Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Ince

Paul Ince ?  

476 members have voted

1. 1. you decide!

• Back
    • Sack

What was the "Not Yet" comment?

When Ince was introduced to the press when he joined Rovers, John Williams stated that it was a good opportunity for Ince, and that it wasnt as if he was joining a club in the bottom 3.

To which Ince made a comical remark of "Not Yet"

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God you guys are harsh! What evidence is there he has lost the dressing room?

For years we have been good in one half and bad in another, I don't think Ince is going to change that overnight.

5 or 6 games down the road I would think we will have to consider looking at change but I don't think JW want to, I don't think there are many good young managers about that would want the job.

Get behind Ince and the lads.

I know one of the first team players well (he is not a 1st team player yet).

he tells me that the players are in revolt, Ince is a bully and an amateur

sorry but no names.

PS. can anyone send a link of this page to the LET

INCE OUT

When Ince was introduced to the press when he joined Rovers, John Williams stated that it was a good opportunity for Ince, and that it wasnt as if he was joining a club in the bottom 3.

To which Ince made a comical remark of "Not Yet"

Oh I see, oh dear.

I know one of the first team players well (he is not a 1st team player yet).

he tells me that the players are in revolt, Ince is a bully and an amateur

sorry but no names.

PS. can anyone send a link of this page to the LET

INCE OUT

Is that it? Wow, what a shock - NOT.

Your contradiction in the first line suggests your 'source' is somewhat less than objective. How about substantiating this more so that it doesn't sound like sour grapes from your 'mate', or someone trying to make a name for themself in posting tripe anyone could guess at, whilst being so vague and tenuous it sounds laughable?

No-one needs to send a link of your page anywhere - add some flesh to the bones (no names needed) in describing the situation and the 'bush telegraph' will do the rest.

I'd suggest you give a bit more elaboration though so it doesn't sound like something you'd dreamed up.

I have slept on this situation now and I feel changes still have to be made, we are too vulnerable to be able to absorb a disaster in the shape of a manager who is not yet up to the standard of managing a Premier League team. Thirteen matches in we should be in a more stable and comfortable shape than we are now with the team he had at his disposal. I think Ince will eventually get to Premier League level but at the moment he isn't and as a club this lack of experience is plain to see through the results, the tactical unawareness, his lack of confidence in front of the media, playing players out of position, etc, etc.

John Williams and the board took a calculated risk (not too mention the cheaper option) when they appointed Incey, which now is looking likely to back fire on them, they should (if not already doing so) be assessing the situation and sounding out potential good, experienced replacements whatever the cost, if this is not the case then they are as responsible as he is if we go down...

I honestly wish it had worked out for Ince and at Christmas we could have been looking to build on the teams performance last year, but viewing the season so far I can't see this happening and as I said in the previous locked thread it is our teams future at stake here which is looking to be in jeopardy as each week passes in the new season.

Sorry Mr Ince the buck rests with you so I voted out (reluctantly)

He's been trying to play his game without his players. Yes, he had the summer to find players, but didn't have the head start that he needed in scouting. That being said, I know for a fact that no one on this board knows how much money he had to spend.

:lol::lol:

Yeah right american. :rolleyes: What absolute crap so please tell us just exactly how you know that for a fact cos without naming names I know the exact opposite.

pack this piece of rubbish up, and have it disposed immediately!

This piece of ###### has got such high egos, and i'll bet my head that he will not learn his lessons. Cause he simply thinks he is too outstanding to be required to learn. He will just stick to what he think is correct and will very soon push the blame to his palyers for not following his tactics. He will never be wrong............. and thats the freaking big problem we have with him.

i strongly suggest........... get him out immediately!

Rovers can't afford to be relegated! or else it will take a freaking long time to climb back and start all over again! the time and money invested to attract the stars like emerton, santa cruz, warnock, pederson, etc will all be gone.

10 freaking years to climb back, or even not being able to climb back, due to the lack of finances. so please whoever it is, please just save Rovers, relegation will be too huge a blow to absorb!

