BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

Just a couple of things...

1 -scrub the facebook - my daughter is killing me

2 - and lift the ban on the other guy - he makes me look good.

This story may/may not appear in the morning. But as an act of goodwill you can have it now.

Any questions, fire away.

Blackburn Rovers plan to go ahead and name Paul Ince as their new boss - despite opposition from major clubs but with the backing of the Premier League. Rovers have identified Ince as the manager they want and chairman John Williams will go ahead and give him the job although there is concern among some rival supremos about his lack of coaching bages. Williams went to the Premier League to sound them out about Ince and top-level calls were made to chairmen yesterday to listen to their views. I understand that some top clubs think the rules have been flaunted, but Rovers are not expected to be stopped from appointing the MK Dons manager. The Premier League;s top officials are basically supporting the plan. They will order Ince to get a qualified assistant and enrol on a coaching course and that should be good enough for the rule-makers. Ironically Blackburn could have been banned from European competition because of the problem but Rovers missed out on the UEFA Cup, so he will face that problem in a year. Ince has been to see an FA of Wales coaching course in the past few days but will now start to climb the ladder, although he had shown little interest in the past. The former England star was on a managerial course, organised by the League Managers Association, at Warwick University but he did not attend all of the classes or do the assessments. However the Premier League are not on strong ground to oppose the appointment. They allowed Glenn Roeder to become manager at Newcastle United and Middlesbrough stared them down over Gareth Southgate. It is different for Rovers as Ince those two were already in employment. They will simply give Ince the job and then seek special dispensation. However one chairman revealed: "There has been a ring-round but there will be no vote. It is a breach of rules, so it will have to be approved.

I left any reference to Laudrup out. Surprised they sneaked that visit under the radar - congratulations all round - and also surprised he seems to have been overlooked.

Even more surprised that Rovers backed away from Ten Cate because of a potential row when they are now taking on the Premier League.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just a couple of things...

1 -scrub the facebook - my daughter is killing me

2 - and lift the ban on the other guy - he makes me look good.

This story may/may not appear in the morning. But as an act of goodwill you can have it now.

Any questions, fire away.

Blackburn Rovers plan to go ahead and name Paul Ince as their new boss - despite opposition from major clubs but with the backing of the Premier League. Rovers have identified Ince as the manager they want and chairman John Williams will go ahead and give him the job although there is concern among some rival supremos about his lack of coaching bages. Williams went to the Premier League to sound them out about Ince and top-level calls were made to chairmen yesterday to listen to their views. I understand that some top clubs think the rules have been flaunted, but Rovers are not expected to be stopped from appointing the MK Dons manager. The Premier League;s top officials are basically supporting the plan. They will order Ince to get a qualified assistant and enrol on a coaching course and that should be good enough for the rule-makers. Ironically Blackburn could have been banned from European competition because of the problem but Rovers missed out on the UEFA Cup, so he will face that problem in a year. Ince has been to see an FA of Wales coaching course in the past few days but will now start to climb the ladder, although he had shown little interest in the past. The former England star was on a managerial course, organised by the League Managers Association, at Warwick University but he did not attend all of the classes or do the assessments. However the Premier League are not on strong ground to oppose the appointment. They allowed Glenn Roeder to become manager at Newcastle United and Middlesbrough stared them down over Gareth Southgate. It is different for Rovers as Ince those two were already in employment. They will simply give Ince the job and then seek special dispensation. However one chairman revealed: "There has been a ring-round but there will be no vote. It is a breach of rules, so it will have to be approved.

I left any reference to Laudrup out. Surprised they sneaked that visit under the radar - congratulations all round - and also surprised he seems to have been overlooked.

Even more surprised that Rovers backed away from Ten Cate because of a potential row when they are now taking on the Premier League.

I knew you wouldn't leave us and our unquenchable need for gossip

To be fair to the club they have spoken to these guys - well most of them - and come out with the feeling that Ince is the best available.

He must interview well and probably reminds them of Mark Hughes.

It is a hard call, we are all experts on the outside - someone has to make the decision.

I don't know who he would be asked to bring in, there will be some political moves as well to smoothe this through.

However it smells a bit and I don't like the behind-the-scenes deals that get done. But if he proves a success it will soon be forgotten.

I think there will be a couple of days before it's all pushed through.

Although, as someone once said, there could be a few twists yet. ;)

PS - jnrscoop, get to your bed.

Nicko, you think its a no go definitely for Laudrup?

Well, John Williams met him on Tuesday and started the ball rolling for Ince on Wednesday.

I know it is a delicate one - because of the coaching badges or lack of - so they have to keep it low-key just now.

But there is lobbying going on behind the scenes.

As if we didn't notice...

Thanks Nicko

Do we know if Ray Mathias has the required qualifications?

I would think he should have...he's been around for long enough. A good guy, did well for Tranmere and Wigan. And I'm being seirous there.

On Ince's qualifications problem - I have to say I am surprised he could not even see through the League Managers course at Warwick. It sounds like he feels he doesn't need it.

So he is either brilliant or bolshie. Only time will tell.

Nicko, do you personally have any idea why the board delayed announcing the manager until Monday? Could it have to do with Laudrup? or is it just dispensation issues?

If Laudrup is COMMITTED and interested and wouldnt jump ship the first time a club comes calling unless its Barcelona or Real Madrid, then we should go for him...

I can dream only that JW thinks the same...Come on Michael!

To be fair to the club they have spoken to these guys - well most of them - and come out with the feeling that Ince is the best available.

He must interview well and probably reminds them of Mark Hughes.

It is a hard call, we are all experts on the outside - someone has to make the decision.

I don't know who he would be asked to bring in, there will be some political moves as well to smoothe this through.

However it smells a bit and I don't like the behind-the-scenes deals that get done. But if he proves a success it will soon be forgotten.

I think there will be a couple of days before it's all pushed through.

Although, as someone once said, there could be a few twists yet. ;)

PS - jnrscoop, get to your bed.

good to see u bck nicko, just one question im a little worried about whether he like mark hughes can see where a good transfer deal, how do u think he would do in the transfer market, also how much will he get to spend will it be 15million or some taken out of this due to compensation needed to be piad to Mkdons, also does he still hv good links with inter, taking a few upcoming prmosing youngsters or players tht would be go straight into the first team would be nice. once again its ben a long day with out u nicko :P

If Laudrup is COMMITTED and interested and wouldnt jump ship the first time a club comes calling unless its Barcelona or Real Madrid, then we should go for him...

I can dream only that JW thinks the same...Come on Michael!

Even if he does go when a bigger club comes calling, I'd still much rather sign Laudrup. You think Hughes was bad for the club? Or that Ince wouldnt jump ship if a bigger club came in?

when managers such as henk ten cate(reported by nicko), and laudrup(reported by sky sports) are shown to have made an interest in the job, why aren't rovers going all out to get either of these guys??

Maybe because John Williams thought that Ince would be a better fit as a manager for our club, and he thought he could work with him. If he thinks he can work with Ince but couldn't with Ten Cate or Laudrup whats the point of appointing either of these candidates.

PS welcome back Nicko

Archived