it is, yes. Just up from San Carlo.

The fully monty is £22.50 of an evening. £12.50 at lunch (Both from memory, had asken at the website this morining)

Neither include drinks, I think.

Only been open a week or two.

Edited by DanLad

and she's still the girlfriend?

:rolleyes: Difficult but I managed to resist the infantile temptation to comment on bluewhitedynamite munching away on brazilians and his girlfreind's liking for eating large amounts of meat............

............. till now! :lol:

btw Whatever Richmonds became after it shut has shut again! Lovely restaurant but in the wrong setting. Despite what Philip and Paul say Blackburn centre cannot support a decent restaurant. It's a shameful state of affairs and a very sad indictment of a town this size. Makes me fearful for what sort of future we have in store?

Edited by thenodrog

The Spread Eagle at Barrow last night. Food OK, atmoshere vibrant but the bill seemed expensive at the end of the evening.

For the star struck there was a sprinkling of local celebs......

1. Stuart Ripley was in mourning for Boro's chances and very scathing about their lack of quality.

2. For the older members who remember him and fast asleep sat upright in a chair by 12.30 was another ex-player from the North East David Hamilton.

3. Looking as satisfied as the cat that got the cream and appearing very popular, ex Agent Kilby. Lets hope that he's soon looking as glum as Rippers!

4. Me. ^_^

Finally got in the Clog & Billy at the third attempt the other Saturday. Nothing more to add to the previous good recommendations on here except to say that their cheese & onion pie is a sodding world beater.

Soon going to be a victim of it's own success. Saturday's might be best avoided. I drove past on Saturday and the carpark was overflowing and diners were parking on the road. A 2.5 hour wait was in place I understand. There's no need for that with so many alternatives. It's good but not that good.

Soon going to be a victim of it's own success. Saturday's might be best avoided. I drove past on Saturday and the carpark was overflowing and diners were parking on the road. A 2.5 hour wait was in place I understand. There's no need for that with so many alternatives. It's good but not that good.

The Clog was always going to be ambushed this Saturday ... Nigel Howarth was on The Great British Menu every day last week on BBC2 - that's 2 1/2 hours of early evening TV exposure. Plus the Clog was specifically featured as the newest part of his collection. The punters would have journeyed from far and wide this weekend.

That said, we completed the full set of RVI eateries on Saturday with a visit to the Highwayman near Kirkby Lonsdale. Table for 6 booked as late as 10.30am for a 1.30pm lunch no problems. Couldn't be faulted - with food like that it's no surprise people want to eat it!

Despite what Philip and Paul say Blackburn centre cannot support a decent restaurant.

I have never suggested Blackburn centre could support a decent restaurant. But don't worry just keep on spouting your own interpretation of what people actually post. It's what makes everything you say so amusingly daft...........and utterly irrelevant.

I have never suggested Blackburn centre could support a decent restaurant. But don't worry just keep on spouting your own interpretation of what people actually post. It's what makes everything you say so amusingly daft...........and utterly irrelevant.

:D

He can't see it though.

The Clog was always going to be ambushed this Saturday ... Nigel Howarth was on The Great British Menu every day last week on BBC2 - that's 2 1/2 hours of early evening TV exposure. Plus the Clog was specifically featured as the newest part of his collection. The punters would have journeyed from far and wide this weekend.

That said, we completed the full set of RVI eateries on Saturday with a visit to the Highwayman near Kirkby Lonsdale. Table for 6 booked as late as 10.30am for a 1.30pm lunch no problems. Couldn't be faulted - with food like that it's no surprise people want to eat it!

I saw Thursdays episode with the puddings. Did he win?

1. Nice drive up and back and a lovely location but the Highwayman is their quietest eaterie.

2. Unforseen at the time but I understand that the Clog and Billy has swiped business from the Three Fishes.

3. Sounds like you might still have one to go. Spoke to NH a fortnight ago and he said that RVI's have just opened the Bull at Broughton Tris. No Lanky food of course everything is sourced in Yorkshire for that one. I'm in a bit of a quandary whether to go or not.

• Backroom

After hearing good reports of the cheese and onion pie we're finally going to try the clog and billycock tomorrow night.

Any other recommendations off the menu, I like the look of the devilled chicken?

Edited by TCO

After hearing good reports of the cheese and onion pie we're finally going to try the clog and billycock tomorrow night.

Any other recommendations off the menu, I like the look of the devilled chicken?

caulie fritters and then the game pie.

C & O pie - if it's anything like the "3 Fishes" version you'll need to take a doggie bag.

Kept me in dinner at work for a few days.

I saw Thursdays episode with the puddings. Did he win?

1. Nice drive up and back and a lovely location but the Highwayman is their quietest eaterie.

2. Unforseen at the time but I understand that the Clog and Billy has swiped business from the Three Fishes.

3. Sounds like you might still have one to go. Spoke to NH a fortnight ago and he said that RVI's have just opened the Bull at Broughton Tris. No Lanky food of course everything is sourced in Yorkshire for that one. I'm in a bit of a quandary whether to go or not.

His hot-pot will be the main course.

I'm watching the finals at the moment and it looks like the starter will be a pea ravioli, WTF has that got to do with a taste of home. The judges have no clue what they are talking about they make it up as they go along.

Called in Bukhara on the way home- thought it excellent.

Lamb succulent and the spices perfectly balanced.

Brilliant value compared with London as well.

Told you so page 3. You'll have to trust me whilst you are around these parts Philip. ;)

btw San Marco Much Hoole Sat night. Good food, good ambience and excellent value. Pity it's quite a long drive.

Clog and Billy Sunday night. Good food as usual but the bill ticked up faster than Sat nights foray.

Edited by thenodrog

Went on your recommendation 'drog.

Quantity is such that at least half the tables including me took doggy bags.

The clothing worn by the clientelle was colourful to say the least. Plenty of Rovers shirts whilst the Asian ladies present ran the gammut from burkahs through head scarves to glorious sahris to casual sort and jeans to microskirts.

Incidentally being non-alcholic makes it extremely safe for driving, a great chance to drink a superb mango lashi (sp?) and keeps the price right down.

Went on your recommendation 'drog.

Quantity is such that at least half the tables including me took doggy bags.

The clothing worn by the clientelle was colourful to say the least. Plenty of Rovers shirts whilst the Asian ladies present ran the gammut from burkahs through head scarves to glorious sahris to casual sort and jeans to microskirts.

Incidentally being non-alcholic makes it extremely safe for driving, a great chance to drink a superb mango lashi (sp?) and keeps the price right down.

Lassi.

Incidentally being non-alcholic makes it extremely safe for driving, a great chance to drink a superb mango lashi (sp?) and keeps the price right down...............

........... superb cuisine and cheap as chips. Plan to finish off the night in the local and t'jobs a gud un. When I go to the bukhara I try to time it so that we go an hour sooner than our normal time of 8-9pm anywhere else and still have time to have a few scoops in the local. ;)

Edited by thenodrog

Had a nice tapas afternoon today in El Rincon Manchester. Lovely food, authentic atmosphere and the pretty decent Cruz Campo.

Gave El Rincon another whirl last night after watching Lancashire destroy Yorkshire at Old Trafford ... once again couldn't be faulted. Very busy for a Tuesday evening after a bank holiday! Really good value as well (8 tapas dishes and a decent bottle of wine, enough change from 50 quid to leave a tip). We just perched at the bar - a really nice informal way to eat tapas ... apparently next to some geezer off Coronation Street, but for all I know about soaps it could have been someone off Sesame Street.