BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

No.

A week ago Fowler was brought to the club and there was an outcry. It 'looked' wrong, but I pointed out that there were other deals going on that would have to be sorted first.

Fowler HAD to be brought in before everyone else because he needed to come for training.

THAT was just a matter of timing.

Fowler also happened at a time when Brad and Bentley were at the centre of bidding battles, so things looked a bit bleak.

Now - with the names of targets coming out and deals being done - everything looks better...and no-one is bothered about the Fowler thing any more.

It's a funny old game.

The same applies to Andrews. If you get two or three shiny new signings it won't mean a slaughtering if an MK Dons player arrives as part of the whole package.

Our midfield looks very crowded!any idea if reid, dunn, mokoena etc are subject to any bids?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nicko, you right it seems chimbonda is off to sunderland, how much will spurs recieve for him alone

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3837619,00.html

Something like £4 million...and big wages.

Sunderland going mad to land players just now.

Not sure how many of the Gang of Four actually made it to Sunderland this morning...only one other by the sounds of it.

Roy Keane won't be too happy.

Chimbonda really lost it at Spurs, given how highly-rated he was at Wigan. 4 mill is way too high if you ask me. Questionable attitude as well now.

Chimbonda was the best right back in the Premier League when he signed...I would take him in a minute.

Chimbonda was the best right back in the Premier League when he signed...I would take him in a minute.

Abilitywise he's a good 'un Nicko but his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Not so happy about Spurs apparently losing both Keane and Berbatov, Santa Cruz must come into their reckoning if that happens. I see Hull are looking at Olofinjani from Wolves- he'd be a better "gamble" than Andrews.

Are we interested? Going in for him would mean having to deal with Tottenham again. Plus Chimbonda wears gloves in August.

Abilitywise he's a good 'un Nicko but his attitude leaves a lot to be desired. Not so happy about Spurs apparently losing both Keane and Berbatov, Santa Cruz must come into their reckoning if that happens. I see Hull are looking at Olofinjani from Wolves- he'd be a better "gamble" than Andrews.

I feel a bit sorry for Chimbonda. He comes from a very poor background in an island that is a dot on the map, goes to France as a kid and ends up in places like Le Havre and Bastia. He takes a chance at Wigan, is so good they give him a new contract and they BOTH agree he can go to Tottenham. Wigan then do the dirty by saying he is pushing for a move...and he gets away. He seems to have gone a bit large in London, but he was a terrific player at Wigan and could be so again. Remember, it was Spurs who signed Hutton for his place in the team which would annoy anyone.

The Berbatov and Keane stuff does make me a bit uneasy about Roque, I have got to say. But why join a sinking ship?

how come you have never mentioned mauro zarate nicko. according to sky text he was ince's original target but when he opted for lazio ince asked his agent to find him a similar player.

bit worrying the way its being said this has been conducted. ince asks agent for similar player. agent brings videos. ince says ill have him.

maybe this villaneuva lad has got talent but that kind of transfer dealing is all a bit too much like souness if you ask me.

how come you have never mentioned mauro zarate nicko. according to sky text he was ince's original targt but when he opted for lazio ince asked his agent to find him a similar player.

bit worrying the way its being said this has been conducted. ince asks agent for similar player. agent brings videos. ince says ill have him.

maybe this lad has got talent but that kind of transger dealing is all a bit too much like souness if you ask me.

Zarate was already going to Lazio before Paul Ince took charge...I think the agent means 'have you any more like him?'

I wouldn't be knocking the imagination and invention behind this one. There is no way the manager or his scouts can see Villanueva or Castillo in the flesh because they are not playing. So I am happy to rely on the eye of a guy who has played at the top level. I think he knows a player.

Souey's signings were pretty good quite a lot of the time, by the way. One or two shockers, but Friedel, Tugay, Pedersen, Neill and Reid seemed to be OK.

Souey's signings were pretty good quite a lot of the time, by the way. One or two shockers, but Friedel, Tugay, Pedersen, Neill and Reid seemed to be OK.

Yes, but don't forget that he had already managed Friedel and Tugay in Turkey.

I feel a bit sorry for Chimbonda. He comes from a very poor background in an island that is a dot on the map, goes to France as a kid and ends up in places like Le Havre and Bastia. He takes a chance at Wigan, is so good they give him a new contract and they BOTH agree he can go to Tottenham. Wigan then do the dirty by saying he is pushing for a move...and he gets away. He seems to have gone a bit large in London, but he was a terrific player at Wigan and could be so again. Remember, it was Spurs who signed Hutton for his place in the team which would annoy anyone.

The Berbatov and Keane stuff does make me a bit uneasy about Roque, I have got to say. But why join a sinking ship?

The first time I saw Chimbonda play for Wigan I couldn't believe a bigger club hadn't signed him first, he had it all. Pace, strength in the tackle , he's great header of the ball at either end of the field (good enough to stand in at centre half) and carries the ball well out of defence. If he can get his head right he's a good signing for £4M, I'd take the chance. Forget about Andrews and the £1.5M being wasted and try for Chimbonda.

If Paul Ince's success rate with players is as good as Souey's you might even win a trophy... ;)

Hope so :) Do you know if Villanueva's agent is the agent of Sanchez at Udinese too? (Chilean right winger, asked about him earlier). He's a potential worldie but unsure what his price tag would be.

Now if my memory serves me right, Lucas Neill was recommended to Rovers by Ray Hartford

Archived