BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has anyone heard this statement from les ferdinand.

Regard immanent bid from spuds for cruz.

Picked it up another board, but no details.

im sorry but what did he say? If it is my phone not showing your post properly, please brar with me.

Has anyone heard this statement from les ferdinand.

Regard immanent bid from spuds for cruz.

Picked it up another board, but no details.

He never said that at all. He did say Spurs SHOULD go for him.

Wouldnt it make better sense to have the topic that is already in existence, whats it called... 'Nicko's News Ticker' for him to post his 11 O'clocks in, thats one topic...

A 'Nicko's General Convo' topic for all the random stuff that people don't mind reading through...

... and finally, a Nicko's Questions' topic, where people can post a bullet styled question, which Nicko, if he doesnt mind, can pop into every now and then, and answer one or 2 of the more intelligent ones...

That way nobody has an excuse for not posting non relevent garbage in the non 'general convo' topics... I myself quite enjoy reading general chit chat, but can see why people, maybe at work only with a couple of mins free just want to have a quick look at what Nicko has said etc..?

Wouldnt it make better sense to have the topic that is already in existence, whats it called... 'Nicko's News Ticker' for him to post his 11 O'clocks in, thats one topic...

A 'Nicko's General Convo' topic for all the random stuff that people don't mind reading through...

... and finally, a Nicko's Questions' topic, where people can post a bullet styled question, which Nicko, if he doesnt mind, can pop into every now and then, and answer one or 2 of the more intelligent ones...

That way nobody has an excuse for not posting non relevent garbage in the non 'general convo' topics... I myself quite enjoy reading general chit chat, but can see why people, maybe at work only with a couple of mins free just want to have a quick look at what Nicko has said etc..?

Thats a grand idea mate.

Then people can moan how they cant put a question in the same thread. you will never win but all the same it is a good idea

Why couldnt Bentley just be sensible about the whole situation, he's still young he's got plenty of time to wait for the perfect move to come up. Now he just looks a complete arserod. Cant wait to get shut of him.

Naa wanted it in here.

That doesn't add up? They have £45m, but I reckon those players would cost about £53m...

Bentley - £18m (I know that article says £15m but they are dreaming)

Pavlyuchenko - £15m (had a bid of £10m rejected so it should take at least £12m...)

Diego Milito - £8m (according to the article...)

Diego Capel - £12m (according to that article...)

Total = £53m

I make them £8m short so one of those is going to have to miss out.

NICKO - does this mean the start of the merry-go round??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-20675692/

Spurs will have to sign a striker first...maybe two.

Bentley can happen - as long as the price is right. And the price is NOT £15 million.

Mind you, it would be better if this was sorted soon as you can make your own plans without him...otherwise it drags.

Nicko

Which club is likely to be most busiest before the start of the season in terms of signing? Will it be Spurs or are we all in line for a shock and it to be Blackburn Rovers.

Before the end of the month...maybe Tottenham. But possibly Everton too, way behind just now.

Rovers should get Villanueva, two midfielders and a right back, but you could not put a time-scale on it. Plus Robinson and probably Fowler.

You say two midfielders... Would two become three if Bentley goes or is it a foregone conclusion and you have already taken it into account?

If Bentley goes I suspect you will sign a right back first, take a look at Brett Emerton in that right wing role and then decide...

At the moment there is more talk of right backs coming in than right wingers.

Pennant seems favourite, but that would be down to price etc.

Nicko, I'm always curious about how long transfers take. One of Fulhams signings said that they knew of Fulhams interest at the end of the season but weren't signed until, what two or three weeks ago. The Danny Guthrie to Newcastle transfer was similar by all accounts.

Are we expecting the Warnock and Bentley deals to drag on that long, or do you think there is an end in sight?

So two new Centre Mids, plus Villanueva?

We are going to be more packed than Spuds in midfield.

Oh yeah Nicko, the McDingles won last night 5-0, your mate Coyley was playing ( :lol: ) and scored the 5th.

You must have been skipping for joy.

I was interested to see that the team played 3-5-2 at one stage in Portgual. Sounds like the manager likes to experiment, which is good, so I think there will be an emphasis on midfield arrivals.

As for Coyley...some people just can't let go. :lol:

do the "if" go into account if mokoena leaves aswell, or will our signings be done regardless of him? and what is happening with him just now anyway?

I don't think he will play any significant part...and I don't think there is much interest in him either.

Nicko, I'm always curious about how long transfers take. One of Fulhams signings said that they knew of Fulhams interest at the end of the season but weren't signed until, what two or three weeks ago. The Danny Guthrie to Newcastle transfer was similar by all accounts.

Are we expecting the Warnock and Bentley deals to drag on that long, or do you think there is an end in sight?

It can take one call or a thousand.

The bottom line is that the price has to be right and the timing.

Archived