BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos (newer) Thread

thats a big RISK, how do u not know that Bentley could have an awful season next season and still want to move away from Rovers, i doubt we will get £15 million then.

But he's got to get himself into the England squad ASAP, so he'll have to produce the goods on ther pitch, regardless of whether he wants to be at Rovers or not.

If he does do that and can make himself an England regular then he'll be easily worth £15m, perhaps more, even considering he's down to just 2 years on his contract.

Like alot of others have said, he can stew until someone comes up with an acceptable offer that allows us to replace and rebuild. Until then, he can keep his head down and get on with it. If he doesn't like the attention / flak he'll get, then tough. Perhaps he should have kept his gob shut a few weeks ago.

That said, I'd prefer it if he could be convinced to stay.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you know we'd get 15 million now?

Has anyone bid yet? No.

No-one's even expressed an interest yet, you're plucking a figure out of the sky.

If we grant his request we're caving in and we'll not get offered 15 mill anyways.

Think about it.

15 million is the figure that Rovers want for Bentley according to reports. I am upset just like other fans that Bentley wants away, but you can't knock the lad for wanting to further his career and try and move to a top 4 club who can offer champions league football and winning major trophies, which sadly Rovers can not offer.

15 million is the figure that Rovers want for Bentley according to reports. I am upset just like other fans that Bentley wants away, but you can't knock the lad for wanting to further his career and try and move to a top 4 club who can offer champions league football and winning major trophies, which sadly Rovers can not offer.
Is that you David? :closedeyes:

I don't think that many fans would mind that, however disappointing it'd seem.

The top 4 aren't really interested, though, from what we can gather (except maybe Liverpool, who are the least likely to be able to put the cash together) and although they are well capable of spending more money than Rovers, I don't see Villa, Everton or Spurs breaking into the top 4 anytime soon.

So where will he get his CL football from?

De Ridder signs for Wigan, would have been a good signing for us.

He doesn't seem to have made an impact at Birmingham at all. If he was worth his money i would have thought he would have been pushing for that first team spot.

Bruce goes back for another of his birmingham crew.

"According to reports".

So, just 'paper talk, then.

at the end of the day if a player wants to leave the club you can not afford to hang on to them and let them rot and maybe loose out on an awful lot of money. look what is brewing up Man Utd and Arsenal FFS, if they can't keep hold of their star players then what chance have Rovers doing the same.

at the end of the day if a player wants to leave the club you can not afford to hang on to them and let them rot and maybe loose out on an awful lot of money. look what is brewing up Man Utd and Arsenal FFS, if they can't keep hold of their star players then what chance have Rovers doing the same.

No you can't which is why the management and board have to do their jobs properly, in that they have to make the best decisions for the club. Their job is not to help David Bentley get what he wants but to improve rovers, enable them to compete, finish as high up the league as possible and try to win every cup they enter. If that means selling Bentley then so be it. If it means keeping him then I'd back that too.

i live near David
Have a word then ;)

I agree with your point further up - We shouldn't let him rot and lose lots of money over this, and we won't provided a fair offer is made.

However, no one is showing an interest - A point which is clarified even further by his need to show his face in the press "stirring up interest".

You have to bear in mind that Bentley isn't the only party in all this that wants to further his career, and better himself. Rovers as a club also want to do this and progress up the division. I have my arguement about ambition, that is "true" footballing ambition is the desire to drive an entire club further up the food chain, not to adopt an "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" stance.

"Standing in the way" of Bentley is an attitude symptomatic of actually being a professional footballer. If anything, his comments with such a length of time remaining on his contract are standing in the way of our ambitions as a club. Only one party is out of order in this "I want to play somewhere else" arguement.

Quick question.

How can Norwich City FC be valued at £53 million pounds, where as our club is valued at £40-£45 million?

Maybe it includes the clubs debts? Their debt might be a fair deal higher than ours. Or a bigger place with greater potential for revenue as the previous poster said.

Quick question.

How can Norwich City FC be valued at £53 million pounds, where as our club is valued at £40-£45 million?

Was that figure not including £20 million transfer budget - that was my understanding.

Was that figure not including £20 million transfer budget - that was my understanding.

It does according to the BBC, but it also seems to say it is only for a majority shareholding and not the entire club. :wacko:

It does according to the BBC, but it also seems to say it is only for a majority shareholding and not the entire club. :wacko:

Because outside of the sky income, rovers seem totally inept at making any decent commercial revenue.

They missed the boat when we were premier league champions and should have been extending the brand far beyond the locality.

should have been extending the brand far beyond the locality.

We should have looked far beyond the locality. Blackburn and Darwen is about 120,000 people isn't it?

Shame but it just wasn't meant to be. Still at least we can get tickets to go and see our team.

I live in Norwich, its a bit bigger than Blackburn.

Also Carrow Road is a sell out just about every week, with a huge number of season ticket holders.

Since Norwich is the only biggish club in Norfolk the fan base is huge compared to ours due to Blackburns proximity to other similar sized and "larger" clubs. Whether or not this should have a bearing on the price of the club, who knows, I would assume it is a factor. But then you would assume the fact that we are a top 10 Premiership club would be a factor too!

Nicko, have Rovers made enquiries about ANY players as yet as far as you know?

Do you know whats happening at Ewood at the moment... All seems frighteningly silent considering the squad is due back in 6 days...

All the Ewood related news seems very negative at the moment...

Archived