BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was thinking the same.

Occasionally Rovers do a multi-unveiling of players.

Could this be the case of a press conference later in the week, to unveil Robinson, Villanueva, Fowler and one other?

This 'hides' any question mark signings such as Fowler or even Andrews.

Robinson surely must be presented to the fans and media before making his debut.

We have until Saturday then I'd imagine. Probably waiting until the paperwork is cleared with Carlos.

Everton have no money according to some quarters of Everton Fans so i am a bit surprised you say they'll be alot of activity going on there.

Just sold AJ for a lot of money.

Their financier will pay for others.

There should be four or five in there in a hurry...maybe more.

they get 10-ish million for johnson today though <_<

But that will surely go towards that Moutinho guy, are loans included on this? What about the likes of Sunderland/Villa. I even expected us to get around another 4 players.

Nicko, surely if we sell Bentley, we will have to bring in a new RM/big name. Not only for the obvious reasons, but also for advertising etc...

Lost count of the amounts of times i have seen Bentley in the credits/openings of Sports programs and advertisments for stuff in magazines. This must provide some income for the club...

Personally i would be disappointed if when we sell Bentley we didnt bring in a Lennon or Pennant of this world!

Besides, surely we need someone solid on the right hand side to provide assists for Roque, would i be right in thinking that Bentley provided about 80% of Roque's assists last season...?

Nicko - If Rovers give Spurs a deadline to buy Bentley so it will give us time to find a suitable replacment, if it passes and Spurs don't make a bid. Can you see the price increasing or dropping? Also if he dosen't move this window will he be looking to January or are we just going to offer him a new contract and clear the air?

Nicko, surely if we sell Bentley, we will have to bring in a new RM/big name. Not only for the obvious reasons, but also for advertising etc...

Lost count of the amounts of times i have seen Bentley in the credits/openings of Sports programs and advertisments for stuff in magazines. This must provide some income for the club...

Personally i would be disappointed if when we sell Bentley we didnt bring in a Lennon or Pennant of this world!

Besides, surely we need someone solid on the right hand side to provide assists for Roque, would i be right in thinking that Bentley provided about 80% of Roque's assists last season...?

with rovers being as backward as they are commercially, I doubt they hold the image rights to any of our players, so we won't get a sniff of anything that includes our players.

Skys contract with the premier league allows them to use player images and video in their own marketing.

Nicko - If Rovers give Spurs a deadline to buy Bentley so it will give us time to find a suitable replacment, if it passes and Spurs don't make a bid. Can you see the price increasing or dropping? Also if he dosen't move this window will he be looking to January or are we just going to offer him a new contract and clear the air?

Rovers have bought robinson from spurs so no longer have to keep them sweet - therefore with regards them wanting Bentley, Rovers should now say NO, especially after all the messing about etc. though if we could get Huddlestone plus cash for Bentley, I suggest that is worth thinking about.

Yeah I'm sure that electronic tag would look lovely on a poster

Rovers have bought robinson from spurs so no longer have to keep them sweet - therefore with regards them wanting Bentley, Rovers should now say NO, especially after all the messing about etc. though if we could get Huddlestone plus cash for Bentley, I suggest that is worth thinking about.

Please No.

I hope it's a cash deal only.

We choose who we want after that, and on our terms.

This deal has been going on long enough.

If this is true, this should be the final chance for spuds 17/18m or forget it.

We have to move on to making our own plans for the new season.

We may be linked with Pennant, but I would like to think, they have better options in the mixer.

According to the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7530967.stm

"Blackburn Rovers have confirmed they are in negotiations with Tottenham over the possible sale of David Bentley.

But chairman John Williams has told BBC Radio Lancashire the club have yet to accept a bid for the England winger. "

That's nothing we don't already know.

Huddlestone has just signed a new contract at Spurs, so i don't think he will be in any deal with Bentley going to the Lane. I think Blackburn are going to accept a lower fee now from Spurs, i reckon that was part of the deal when we landed Robinson.

Archived