BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

After all the rubbish being spouted on here about Ince and his management team, it looks like:

1. A 37 year old goalie is about to be sold for £2.75 million and a 28 year old England international is about to be signed for £3.5 million.

2. The current Chilean player of the year is about to be signed on loan who Nicko has said looks a "worldie".

A good window so far, long may it continue.

Here, here

I can't beleive the panic that seems to be spreading around this MB. Lets be realistic Chelsea are struggling with Lampard, Arsenal have lost Hleb and may lose others, United could still lose Ronaldo, Liverpool seem to need to sell before they can buy. Our arch enemy Spuds face the prospect of losing their first choice forward line.

Yes our players are being linked with moves away - but that is partly due to the fact that they are good players. We have to realistic - we are a small town in Lancashire and players will always be attracted to so called big clubs. However - as long as we maintain a reputation of encouraging and resurecting players careers we will still be able to attract fairly big name players (for me Robinson is another potential example).

Having said all that - Santa is the one that worries me the most. But - look at last season - who would have thought that McCarthy's form would dip to the extent that we wouldn't have noticed if he had left - and that we would find somebody who IMO is actually better !

Keep that faith - football is still played on grass - not on the back pages of newspapers.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolutely. robinson IS class. more than brad had showed before we signed him, and we get him for almost nothing? i bet jason brown cost us more than robinson do, considering the money from brad. its brads last gift to rovers.

credit has to be given to JW as we had to replace brad sooner or later, fair play to ince he wanted a younger goalkeeper, and for rovers to recieve £2.75m for brad is absolute steel and to add £0.5m to that we get a much younger, hungry, has a point to prove, and determined to win back his no1 england jersy.

And there lays the main problem from what I've heard.

I think robinson is a great replacement for Brad. Almost certainly guaranteed the number one spot all season, his confidence will flourish. Take that on its own and its a great swap albeit I still think Brad could have done a job.

Villanueva looks very good indeed too. Plenty of skill and energy based on clips, it looks like we could have eventually found a replacement for tugs.

The disappointing thing in the current climate is, without going into the disappointment of a 3-1 reverse (I dont like to lose pre-season games, I dont care what anyone says!!!), that the current situation seems to be so unsettled. None of us could actually even attempt to put forward a line-up for the Everton game. I acknowledge the fact there will be change with a new manager but so many players seemingly being linked with moves away (which our in-house pundit has confirmed) is just disappointing. To be honest, the best news of the summer so far was seeing Brett sign a new long term deal whom I think is a great player for us.

I think we do need to reserve judgement, at least until a few games have passed on the current set-up. Ince definately has the pedigree, the question is, does he have the knowledge, the motivational skills and the the respect of the players to get through the difficult times in a high pressure environment............time will tell.

He could seriously go off the boil next season while i think PR will flourish.

Care to explain why you think that other than through blue tinted specs?

Agreed, it's a no brainer. We should be able to pick Shorey up for less than we sell Warnock for.

Quite relaxed about that one.

What happens if Shorey does not want to come? It's serious then.

Thanks for your in depth analysis into Bentley's personality...you must know him so well...

Bentley is an ambitious footballer. If he has a bad season next season, theres no chance of big four interest and even the likes of Spurs wont be interested. Furthermore the likes of SWP (off to Portsmouth) will likely get ahead of him in the race for Englands' right side. Sif Ifrika 2010 will just be a season away and this is the season he will want to really get into the England set up regularly. He will give his all if he plays for Rovers.

Poss the main reason that he wants out is that he cannot get in front of a bloody old codger like Goledenballs whilst he plays for BRFC. If he gets to Spurs then Becks will be history. I dont care what anybody says Bentley has been handed the shiitty end of the stick by successive weak minded England managers playing corporate politics.

What happens if Shorey does not want to come? It's serious then.

Can't see it being an issue. I don't believe Reading have been beseiged with offers, and he'd surely want to play in the Prem instead of the Championship

Brad out, Robbo in for an initial £0.25m is an unbelievable bit of business. JW really does drive a hard bargain.

Not cursing him, but i bet you any money that Brad is out injured next season at some point. Following that he will slow down and start to lose some of his skills

FOR DOUBTING FANS!

Ive had enough of the club/fans rolling over, Don't ever say i support little old Rovers because you don't, you support one of only four teams to win the league you support one of the best run teams in the league, you support the team were such current England internationals play, where we have captains of countires like Nelsen, The Axe, Emerton and Ooijer being VC.

Do you know why Spurs and Newcastle are "Big" its because their supporters think they are and it's because they don't sell their best players. LETS ADDOPT THIS APPROACH!!!

RULES YOU SHOULD KNOW AND REPEAT TO EVERY FAN!!!

1. We are one of only four teams to win the league, something supposedly big clubs Newcastle, Spurs and Liverpool haven't.

2. We ain't a money making business like your Man Utd's jetting out to asia to play a game and sell shirts with Park on we are good honest Rovers fans who come and watch our local team play and upset the big boys. We ain't all different nationallities with cameras taking pictures of our only time at Old Trafford we are the Rovers fans who know Mike with the dodgy Rockport jacket who sits next to us almost everygame.

3. We don't have an ugly Yank of a chairman who wants to put the loans on the club, hell we don't have a russian crook with oil money but what we do have is a Mr Rovers in his heart chairman who tries his hardest to recruit new players and to make money available to managers.

4. You can take your Mark Hughes and Your David Bentleys from Rovers in the summer but what you can't take or allowed to be taken is the fans that make this club, don't let the media or other fans be little us into thinking we are small because if we think small we will be small.

5. PLAYERS AND AGENTS COME AND GO BUT FANS STAY FOREVER! Things could be allot worse we could be in multi millions of debt so show some Arte et Labor and a bit of passion and stop the mopping around and Rock and (Please don't use that word again)ing roll. The good days are coming back to EWOOD so sit back and enjoy forget the players leaving look forward to the new ones. Its a new era.

Brad out, Robbo in for an initial £0.25m is an unbelievable bit of business. JW really does drive a hard bargain.

Not cursing him, but i bet you any money that Brad is out injured next season at some point. Following that he will slow down and start to lose some of his skills

Where have these numbers come from - is it confirmed ?

Spurs seem to be the only club interested in Bentley and if they decide not to pay our asking price it looks like he's staying.

It will be interesting to see what he does if he doesn't get his move. If he has a "brain", which i think he does despite the mistakes he has made in the past he will knuckle down and play as best as he can for Rovers and for England. If he kicks up a fuss he can rot and kiss his England career goodbye and at the same time put off any of the champions league qualified clubs going for him in January or next summer.

The guy has gone down in my estimation, I feel disappointed and hurt by what he has done to the club that essentially gave him the chance to develop and showcase his talents. But if he does end up staying for another season everytime he puts on the blue and white he will have my support.

whats the difference its vague and unconfirmed doesnt change anything?

all im asking is if there is any truth in this claim.

QUOTE (nicko @ Jul 24 2008, 05:52 ) *

Injury.

ON BRESCIANO...I am always wary of players described as 'versatile' - a pal of mine watched him for another Premier League side last season and said he wasn't good enough.

ON WARNOCK...does the player want to go?

ON PENNANT...Never ever been worth £6 million. Won't happen at that price.

ON CASTILLO...dying to see his side of the story in the Ecuadorian papers...to describe him as having a 'bad attitude' is ludicrous.

Archived