BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Where Are They Now?

I love the fact that there is just a picture of a City shirt with Santa Cruz's name and number on. The caption is brilliant - I couldn't find footage of Santa Cruz playing.

It shows how astute Sam has been in the transfer window, getting rid of players just at the right time.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the wrap-up of the Coca Cola from last weekend and saw Joe Garner, Martin Taylor, Shefki Kuqi and Callum Davidson all scoring with Robbie Savage supplying an assist.

Ince went AWOL for the MK home game by the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Seen this week that a few ex Rovers kids have been released by clubs.

Andreas Arestidou, Jake Simpson and Graham Coughlan have all been released by Shrewsbury. Whilst Tony Kane has been released by Carlisle. Jonathan Bateson was also released by Bradford.

Andreas Arestidou, Jake Simpson and Graham Coughlan have all been released by Shrewsbury. Whilst Tony Kane has been released by Carlisle. Jonathan Bateson was also released by Bradford.

Just goes to show it is a fine line between making it and not. But for all these players who do not make it, there is hopefully one, like Jones who come through and make a proper impact.

btw surely Graham Coughlan has retired!! He wasn't that young when we were winning the league.

...and Kane was one of our brighter prospects if I recall. Bit sad.

• 4 weeks later...

Am unsuprised about Short becoming a manager - even prior to his stint in Hungary. Managed to speak with him at a reserve game late on in his rovers carear and he seemed the management type - level headed, clued up and able to convey his thoughts.

Dickov's a shock to be honest. He knows those leagues like the back of his hand but you can hardly say he has the right temperment to management. He'll be sent to the stand every other game - for disputing minor things like throw ins no doubt. Can't see him making it, especially as Oldham isn't an easy job.

• 2 weeks later...

Am unsuprised about Short becoming a manager - even prior to his stint in Hungary. Managed to speak with him at a reserve game late on in his rovers carear and he seemed the management type - level headed, clued up and able to convey his thoughts.

Dickov's a shock to be honest. He knows those leagues like the back of his hand but you can hardly say he has the right temperment to management. He'll be sent to the stand every other game - for disputing minor things like throw ins no doubt. Can't see him making it, especially as Oldham isn't an easy job.

I totally agree....Mark Hughes would never make it as a manager either because of his temperment. Hope he doesn't attempt it.

I totally agree....Mark Hughes would never make it as a manager either because of his temperment. Hope he doesn't attempt it.

I don't know, Hughes might do ok if he picks the right club. Perhaps he could do ok <_<

Not saying it's a foolproof rule or anything, but I do think that a player's character can be one good indicator of whether or not they'd be a good manager. Hughes had a more controlled aggression to me, and Souness wasn't a bad manager either. I guess with them they seemed a lot more focussed in their aggression than say Dickov, who complains over every foul, throw in and contact with a defender. Do you really think he'll be a success?

Ince was another one who didn't seem to have the right temperment (very easy to say in hindsight). His West Ham / United kit botch, the way he banged on about manure when he returned from Inter to Liverpool suggests there isn't that maturity with which to deal with situations. Sure people can change, and can suprise you, but I think stuff like this can help.

• 3 months later...

Was watching some progrom on espn (I think) and they had Ashley Ward on there and is a property developer and his house is quite often used as a show house and looked impressive/expensive million plus I would say!!.

He also has several current/ex prem players as clients.

David Bentley was last spotted playing for spurs reserves (again) well at least you got your move to a bigger club David and secured you place as an England regular......

I Played footie a couple of months ago with Chris Sulley and against Kevin Gallagher at Ewood Park.

Had I not been working last Friday night I would have got along to Hindmarsh Stadium to watch Andy Todd, Robbie Fowler and their Perth Glory teamates succumb to the mighty Adelaide United who now sit proudly on top of the A League. :)

What's the odds on a training ground "incident" between those two?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

We actually won a cup final, nothing for 2nd best shipmate.

Good move for him to Italy though, Big Sam should have signed Zigic and not Kalinic due to his long ball philosophy.

Hmmm I'm out by a few months. Someone so pedantic must be Gordon ☺

• Like 1

You just didn't make the point very well so you call me Gordon, is this the way it is on herE? if someone disagree with the regular its insults?

Click click shipmates.

Why is calling you Gordon an insult? He's an alright fella to be honest. Before the takeover he warned us about what was going to happen when we sold to the Venkys and he was right.