BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Newcastle papers full of card-marked lines about a 'third and final offer' for Warnock...

skysports says Fabricio Coloccini will rip his contract with his current club and go to newcastle if a deal is not agreed. truth? does this leave warnock at rovers?

skysports says Fabricio Coloccini will rip his contract with his current club and go to newcastle if a deal is not agreed. truth? does this leave warnock at rovers?

Coloccini is a right back, hard as nails and mad as a badger.

If he comes over get a bet on him being the player with most cards next season.

Mind you, I would have him in my team every day of the week.

Nicko - have you heard anything about Rovers and Warnock? Are we looking to sell him now? Do you know of the price we value him around?

Also when you say we want 2 midfielders - what type? 1 Creative and 1 in the Viera Mould?

NEW

NEW

Villanueva

Bentley

Gamst

Dunn

Mokoena

Reid

Tugay

Emerton

Olsson

Vogel

And some of the others, youths and fringes.

I'd say a lot of depth there.

I hope we don't play 1 up front all the time, there were signs of a Benni revival at the end of last season so I hope he gets a reasonable run out up top with Rocky.

Ochs is only 24 and shouldn't cost a bomb, but I haven't seen much of him. Apart from his name being sort of Scottish, what type of player is he? Speedy/slow, solid/dodgy, hesitant/lunger.

Also when you say we want 2 midfielders - what type? 1 Creative and 1 in the Viera Mould?

There was obviously the 'Castillo' type of strong, get-about-the-park, tackling midfielder...a better version of Mokoena.

And there still is the Keith Andrews issue.

So those two 'vacancies' - plus Villanueva - would be about right for that area.

Ochs is only 24 and shouldn't cost a bomb, but I haven't seen much of him. Apart from his name being sort of Scottish, what type of player is he? Speedy/slow, solid/dodgy, hesitant/lunger.

By all accounts he is athletic, can defend and get forward. He did well against Wigan last week which is a good test for a potential Premier League player. I think he must have a chance of being top of the right back list just now...but I don't know all of the names being watched.

I would have thought somebody like Hull or Stoke would want Mokoena, wouldn't cost much and could do a decent job for a team looking to survive.

Yeah, but Moko only enters the realms of usefulness when playing in 4-5-1 catenaccio. If they want to play football, then the Axe is not their man. If only Egil Olsen was still around, he'd snap him up in no time.

I was interested to see that the team played 3-5-2 at one stage in Portgual. Sounds like the manager likes to experiment, which is good, so I think there will be an emphasis on midfield arrivals.

The LT report which I assume you are using as your source suggests that we were poor in that formation. I rem GS used it a lot to get us promoted but the Arsenal experience caused him to re-think for life in the prem. I think 3-5-2 only works against poor opposition or if you have a top 4 quality squad to select from.

btw I dont mind if for certain matches but 4-5-1 is not very popular around these parts either.

Thanks a lot.

One last question, QOTSA last night posted in the other thread about Villanueva having arrived. Have you had a chance to see or hear from the new boy?

I would think the club will make a fuss once all of the paperwork is done...this is an imaginative bit of business. So they should bang the drum a bit.

I find it surprising that Robinson has not even been 'unveiled' yet. When you bring in an England keeper you should make a bigger deal of it.

I find it surprising that Robinson has not even been 'unveiled' yet. When you bring in an England keeper you should make a bigger deal of it.

Porbably because the club are unsure about the reaction, don't forget who had to go to facilitate Robinson's move. "Yipee we've swapped one of the best keepers in the league for one with the worst statistics for stopping shots from outside the 18 yeard box"....

Not my opinion but I probably wouldn't be that happy about Robinson if I didn't know the background like most Rovers fans...

I was thinking the same.

Occasionally Rovers do a multi-unveiling of players.

Could this be the case of a press conference later in the week, to unveil Robinson, Villanueva, Fowler and one other?

This 'hides' any question mark signings such as Fowler or even Andrews.

Robinson surely must be presented to the fans and media before making his debut.

Coloccini is a right back, hard as nails and mad as a badger.

If he comes over get a bet on him being the player with most cards next season.

Mind you, I would have him in my team every day of the week.

Sounds like a player we could do with to be honest.. have we looked at him?

I agree with that Nicko.......let's have more information from the club. No I don't expect all the intimate details of transfer negotiations but the fans are desperate for good quality information (that's why we are on here heh heh!)...........the club could do much more to get us all on-side.

The official site seems to be in hibernation......Paul Ince could improve the mood on these boards immeasureably with a few well chosen comments in the LET.

Come on Paul, keep us in the loop...............we are all on your side at the end of the day!

official site posted a piece with eric steele today. he was excited to work with his former pal, paul robinson, as paul would arrive today. so i guess the unveiling will be today or tomorrow?

official site posted a piece with eric steele today. he was excited to work with his former pal, paul robinson, as paul would arrive today. so i guess the unveiling will be today or tomorrow?

shame if its true according to reports that Paul won't be working for Mr Steele for to much long then!!!!!

Coyley seems to be busy according to the press.

Eagles to sign today.

A Latvian former Rovers target to check out.

A £600k bid for the big lummux Kevin Kyle.

Eagles yes, Latvian only on trial, Kyle - no way.

shame if its true according to reports that Paul won't be working for Mr Steele for to much long then!!!!!

it obviously did not sound like steele was leaving anytime soon, as he sounded pretty up-beat about geting robinson back on track. he had worked with robbo at leeds when rob was a teenager, and had followed him ever since.

now he was looking forward to getting the best years out of the boy as he is still young, and have his best years ahead of him. he said peter schmeichel was also 28 when he came to man utd, and he was not all that great before the trafford move, but we all know how that turned out ;)

Archived