I so wanted PI to succeed, a young english manager leading the club forward into the next decade would have been a great figurehead for the club.

However yesterday's game and overall this season has been a complete disaster. I can't imagine the team talk he gave the team at half time. Did he not have any idea that Keane would stick his boot up the sunderland player's backsides and sent them out fired up and raring to go? We came out and strolled around the pitch while they over ran us in every department. PI's selections, formations, tactics and substitutions were baffling. We did play the better in the 1st half but looking back it was because sunderland were so crap, not the fact we were so good. I went into yesterdays game thinking we will win after the mid week cup win (when putting out a weaker side) and got behind the team but 90 mins later it was back to square 1.

He can blame the injuries robbing him of alot of midfielders but i'm questioning the ability of the medical and fitness staff he's employed. Hughes's backroom boys were of the very highest quality and eliminated alot of the hamstring type injuries that are rife at rovers at present. We cannot afford to have so many players missing for 3 or 4 games/weeks at a time at this stage of whats now going to be a very difficult season.

Like others have said, i find it very difficult to believe we are gonna get anything from the next three league games and and am not gonna book my hotel tickets for a league cup final after yesterdays cup draw. IMV By early december we will be bottom and the gap between us and mid table safety will be widening as each week passes.

I still laugh at the people who comment and say 'all we need is a couple of wins and we'll be mid table again'. Where do they think we're gonna pick these points up from playing the way we are? We cant defend and keep clean sheets against the teams who will struggle this season and the big boys are just taking us apart, the only think thats kept the goal tally down against Utd and chelsea has been good goalkeeping and bad finishing.

Can we afford to take the risk of waiting to see in PI turns things around in the next few months? In an ideal world it would be great to have the luxury to give him another few months or even the full season to see what he can do over 38 league matches but the dangers of being relegated for this club are to high. If there were signs that we were a side that just needed a bit of luck to change things around then sure lets give him time but i've seen nothing this season to suggest luck is what we're missing. PI is out of his depth and needs to go.

As for replacements, well thats the tricky thing isn't it. I dont work in football and will happily admit to not having an in depth knowledge of all the available candidates but someone at the club (whose job is football 24/7) must know who's out there and find a guy who can do a better job than PI. Big sam? maybe if it was the big sam who managed Bolton. yes his style of play was what turned me against him getting the job in the first place but at least he knew what he was doing and it worked, unlike PI's seemingly clueless style. I didnt hear many bolton fans complaining when their club of a similar size to us were qualifying for europe without spending much money. But I also cant over look his less than great spell at newcastle.

Hopefully the board can find someone who can get the best out of the players and will bring in a few of their own to keep us up, sorting out the defence and playing as a team again.

On a topic unrelated to PI, what the f*** is going on with our academy? its been 10 years since the likes of Dunn and Duff came through to be regular 1st teamers but who have we had since? The players like gally and derbyshire who are in and out of the team and starting to show they aint gonna make it at this level is all I can think of. How much money has been spent on the academy and how many players have been through there in the last 10 years which has brought no long term reward for the club? We are a club who cant afford massive transfer fees so its vital we get the youngsters coming through but things haven't changed under every manager we've had. Its one and only reason for existing is to create the rovers stars of tomorrow so if its not capable of acheiving its one and only goal then whats the point of having it? a radical overhaul of its set up seems to be in order very soon.

I usually believe in giving a new manager time, but just for once (and with the way this season is shaping-up) I think its time for the board to act decisively and make a change in time for some sensible shopping in January. Too many teams have gone down trying to play good football but with no cutting edge and no organisation, this is beginning to look ominous. Reluctantly, because I wanted him to do a good job, I'd say get rid.

Ince needs to go NOW. If we give him another 3 games a new manager will have no time to assess our needs before the January window.

Yesterday's second half substitutions were an absolute shambles. Nobody seemed to have any idea of what they were supposed to do. If we can't beat no hopers like Sunderland at home we are well and truly on the road to the fizzy pop league and the way Burnley are stringing results together at the moment the unthinkable could happen.

