BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Where Are They Now?

• 1 month later...

Vinjay wants everyone to know he's pestered Richard Matthewman so much on twitter that he's eventually bitten: @Vinjay01 @Tom32156Phil @MatthewmanRich you're so thick it's unbelievable

• Backroom

Vinjay wants everyone to know he's pestered Richard Matthewman so much on twitter that he's eventually bitten: @Vinjay01 @Tom32156Phil @MatthewmanRich you're so thick it's unbelievable

Well that's hardly damning

• 2 years later...
  • Backroom

Some of our boys from the 2014/2015/2016 era...

Matt Kilgallon - left on a free transfer to join Bradford in League 1. Was their player of the season in the 17/18 season. Contract then cancelled by mutual consent and now he plays for Hamilton Academical in the Scottish Prem.

Lee Williamson - left on a free transfer to join Burton, who were in the Championship at the time. Made 14 appearances with 8 starts. Released at the end of the season with Burton having stayed up whilst we got relegated. Most recently assistant manager of Belper Town, but was sacked in April 2018.

Chris Taylor - left on a free transfer to join Bolton. Made 16 appearances in two years, but only 3 starts. Was loaned to Oldham between Jan-May 17. Released by Bolton at the end of the 17/18 season, currently playing for Blackpool.

Reg - loaned to Ipswich, then joined them on a permanent in December 2015 after rupturing his achilles tendon in the playoff semi-final in May 2015. Overall scored 5 goals in 56 appearances for Ipswich. Contract was cancelled in January 2017 and he joined Burton. Scored one goal in 33 appearances before being relegated with Burton in the 17/18 season. Released and now plays for Cheltenham Town in League Two.

Josh Morris - left on a free transfer to join Bradford. Only stayed for one season, making 13 appearances and scoring once. Released at the end of the 15-16 season and then joined Scunthorpe, where he's become one of their better players. He's scored 34 league goals in 103 appearances (with 101 starts).

Leon Best - career gone right into the toilet, to the surprise of no one. After we released him he spent most of the 15-16 season at Rotherham, scoring 4 goals in 16 appearances. Rotherham decided against extending his contract. He joined Ipswich with a lot of fanfare but as usual screwed it up, and after a particularly shit display in Jan 17 against non-league Lincoln City Mick McCarthy said Best would never play for the club again. And he didn't. Released at the end of the season. Signed a two month deal with Charlton but after 5 appearances and no goals he picked up a serious knee injury and is currently available on a free transfer.

Sacha Petshi - remember him? No, me either. Now playing with Creteil in the lower leagues of France.

Bengali-Fode Koita - ah, that one time he hit the post... memories. Has been playing in Turkey for Kasimpasa since 2016. Wiki claims 6 goals in 42 appearances but no idea how up to date those stats are.

Jake Kean - surprisingly joined Norwich in the PL after being released by Rovers. Made no first team appearances and cancelled his contract a year early in May 2016. Joined Sheffield Wednesday, made no first team appearances. During his time at Norwich & Sheff Weds was loaned out to Colchester, Swindon, Mansfield and Grimsby. Only made regular appearances for Mansfield, who he signed for on a short term deal in December 2018, having been available on a free since August 2018. Since August 2015 Jake has made 28 first team appearances at all clubs. Somehow he was in nets 37 times for Rovers. Amazing.

Danny Guthrie -  played briefly for Oakengates Athletic in the Shropshire Premier League (seriously, wtf) before joining Indonesian Liga team Mitra Kukar in Jan 18. I think he's still there.

Nathan Delfouneso - played a season for Swindon in League 1. Scored one goal in 18 appearances. Currently plays for Blackpool, scored 19 goals in 80 appearances.

(No) Hope Akpan - helped Burton get relegated in the 17/18 season. Joined Bradford where he remains today.

Simon Eastwood - signed for Oxford United and won their players' player of the season and supporters' player of the season for the 16/17 season. Has made 106 apperances for Oxford in two and a half years. Seems to have done better for himself than Jake Kean, although I'm guessing Kean earned more during his time at Norwich & Sheff Weds?

Tommy Spurr - signed on a free for Preston after we released him. Has made 23 appearances since July 16 and had injury problems. Currently on loan to Fleetwood.

Chris "Browny" Brown - joined bury on a free in August 16 but didn't make a first team appearance. Had injury and fitness issues. Scored the same amount of goals for Bury with 0 appearances as he did for Rovers with 37.

• Like 3

Didnt know where to put this but this thread seems to be a good fit:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11600697/watch-jason-mcateer-kicks-michael-I have been stopped from posting this by moderators.-after-star-sixes-clash

Warning: Hated ex manager alert.

Edit: Haha, ironically, the edited moderated link will give some clues to who it is.

Edited by JacknOry
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Conway lives near me I see him most mornings on the school run

Whittingham lived near me, not seen him for a bit ?

Hanley & Henley lived near me, my lad regularly kicked about with them when they were out walking Hanleys dog...

Delphonso lives near me and I see him every now and then have a natter about rovers and Blackpool 

Buckshaw

• Like 2