BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

In my opinion White Hart Lane would be an absolutely awful destination for Bentley at this point in his career.

All that said, Bentley is good; but he's not THAT good.

If the eventual deal is £17m then we will have robbed Spurs blind. B)

I agree with all of that, if Bentley moves there and isn't a lot more consistent there than he was here last season he'll disappear without trace. Again. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a real real shame that we cant get in on SWP should Bentley leave. It seems like he has set his heart on Pompey...

Nicko, do you think Paul Ince would risk starting the season without a out and out RM if Bentley should leave? It seems like a terrible gamble too me!

I agree that £17million is a joke for Bentley. Quite alot of our fans don't want him at that price but would take him at about £12mil.

I know that they play in different positions and are different kinds of player, but who do would you consider more valuable: Bentley or Barry?

In my opinion, if Barry is worth £17m, then Bentley is worth a similar amount.

Nicko, do you think Paul Ince would risk starting the season without a out and out RM if Bentley should leave? It seems like a terrible gamble too me!

Depends what formation we'll be playing next season..

In my opinion, if Barry is worth £17m, then Bentley is worth a similar amount.

Fair enough - But Barry isn't worth £17m either.

It's indicative of the state of football, with English players going at "premium rates".

I agree that £17million is a joke for Bentley. Quite alot of our fans don't want him at that price but would take him at about £12mil.

That sort of bid has already been tried and you've been told to come back with a real offer and we'll talk. Point is the fans may not think he's worth it but the club know it or a figure very close to it is what you'll have to pay, and they seem to want him enough to pay it.

That sort of bid has already been tried and you've been told to come back with a real offer and we'll talk. Point is the fans may not think he's worth it but the club know it or a figure very close to it is what you'll have to pay, and they seem to want him enough to pay it.

The high price is down to the percentage we must give the Gooners.

i suppose that point hasnt really been looked on. i mean spurs wouldnt sell to arsenal if they could help it so they are really going to begrudge inadvertantly adding to arsenals coffers.

could be an adittional reason why they are unwilling to match the asking price, if the chairman is as petulant as nicko suggests.

The high price is down to the percentage we must give the Gooners.

It's actually down to a number of things like how much we'll have to pay to get what Bentley at his best can give us, the fact that initially we were very reluctant sellers, the fact that we don't have to sell and he still has 3 years on his contract, the fact he's an england international, the fact that he's still young, and probably half a dozen other things I haven't even thought of.

And before you tell me, this should be in the Bentley thread, so move it if you want. I'd put it there myself but it's a reply to something on here again and that's why it's hard to stick by your rules.

It's actually down to a number of things like how much we'll have to pay to get what Bentley at his best can give us, the fact that initially we were very reluctant sellers, the fact that we don't have to sell and he still has 3 years on his contract, the fact he's an england international, the fact that he's still young, and probably half a dozen other things I haven't even thought of.

Its simply down to how damn awesome he is.

Nicko please just tell them how fantastic he is so Spurs can hurry up and pay.

Shhhhh about how he is not worth that much and giving reasons.

They will hear you.

And before you tell me, this should be in the Bentley thread, so move it if you want. I'd put it there myself but it's a reply to something on here again and that's why it's hard to stick by your rules.

I only listed the one I believe is the most important, I didn't list the rest due to the fact there is so much I want to reply to on here after my ban expired.

Some of these questions to Nicko are reminiscent of the script of "Life of Brian"!

Come on guys, give him a break. He posts some really interesting stuff, at regular intervals. In between, give him a break ffs!

Some of these questions to Nicko are reminiscent of the script of "Life of Brian"!

Come on guys, give him a break. He posts some really interesting stuff, at regular intervals. In between, give him a break ffs!

I second that, No i don't he's probably at the bookies picking up his winnings.

Thistle 1-0 Who. :D:lol: :lol:

Nico, should I tell Zulu to shut the frig up or agree with him and suggest others give you a break?

... and how would you have me shut the frig up, Messiah? :D

What odds by midnight we're all type singing ''ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE.....''

Pretty long. I'm going to bed in a minute! :D

Nicely put sir.

It's incredibly cringe-worthy reading some of the pestering posts on here. How long are the school holidays? Six weeks? It's going to be a bloody long summer...

Nicely put sir.

It's incredibly cringe-worthy reading some of the pestering posts on here. How long are the school holidays? Six weeks? It's going to be a bloody long summer...

That's because we can ONLY ask questions in here.

The "new version" of this thread sure is awesome. So much easier to read! And relevant! [/sarcasm]

Change it back Mods - It's the only thing that makes sense.

If people whine about not being able to find Nicko's posts, suggest they use the "Search" function.

It's not complicated.

It's not just about being able to find Nicko's posts, it's nice to read the opinions and thoughts of some people on here. I'm sure there's a 'happy medium' somewhere, but please God don't put it back to how it was. You simply can't have a thread that discusses a million different things and expect it to have any reasonable flow at all.

The biggest problem was the effect it had on people who really shouldn't be let anywhere near a keyboard though, they suddenly started feeling the need to post relentlessly. Why was that?

Archived