BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blackburn Rovers plan to go ahead and name Paul Ince as their new boss - despite opposition from major clubs but with the backing of the Premier League. Rovers have identified Ince as the manager they want and chairman John Williams will go ahead and give him the job although there is concern among some rival supremos about his lack of coaching bages. Williams went to the Premier League to sound them out about Ince and top-level calls were made to chairmen yesterday to listen to their views. I understand that some top clubs think the rules have been flaunted, but Rovers are not expected to be stopped from appointing the MK Dons manager. The Premier League;s top officials are basically supporting the plan. They will order Ince to get a qualified assistant and enrol on a coaching course and that should be good enough for the rule-makers. Ironically Blackburn could have been banned from European competition because of the problem but Rovers missed out on the UEFA Cup, so he will face that problem in a year. Ince has been to see an FA of Wales coaching course in the past few days but will now start to climb the ladder, although he had shown little interest in the past. The former England star was on a managerial course, organised by the League Managers Association, at Warwick University but he did not attend all of the classes or do the assessments. However the Premier League are not on strong ground to oppose the appointment. They allowed Glenn Roeder to become manager at Newcastle United and Middlesbrough stared them down over Gareth Southgate. It is different for Rovers as Ince those two were already in employment. They will simply give Ince the job and then seek special dispensation. However one chairman revealed: "There has been a ring-round but there will be no vote. It is a breach of rules, so it will have to be approved.

I've already stated that Roeder received special dispensation cos he was suffering a brain tumour the year before his appointment and that the FA had plundered Boro's manager so they needed to pour oil on troubled waters with Boro. BUT what happens if he fails to pass the exam? I'm sure that being for footballers it'll be p1ss simple BUT on the off chance that they don't photocopy him some dodgy certificate can we (Please don't use that word again)kkk him off with no compensation? Please?

Thank God that Ronaldo is leaving. Good riddance to a money grabbing pooper hole.

Well that's what SSN are saying at this moment although they also say Ronaldo will come out and say what he is doing in the next 48 hours, it seems strange as he has already told a reporter he wants to leave

Well that's what SSN are saying at this moment although they also say Ronaldo will come out and say what he is doing in the next 48 hours, it seems strange as he has already told a reporter he wants to leave

Guilleme Ballague is the only reporter the do have that doesn't rob their information from this thread so I believe it.

Ronaldo is a idiot, so self obsorbed. I mean his country is knocked out yet he talks about himself lol.

I've already stated that Roeder received special dispensation cos he was suffering a brain tumour the year before his appointment and that the FA had plundered Boro's manager so they needed to pour oil on troubled waters with Boro. BUT what happens if he fails to pass the exam? I'm sure that being for footballers it'll be p1ss simple BUT on the off chance that they don't photocopy him some dodgy certificate can we (Please don't use that word again)kkk him off with no compensation? Please?

I didnt think there was an exam as such...more a case of just attending the course to pass.

Nicko, good to have you back mate! I think a lot of us were going through withdrawal without you feeding us the latest crack. ;)

I found it interesting how big of deal the media have made of Rovers intention to hire a British manager. Was that something on JW's checklist? I'm just trying to think of any advantages that Ince could have over Laudrup...he's English, knows the Prem...umm is that it?

Torn, Laudrup or Ince. Mmmm edging Ince cos I think he will be a little thriftier, buit Laudrup is certainly the big name. Unless he camoe over as total crass in his interview, it's a tuogh call for JW.

Oh and Coyley's mate, welcome back. I can put the rope away now??

Thank God that Ronaldo is leaving. Good riddance to a money grabbing pooper hole.

Sorry to see the current hottest property in world football leave the EPL.

Happy to see Man U getting a tast of its own medicine - what goes around comes around.

Interested to see if he does go (I'll be surprised if it's this summer) who Man U will spend its unexpected largesse on...could up the Bentley bidding ante?

1) Man U are playing a waiting game on this one at the moment whilst obviously letting the press campaign run to deflect all criticism onto the player and Real Madrid.

2) This is a test of the Glazer ownership- selling Ronaldo could be the same point in the Man U curve that selling Rio was for Leeds.

3) If Abramovich really wants a money-no-object megastar on his books, unlike Kaka, Ronaldo is making a move. He could blow Real out of the water if he wanted to and no doubt is waiting for Real to be granted formal rights to talk before making his move.

4) The last player who moved out of Man U when they didn't want him to leave wanted to go to Liverpool but the Mancs forced him to Real. I wonder if the reverse might apply even though Chelsea are the closest rivals in the EPL at the moment?

Torn, Laudrup or Ince. Mmmm edging Ince cos I think he will be a little thriftier, buit Laudrup is certainly the big name. Unless he camoe over as total crass in his interview, it's a tuogh call for JW.

Oh and Coyley's mate, welcome back. I can put the rope away now??

Surely its a 'no brainer' Laudrup has far more about him than Ince has, just looking at Laudrups short managerial career blows Inces, MK Dons, Macc lads experience out of the water.

Laudrup, MICHAEL LAUDRUP wants to manage ROVERS!

please make this happen. i feel very strange right now thinking we might not haven this legend at our club in favour of someone who doesnt really seem to like us

If nothing else is achieved by this management selection process, the fact we have Michael Laudrup's people going publicly to the press to argue for Laudrup's candidacy for the Rovers' job will shut everybody up who was laughing about the candidates for our Manager's job.

I massively prefer Laudrup over Ince but as I wrote yesterday, whichever of the two gets it has beaten an extraordinarily strong adversary.

In John Williams I trust.

If nothing else is achieved by this management selection process, the fact we have Michael Laudrup's people going publicly to the press to argue for Laudrup's candidacy for the Rovers' job will shut everybody up who was laughing about the candidates for our Manager's job.

What about all the positives from Laudrup and his agent. Both about the club, the history of the club and JW.

I think this is awesome PR.

Laudrup in the frame

Quote: "In 20 years of working in football I have not come across a chairman as impressive as John Williams," said Bayram Tutumlu, Laudrup's agent. "He spoke to Michael about the history of the club and of the potential for the future. He was not sure about Blackburn before the meeting, but he is now thinking very seriously about this club."

So is this perhaps being delayed because we are waiting on an answer from Mickey Laudrup?

I think that might be the reason, but also the Ince's coaching badges?

Or maybe they are having second or third round interviews with both of them.

Archived