BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quoted for Truth

Some of the newspapers last year in their season reviews had them down for breaking into the top 4 this year.

If Spurs sign the players they are currently chasing they will be strong. There was NO reason for that optimism a year ago.

Cousin is supposed to heading to England isn't he? Is that to Fulham?

Not that I know of course but it would make sense as they have bid for him before and Mcbride has left. I have watched him in a couple of games and he doesn't look that special - dont know what they see in him. Think I would rather Shefki Kuqi than him :lol:

Not that I know of course but it would make sense as they have bid for him before and Mcbride has left. I have watched him in a couple of games and he doesn't look that special - dont know what they see in him. Think I would rather Shefki Kuqi than him :lol:

Kuqi is my hero. Loved seeing an overweight forward running full pelt at Kasper Schmeichel, should have seen Schmeichels face.

On Cousin hope we don't sign him as he isn't good enough and his agent Willie Mackay epitomizes everything wrong with the game and after seeing McLegend leave buying Cousin would be plain wrong.

Kuqi is my hero. Loved seeing an overweight forward running full pelt at Kasper Schmeichel, should have seen Schmeichels face.

On Cousin hope we don't sign him as he isn't good enough and his agent Willie Mackay epitomizes everything wrong with the game and after seeing McLegend leave buying Cousin would be plain wrong.

That would be the same Willie McKay who brought you Kamara who scored the goals that started your revival?

Nicko,why are we even discussing Cousin?it really worries me,when we start getting desperate about signing any Tom,Dick and Harry out there.Those are not the type of calibre players we need to be looking at.we really need some quality coming into the squad.

That would be the same Willie McKay who brought you Kamara who scored the goals that started your revival?

Aye it would be, have met McKay don't like him. And Kamara only started scoring after Roy came in.

Nicko,why are we even discussing Cousin?it really worries me,when we start getting desperate about signing any Tom,Dick and Harry out there.Those are not the type of calibre players we need to be looking at.we really need some quality coming into the squad.

Unless I've missed something vital they're discussing Cousin as a possible Fulham signing.

dont Fulham have a message board :lol:

Other fans are welcome here and FFan has been hanging round for a while now. Anyway, we know who to talk to about the Fulham previews next season dont we.

Eddie Posted Today, 12:41

Some of us like keeping an eye on the entire league. I find teams that we play against become fairly important when the games start coming.

Also, what he said :rolleyes:

nicko-is it true about andre ooijer wanting to move??

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11676_3623903,00.html

is there a reason why rio ferdinand is still in the england squad and others arent??

Ooijer's quotes are old. His circumstances may change, so I wouldn't worry about him bleating at the moment. It's not a priority.

Rio is part-Caribbean, so they want him to promote England in the visit. Don't ask me why...

I was just suggesting looking at it with a different perspective- in a hypothetical choice between Hughes and Mancini for the Rovers job I would imagine a lot of people would plump for Hughes.

The other different end of the telescope problem we have and this is admittedly only from talking to a highly unscientific sample of one Maltese Chelsea supporter but he wants Hughes because the Rovers game he remembers is last season's FA Cup semi-final.

The Rovers not only gave Chelsea a huge fright (and he reckons Chelsea were very very lucky to get to the new Wembley) but played the sort of vibrant committed attacking football he wants to see Chelsea play.

With regards to Barry leaving Villa, it all depends on what Lerner wants to do. Jack Walker made sure Alan Shearer never joined Man U and Lerner certainly has the financial muscle to make sure Barry doesn't join the club Lerner is trying to replace in 4th place in the EPL. Liverpool on the otherhand are totally in hock to the Royal Bank of Scotland with Hicks and Gillett hardly in a position to withstand a much bigger bully who finds their pressure points- a ruthless and unsporting Forbes-listed billionaire would probably find a way of making sure a Liverpool bid for Barry did not materialise.

His head has been spun it looks like. I hold out a hope he'll stay, but it's clear to the whole world that his been tapped up to ###### yet we haven't complained, our fans have been bombarding our director who posts on one of our forums to complain about them. It's just been @#/? really, every day we see a new person, even obscure people from Barrys past, urging him to move on to Liverpool, as though his career falls apart if he stays at the club that made him. I am not surprised that Barry and Bentley are considering their futures, they go on England duty and are better than a lot of the players with all the winners medals.....look at Barry for England compared to Frank Lampard, look at Lamps trophy cabinet, I can understand him wanting some of that to be honest.

Doesn't make it any less disappointing mind, hope MON and Lerner do the business in the meeting next week. Only one thing will make him stay and it's good signing which can make us challenge pool. Will MON do those kind of big signings? I'm yet to be convinced....

Just seen the Barry interview on SSN.

I'm now in your boat, bye bye Barry and Bentley.

What did he say Tom, he got billy big timitis too now?

Can anybody else see Scholari turning down Chelsea, I can.

I keep speaking to people about this (non Rovers fans), and the replies are always the same (from their perspective).

Hughes has not done enough yet to be given the Chelsea job. There are much more higher profile managers potentially available, albeit some of them have not managed in the Premiership yet.

Anyway, this is doing my head in at the moment, and putting me off my work....

What did he say Tom, he got billy big timitis too now?

Not really. The guy interviewing him was hounding and hounding him about it. He just said, no fee had been agreed and so he is a villa player. The reporter then says "so if a fee is agreed then you will be at Liverpool" he just said again that he had 2 years left and he was a villa player.

So, you could tell he wants out but wasn't really shouting it from the roof tops

Archived