BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really not sure. They say it's a big step up from the Championship to the Premiership, in playing terms, and it does worry me a bit that we've plucked Ince from League Two. He has the attributes to be a success, in terms of his leadership qualities and the results he's achieved so far in his managerial career, but there are question marks over his attitude and how he'll deal with the transfer market. Only time will tell I guess.

Should work out OK.

Not my first choice, but I think he should do well for us. I certainly think he brings the right mental attitude and winning mentality to the job. As far as tactics, man management, transfers...it's a bit of a wait and see job.

Den, no offence, but the polls on this messageboard are getting more and more absurd Why so many options?

- He'll be a success

- He'll be a failure

- Not sure

Is all you need.

I've voted that I feel positive about this one. I admit to not knowing much about Ince the man or Ince the manager. However, he has achieved success with MK Dons and previously did a good job at Macclesfield and on the bits and pieces I've heard about his achievements, I have a good feeling that he'll be the right man.

Bring on the Ince era.

Den, no offence, but the polls on this messageboard are getting more and more absurd Why so many options?

- He'll be a success

- He'll be a failure

- Not sure

Is all you need.

Thanks Rover6, but when I've done polls with simple options, people complain the the options don't reflect how they feel.

Haven't posted much lately, but I've been reading the boards to keep up nonetheless.

Ince certainly isn't my first choice -- but to be honest, neither was Sparky, and that turned out alright. The board obviously feel that Ince has all the qualities that make a good manager even if he's a little light on experience at the moment. And given the success they've had in their previous appointments, I'm more than willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Think people forget his links from his successful spell at Inter- they loved him there!

Hard to show any real pedigree in the transfer market when you are managing on nearly zero budget in League 2.

I'm excited really, sure he can't wait to get down to work back in the top league, where he belongs - all in all, I'm sure it will work out!

On the options Den, I think the specific and varied ones are a much better approach than the yay or nay; so good work.

On Ince, I'm not sure if I'm overly enthusiastic at this point, but I am hoping to see him bring new faces and looking forward to this attacking football he's known for playing. Not thrilled but ready to get behind him!

Voted not sure but only time will tell.

As appears with many,not my first choice but I'm sure he will get all the support he needs on and off the field.

I now want to hear what he thinks is the way forward for Rovers and what plans he has....................

Archived