Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the best interests in the club, he should go and go before its too late even if there is only 2 points between us and 12th, last week it was only a few points between us and 8th the few weeks before that we were close to the top four.

The question is how long will it be before we are too far from help!

I've seen and heard nothing at all to suggest that the guy knows what he is doing. He's totally out of his depth. It would appear that he's lost the dressing room, it's bad enough that he's lost the fans, but when you lose the support of the players there can only be one outcome.

A bloody shame all in all but unless there is some sort if miraculous turn around in our fortunes under Ince and his team, that this has all been a huge and very costly mistake.

• Backroom

I've originally been willing to back Ince, and allow him to try and influence the club in the fashion he wants. However, it is clear that things are not working out, and whilst I feel bad about saying it, I right now think he has to go.

Today should have been 3 points in the bag, especially after a first half which we dominated, but we lost.

We were LUCKY to draw against West Brom.

Similarly lucky to defeat a Newcastle side that was at the time in utter turmoil.

We've been unsuccesful in taking points (maximum or otherwise) from most teams around or below us.

How long do we let this continue? Even Ince's post-match interviews make me cringe, he sounds so nervous it's worrying. If Ince can't inspire confidence in the fans, how can he do so with the players? He's out of his depth here, totally. He's signed Keith Andrews (who i will admit has performed better than I expected, but is still not premiership quality) and Robbie Fowler. The same Fowler who couldn't get into the Cardiff team. If Ince's tactical skills were impressive, I might forgive these disgressions, but as today's game showed, he's clueless in that department. He plays players out of position constantly, doesn't know what formation to use and makes substitutions which would be funny if the situation wasn't so serious.

We're a team in freefall right now, and I'm not sure there's an end in sight. I hate to say this, because I'm usually an advocate of giving a manager time to implement changes and his own style onto a team, but I think Ince leaving would ultimately be for the benefit of the club. I fear that with him at the helm we will be relegated.

Only question is, who the hell do we get in to replace him?

God you guys are harsh! What evidence is there he has lost the dressing room?

For years we have been good in one half and bad in another, I don't think Ince is going to change that overnight.

5 or 6 games down the road I would think we will have to consider looking at change but I don't think JW want to, I don't think there are many good young managers about that would want the job.

Get behind Ince and the lads.

God you guys are harsh! What evidence is there he has lost the dressing room?

For years we have been good in one half and bad in another, I don't think Ince is going to change that overnight.

5 or 6 games down the road I would think we will have to consider looking at change but I don't think JW want to, I don't think there are many good young managers about that would want the job.

Get behind Ince and the lads.

Well, if we get more than one point out of the next three games, I'll eat hay with a donkey! I didn't want Incey, but said his salvation would be appointing top quality backroom staff. Ray Matthias and Archie Knox are not top quality. We act now or prepare for Leicester City's or Nottingham Forest's lot.

remember back to the day ince was employed, JW "its a good job for paul, its not like were in the bottom 3 scrapping" paul ince "not yet", well we are now and i think that he not shown anyone that he is good enough to be a prem manager. Rovers need to soon realise that you just cant keep taking the cheapest option, because it ends up costing you more in the long run, we all know that ince got the job because he would accept a small transfer kitty andd was generally the cheaper option and that really gets to me, get these pilloks out and replace them with curbs!

A Spurs - cant see us getting anything at white hart lane.

A pompey - Always a tough game away at pompey, but hopefully get 1/3 points.

H l'pool - Should lose, bonus points if we get any.

A wigan - should really win, but said that alot this season.

H stoke - Again should win.

A sunderland - off wednesday we will win, off saturday we will get beat, so who knows

H man city - and if ince is still here a expect to get beat.

I didn't support his appointment but I don't think anyone can justify his removal at this point. Two wins could change the table and he is still playing with Hughes team minus bentley. He needs time to build his side and whilst I didn't think he was the best man for the job, I don't think we will go down and I do like how we are looking at young players and playing attacking football. Our club has done well as a result of sticking with managers, sacking them has rarely been a good move (I still think that we might have stated up with hodgson

) and we were smart to see souness and Hughes through some hard times. Fingers crossed...

If this makes no sense it is late and this was done from an iphone

I didn't support his appointment but I don't think anyone can justify his removal at this point. Two wins could change the table and he is still playing with Hughes team minus bentley. He needs time to build his side and whilst I didn't think he was the best man for the job, I don't think we will go down and I do like how we are looking at young players and playing attacking football. Our club has done well as a result of sticking with managers, sacking them has rarely been a good move (I still think that we might have stated up with hodgson

) and we were smart to see souness and Hughes through some hard times. Fingers crossed...

If this makes no sense it is late and this was done from an iphone

Eddie,

It's not just the results that have been poor, it's the nature of the defeats. We've looked like a shambles too many times.

