BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nickos Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Skysports - 23.00 Sky Sports News understands that David Bentley will undergo a medical at Tottenham on Wednesday morning. A deal to take the Blackburn winger to White Hart Lane is expected to be pushed through in the next 24 hours.

I think they're trying to pinch your 11 o'clocker!!

you being serious?

Any ideas how much of the fee is to be paid straight away - all or half?

Id make it £3m (Trust), £10m start, £3m in compo gain on mgrs/ staff, -0.5m on Robbo, £10m from Bentley - so £25.5m ish! Could be a very interesting summer at Ewood.

Any ideas how much of the fee is to be paid straight away - all or half?

Id make it £3m (Trust), £10m start, £3m in compo gain on mgrs/ staff, -0.5m on Robbo, £10m from Bentley - so £25.5m ish! Could be a very interesting summer at Ewood.

I would think the £3million we got from the trust will not go towards the transfer kitty but for the outstanding debts. Hopefully at the end of the next financial year Rovers could record a Profit. That may attract more investment to our club.

Newcastle were meant to make a 'third and final' bid - but I'm not sure that they have.

There's a surprise, perhaps we don't want to sell him!

Robinson, Villanueva, Fowler [maybe], Andrews [possibly] and a right back would be a decent handful...but only one is actually signed up full-time so far.

Surely our transfer plans hinge largely on the monies received for Bentley? Robinson and Villenueva are two very good signings in my book, you would have thought the necessity to look at the likes of Fowler and Andrews would be rather less with a war chest of 17 -20m to go at.

The Times i know, not a great source:

"With Tottenham thought to have agreed to pay Blackburn an initial £12million for Bentley, rising to more than £15million with add-ons depending on his success at White Hart Lane, Arsenal stand to make up to £5million."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4426157.ece

BS i assume? Can't see us ever agreeing to that.

Yes but what if Santa says yes please! I thought we were obligated to inform players when bids come in for them!

The technique you've quoted didn't work with Brad did it!

Why would we be obligated to inform a player?

Its obvious that either Brad was told he was going or told us he was before Villa etc were interested enough to make a bid.

The Times i know, not a great source:

"With Tottenham thought to have agreed to pay Blackburn an initial £12million for Bentley, rising to more than £15million with add-ons depending on his success at White Hart Lane, Arsenal stand to make up to £5million."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle4426157.ece

BS i assume? Can't see us ever agreeing to that.

I reckon this is true-ish!

Because bentley said he wanted to go his price will have dropped

He started being a bad apple so the club decided to get rid!

This was probably the best and final deal on the table!

Prob been bummed in a transfer again!

ala Bellamy

Why don't we just sell all the players at the club, and divide the money to the trustees ? The 4 years Mark Hughes was here, the club was finally going somewhere. We felt ambition, we improved year after year, and this was really a key year for hughes to get a little kitty, to make the final adjustments to a great team. Now, if someone would have told me a couple of months ago that we this summer were to lose Hughes, Friedel, Bentley maybe Warnock, and replace them with Robinson, Andrews and Ince's old poker buddy Robbie Fowler and not to mention a managment team from the lowest division, I would laugh my head off. And if I was told that the clubs involved was Man City, Tottenham, Aston Villa and Newcastle, my jaw would have slammed to the ground!

The club has greatly disappointed me this summer, Ince has already shown me what I needed to know when bringing Fowler in and seriously considering Keith Andrews, I mean, what more info do you need about a manager, really? This is a MAJOR step down for the club, and for the first time in years I feel the club is saying to itself, look at us, were just a small club who cannot compete, we're just satisfied with being in the premier league, we cannot have good players, and we can never keep them. We can never win anything bcause we're so small. The other teams must have lost so much respect for Rovers over the summer, that im on my knees crying. Please bring on the next manager at once. Why waste time?

I reckon this is true-ish!

Because bentley said he wanted to go his price will have dropped

He started being a bad apple so the club decided to get rid!

This was probably the best and final deal on the table!

Prob been bummed in a transfer again!

ala Bellamy

Then if that figure is true its a stupid deal.

Then if that figure is true its a stupid deal.

Agreed! hope im totally wrong and we get 17 million but that was our

starting price and 12 million was theirs so after negotiating bet this sum isnt

too far off!

Why would we be obligated to inform a player?

Its obvious that either Brad was told he was going or told us he was before Villa etc were interested enough to make a bid.

New transfer rules from FIFA I believe. Bidding clubs now inform both the club and player of their interest at the same time, but are still not supposed to start contract negotiations without permission.

Sure I heard that on here - from someone sensible-ish I think...

why would it be? we where nvr going to get 17 mill thats rovers 'rrp' so to speak. Its only purpose to hype the price to up and around that figure. if somebody bid 17m then it would be a bonus.

the only reason we got 17 for duff was because of a contract clause (although at the time we would have liked more for him).

look at robinson the pric began at 6mill. 3.5 is a long way from that, its just the way it works.

end of the day its a big profit on an over hyped player who's ego is fast overtaking his natural talent. good business in my opinion.

I think as a matter of courtesy a club would always inform a player anyway of a bid received for them.

Of course they're quite at liberty to turn it down and refuse permission to open talks unless there is a release clause in the player's contract.

why would it be? we where nvr going to get 17 mill thats rovers 'rrp' so to speak. Its only purpose to hype the price to up and around that figure. if somebody bid 17m then it would be a bonus.

the only reason we got 17 for duff was because of a contract clause (although at the time we would have liked more for him).

look at robinson the pric began at 6mill. 3.5 is a long way from that, its just the way it works.

end of the day its a big profit on an over hyped player who's ego is fast overtaking his natural talent. good business in my opinion.

Only good business if we have a decent replacement lined up! to my knowledge we havent!

Food for thought. Spurs have already got Aaron Lennon who plays RM, and have already purchased John Bostock, who's favourate position is RM. Bentley wants to play RM, so who is going to miss out...

I bet one thing though, i bet Bentley doesnt play as many games next season for Spuds as he did for us last season!

Archived