Why don't we open this again for some members to reflect on why they never ended up with a career in HR. :P It makes very interesting reading today.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php?showto...18968&st=40

Lets look on the bright side, at least now we can dispense with the myth that some of the more deluded hold that somehow Paul Ince will have us playing more attractive football! :rolleyes:

I think it was always going to happen, if we had gone for big Sam all would have been OK but JW got influenced with some fans bullyboy antics, and I don't think this type of club would suit a continental manager, we need a manager with good premiership experience and work with a tight budget, it is no good dreaming we could play like a top European club on our funding!

Like so many others on here, Ince was not my first choice for manager. But when he was appointed I was willing to give him my full support and hoped that the gap between managing in the League 2 and the Premiership wasn't as vast as you'd think and the fact that he was inexperienced would not hinder us too much. However over the last couple of games I've begun to become disillusioned with the Paul Ince regime. You look at some of the teams that we've played against at home and you'd think that we would have more than a good chance of picking up three points. But drawing with Hull and Middlesbrough, losing to Sunderland and looking a shambles in so many other games has left us in the position we are now. At this moment in time I couldn't care less if we are playing good football or not, we need to win. Ince seems to have gotten mixed up with his priorities. He keeps talking about how we are playing well, but not getting what we deserve. That may be so and I would look at the Aston Villa game as an example, but Ince should concentrate more on getting a win no matter how we play, instead of playing good football that gets us no where. I can't see us getting anything from our next few games and then where will that leave us? Yes there have been injuries and he hasn't had a chance to build his team, but some of the signings he has made have left a lot to be desired and the results are showing.

If we don't getting anything from the next two games then the board have to act. If a new manager comes in the board have to give him money to spend and stop this chronic lack of funding for players, even when are told how the money from Bentley and the £10 million transfer funds that Hughes had to spend was available for new players. Maybe the way things are going the board are expecting the worst and are saving everything the can for future. The only thing that is certain is that we can't go on like this or the relative period of success under Hughes will be washed away in the space of one season.

I dont think it even needs that.

Rovers only need a manager with know how and common sense, along with a little experience.

Its okay members wanting to give him a further 5 games before making a decision, the fact is should that happen and we lose all 5 we are marooned at the foot of the table.

Bringing in someone who can progress this squad, use the right combinations and spend wisely is clearly the only way forward.

I wont accept the lame excuses offered so far.

I dont agree with the backroom staff of Matthias and Knox.

Ince may well turn out to be a gem in the future, however, as part of his learning process he will get sacked along the way. For me its only a matter of time before it happens at Ewood. That is of course, unless a miracle happens and we get 15 points out of the next 5 games <_<

I wouldnt mind, but after Everton away, I really thought that we had a chance, the reality has set in, we are poor, have poor decision makers and have relegation written all over the club.

not good enough this. the fact that ince cant be bothered to taking the blame, says that he is not worthy of managing this club. i got banned for raising my opinions about ince, and well i was right. i wish the fans living near to ewood would go and make their voices heard. jw needs to leave the nice man tag at home for once and do the right thing, for the sake of all concerned

Up until witnessing Ray Mathias's weak explanation of yesterdays defeat on Football First I thought PI could do a good job given time.

If PI thinks that Mathias reeling off one cliche after another is acceptable then he is not the character I thought he was.

Quote: 'as you said earlier - thats football and its a funny game sometimes' - does not do it for me. What the fulk was 'funny' about yesterdays performance Ray?

I was against other managers in favour of PI's appiontment but now I want anyone capable of keeping us in the Premier League - that still could be PI but I am not so sure now.

The next two fixtures will make or break PI.

God elp us

not good enough this. the fact that ince cant be bothered to taking the blame, says that he is not worthy of managing this club. i got banned for raising my opinions about ince, and well i was right. i wish the fans living near to ewood would go and make their voices heard. jw needs to leave the nice man tag at home for once and do the right thing, for the sake of all concerned

Another person who likes bragging but your right. Ince has got to go NOW!

You are not alone iceman.

Archived