I guess he'll get three more games to get some points on the board. Which is fair.

I don't think it will be difficult to guess how I voted but my feeling is this exercise will be more informative if we don't try to influence each other in the poll.

Rovers' attendance by home supporters was something like 16,000 yesterday afternoon if Sunderland did indeed bring 5,000 visiting supporters. That rather suggests that home support is down at least 15% on last year but I have no idea whether it is the monsoons or the antipathy towards all or any aspects of the management which could be a contributory factor.

Unprompted votes here might help give an indication one way or another.

I have never been a poster/supporter that has jumped on the back of PI and demanded his sacking. I was quite prepared to measure his success by a certain number of games in charge (total is now 16, if you include the cup games), but with more than a 1/3 of the season now completed, a new transfer window and the heavy Christmas season fixtures coming up... Sorry PI, but IMO, your time is up with Rovers.

IMV the defence is very suspect and looks totally disorganized (it could be argued that this is down to the players/Winterburn, but for me, the buck stops with PI on this point). Team morale seems to be low, from the performances displayed to date. The on-field discipline still looks woeful, midfield passing is non-existent and further to that point, so is the service to our strikers. I know we have been hit by many injuries so far this season, but this arguement is not a justification for PI keeping his job. We still lack a right-sided midfield player and for me this has been a key issue from day one. The only positive aspect, I can attribute to PI this season, is the fact that he has brought through more youth players, into the first team setup, than any of his contemporary predecessors'.

It is going to take a huge effort to get us out of the position we are currently find ourselves in and move back up the table, considering the competitiveness of the other teams around us at the moment...

PI was always going to be risk based on his experience and to me it just hasn't worked out. Simple

Note, what I have said above is my opinion, I'm sure there are many others, which feel the same, when looking at our situation with objectivity.

EDIT: Q. Still can't think of who we should get into replace PI. Btw - Not fat Sam.

Its funny really. Ince was not in my top four choices but when he came in I wanted to give him my full support. His signings to me have looked broadly decent (if not spectacular), and the football we are playing is quite good compared to Hughes and Souness. On the other hand we are not winning games. Part of that is down to injuries. Part of that is down to a lack of tactical awareness. Part of that is down to lack of focus. All three of those things are in Ince's domain (injuries less so, but we do seem to suffer a lot more than under Hughes) and he isn't doing to well.

For my money he gets another three games. However I would not back sacking him (or any manager) unless we have a clear idea about who we would approach to take the reigns. Nothing would be worse than having Knox or mathias or whoever else running the club whilst we scratch around for whoever is available in December or January, that could lead to an implosion.

This is make or break. Ince is under the kosh, hopefully we will respond, if not whoever comes in needs to be experienced and high quality. That will be expensive.

Three games. But the board should be looking at a potential short list now so we are prepared.

Its funny really. Ince was not in my top four choices but when he came in I wanted to give him my full support. His signings to me have looked broadly decent (if not spectacular), and the football we are playing is quite good compared to Hughes and Souness. On the other hand we are not winning games. Part of that is down to injuries. Part of that is down to a lack of tactical awareness. Part of that is down to lack of focus. All three of those things are in Ince's domain (injuries less so, but we do seem to suffer a lot more than under Hughes) and he isn't doing to well.

For my money he gets another three games. However I would not back sacking him (or any manager) unless we have a clear idea about who we would approach to take the reigns. Nothing would be worse than having Knox or mathias or whoever else running the club whilst we scratch around for whoever is available in December or January, that could lead to an implosion.

This is make or break. Ince is under the kosh, hopefully we will respond, if not whoever comes in needs to be experienced and high quality. That will be expensive.

Three games. But the board should be looking at a potential short list now so we are prepared.

Agree with the points, regarding an appointment, it is the only way.

i have just about had enough of this now. everybody said give the guy at least 10 games, and then judge him. well he is well past that,and he has done nothing to convince the fans that he is going to do anything special. he needs to go and jw needs to admit that he made a huge blunder in appointing ince,

i have just about had enough of this now. everybody said give the guy at least 10 games, and then judge him. well he is well past that,and he has done nothing to convince the fans that he is going to do anything special. he needs to go and jw needs to admit that he made a huge blunder in appointing ince,

Spot on! My thoughts exactly.

The "Not yet!" comment was stupid and will haunt Ince now. Hope JW is not to proud to admit he's mistake.

I think January is going to be huge for this club. I think they need to sit down with Ince and find out his shopping list. If they aren't happy with it, give the cash to someone else to spend.

He's been trying to play his game without his players. Yes, he had the summer to find players, but didn't have the head start that he needed in scouting. That being said, I know for a fact that no one on this board knows how much money he had to spend.

Archived