BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] England Squad

Capello has announced his latest England squad, Robinson is in again, no place for Warnock unfortunately.

A little surprised he has only announced 3 out and out strikers.

No real suprise names to be honest.

Goalkeepers:

David James (Portsmouth), Paul Robinson (Blackburn), Joe Hart (Manchester City)

Defenders:

Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Manchester United), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Portsmouth), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham), Matthew Upson (West Ham)

Midfielders:

Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), David Beckham (Los Angeles Galaxy), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), David Bentley (Tottenham),

Strikers:

Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Emile Heskey (Wigan)

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3996236,00.html

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How Bridge continues to get picked i have no idea. Personally i don't think he's a bad player but he never plays. How he merits getting picked over and over again i don't know. If he were to move clubs and play regular first team football i wouldn't mind but i thought when Capello arrived he claimed he was going to pick players on performances.

good point on bridge noway should he be in there.

didn't 'mr capello' as he likes to be addressed state that he wouldn't hesitate to drop big name players and would choose his squads on form rather than name or reputation?

under those criteria bridge shouldn't be anywhere near the england squad

To be fair, we've only had 1 game of the season so we can't say that 'Bridge hardly plays' unless we go on last seasons appearances which is silly. He's probably had a good preseason and he's a top defender. I'm sure come the next England set up, Warnock will have a great chance of replacing Bridge if he puts in good performances week in week out.

Good to see robbo back in the squad, shame about warnock

Going this game, i wonder if bentley will still get booed

Probably wont get booed now he's playing for Tottenham - the corner stone of the England team and fans in the past - i cant justify that but its always appeared so!

I just cant get excited about England games, never mind friendlies. May have to watch House of Saddam instead!

I would like Bentley to play, he is still the best Right Winger in England, or in Spurs case their best left winger.

I think Mr Bentley may regret his move already.

Not the best winger in America though,

He still can't bend it like Beckham!

Can't wait to hear some 'Beckham' for England chants when Spuds come travelling.

Probably wont get booed now he's playing for Tottenham - the corner stone of the England team and fans in the past - i cant justify that but its always appeared so!

I just cant get excited about England games, never mind friendlies. May have to watch House of Saddam instead!

Know what you mean. Has that been a good show?

I'd really laugh if Bentley ended up no closer to being England's RM after his move, especially if he keeps playing on the left.

There was moaning on the Radio last night re the game not being sold out - but its no bloody wonder really

A friendly and tickets are £30+ ... but its ok as you can pay cash at the turnstile ... aye lad £40 if you show us the colour of your money.

Archived