BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Restaurants

• Backroom

Annie's in Manchester is VERY good. Tasty food (very northern feel, with good fish and chips, an awesome sunday roast and truly excellent choices of pie).

Worth a visit for sure. Pub-food prices in the middle of Manc seem cheap but very nice food. Just watch out for the drinks, mind. 5 of us paid a bill of about £110.

Went to Anar Kali last night and I wasn't very impressed. Chicken chat to start was ok and the service was pretty good, but my lamb main was average at best. Had the naga bahar special and the lamb was as tough as old boots.

Place was absolutely rammed though so they must be doing something right. Maybe mine was just a one off?

• Moderation Lead

Went to Anar Kali last night and I wasn't very impressed. Chicken chat to start was ok and the service was pretty good, but my lamb main was average at best. Had the naga bahar special and the lamb was as tough as old boots.

Place was absolutely rammed though so they must be doing something right. Maybe mine was just a one off?

Yeah, that's the first bad review I've heard tbh. Every time I've been, and everyone I know that's been has loved it.

Yeah, that's the first bad review I've heard tbh. Every time I've been, and everyone I know that's been has loved it.

That's the only reason that I've not written it off and I will give it another go....but man that lamb was tough. Also for a sauce that has ghost chillies in it, it was surprisingly mild.

• Backroom

That's the only reason that I've not written it off and I will give it another go....but man that lamb was tough. Also for a sauce that has ghost chillies in it, it was surprisingly mild.

I once had a nibble on a naga (oo-err) and couldn't feel my mouth til lunchtime 2 days later :/

I once had a nibble on a naga (oo-err) and couldn't feel my mouth til lunchtime 2 days later :/

I bought a couple of Uganda'n naga chillies once to try in a chillie. I used them sparingly (and was mighty careful with my hands) but I found too much heat and not enough chillie taste I was left with the impression that I'd rather use 3 or 4 birds eye chillies or similar.

Incidentally as a useful guide I heard recently that the 'wrinklier' the chillie the hotter it is.

Anyone been to Bukhara's in Samlesbury?

I have been a few times with Asian guys at work and its always awesome food!

Unfortunately its a no beer establishment but dont let that put you off...

If you call them a few days before going they will marinate a whole leg of lamb for your party to share at, its brilliant!

Served with a spicy gravy etc it really is top...

http://www.bukharasamlesbury.co.uk

If you call them a few days before going they will marinate a whole leg of lamb for your party to share at, its brilliant!

It never does. Easily sorted ...Just go an hour earlier than normal and have a few bevvies in the local later.

However I take it you haven't read the entire thread?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead

Just been having a google, but can't get much conclusive on this.

Has anyone any recommendations for a restaurant in the centre of Manchester? (Broad question I know!!).

Meeting up with an old mate for some beers after the Charlton game, then going out with the other half for a meal- I liked the look of 'Grill on The Alley', but not so much the prices!! Bem Brasil looks good, but seemed a bit too 'all you can eat' for me.

Bem Brasil - not your normal EAMAYL...top class

Chaophrya

Cafe Istanbul

All three are top notch and reasonably priced.

It's a dirty shithole with lack of hygiene

Edited by Sparky Marky

Bem Brasil - not your normal EAMAYL...top class

Chaophrya

Cafe Istanbul

All three are top notch and reasonably priced.

It's a dirty shithole with lack of hygiene

5* Hygeine ratings. Enough said. Cheerio.

Oh and if you do continue to spout such lies. I have very good solicitors. Your call.

Edited by Blue n White Rover

Yeah...just further up the post about nice places to eat. ..

I'm just going off what the environmental health said. ..don't shoot the messenger

5* Hygeine ratings. Enough said. Cheerio.

Oh and if you do continue to spout such lies. I have very good solicitors. Your call.

Don't ever threaten me.

Just been having a google, but can't get much conclusive on this.

Has anyone any recommendations for a restaurant in the centre of Manchester? (Broad question I know!!).

Meeting up with an old mate for some beers after the Charlton game, then going out with the other half for a meal- I liked the look of 'Grill on The Alley', but not so much the prices!! Bem Brasil looks good, but seemed a bit too 'all you can eat' for me.

Zouk off Oxford Road. Try the special sea food curry.