BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Since I've heard from quite a few people that JW looks at this board, and that fan reaction was one of the main reasons he didn't appoint Allardyce, I thought it'd be interesting to have a poll of peoples' opinions.

I was dead against him in the summer but looking back I was wrong. Given the time I know he will save us from relegation. We were all too quick to dismiss him and didn't see the similarities between him and Hughes. Gritty character, with a reputation for getting results despite unattractive football and a few inspired signings - Okocha, Anelka...even Kevin Davies.

When he left Newcastle they were still relatively safely mid table but it was only after he left that they got well into the relegation dogfight.

I only hope he's not been turned off by what happened last time, but I read an interview in The Times and he is chomping at the bit to get back into football. We'd be the perfect fit for him and I'm sure he knows it.

Who's with me?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. You know why? Because it'll be turning our club into an even bigger farce. The fans petition to keep the guy the hell away from Ewood Park and now they're on their hands and knees begging for him back. It's pathetic.

He wouldn't come, he was way too offended by the abuse he got when he was a candidate.

I doubt there's going to be a huge load of jobs available to him, he's got zero profile on the continent and isn't going to want to manage below the Premiership so his only options are Premier League vacancies.

Of those 20 clubs, around half the league plain wouldn't go in for him whatever happened (Big 4, Everton, Villa, Newcastle, Spurs, City), so then he's relying on vacancies opening up at 10-11 Premier League clubs. We're near him, still have some quality in our side, similar sized club to Bolton, there's big room for improvement...

No. You know why? Because it'll be turning our club into an even bigger farce. The fans petition to keep the guy the hell away from Ewood Park and now they're on their hands and knees begging for him back. It's pathetic.

That was a small percentage of Rovers fans though, wasn't it?

Getting relegated and watching our club slide into oblivion against both us and Sam swallowing our pride and working out an arrangement which could be great for us both?

I know what I'd choose.

Sam is not the answer...

What Rovers need is a long term investment manager wise, to just appoint the likes of Sam etc as a short term bandaid for us to stop up is yet again a recipe for disaster.

We need to look at appointing a manager that can nurture the team from the point it is at now to something that will keep building and building each Season that passes.

For that level of management the Rovers Board are going to have to do some serious soul searching and realise if they are that serious about Blackburn Rovers being a top Premier League football team, they are going to have to loosen the purse strings a hell of a lot more than they have these past few years and appoint someone in the league of Mancini / Scolari / Capello's status.

People will say why would they want to come to little old Rovers and my answer to that is "Everyone has a price" and if Rovers could pay that price and invest seriously in the nature that Jack did then we could be a top four team again year in year out.

That was a small percentage of Rovers fans though, wasn't it?

Getting relegated and watching our club slide into oblivion against both us and Sam swallowing our pride and working out an arrangement which could be great for us both?

I know what I'd choose.

It was big enough to sway the chairman's decision.

I still think there are other options than Allardyce.

We should only have this sort of poll when the vacancy has actually happened.

I don't know...if the board have any sense they'll have replacements in mind if and when they remove Ince, meaning we could get an appointment fairly soon afterwards. I would say the majority of the board want Ince out but it's very hard to just call for his head without suggesting possible replacements.

I am with you. All along I though that sam maybe the best person that can do the job. I understand ppl would say he did not play attractive football but hey, at the very least, he give us result. We appointed ince to see beauty soccer. But after 13 to 14 matches, other than everton. I didn't even see the slightest hint for beauty.

I understand at bolton he played direct football but who could blame him? Given the money he had.. I can't see he could attract any player that can play beautiful soccer.

If board is to sack Ince, I would be happy that sam came in. Don't forget, he had lead bolton in top 10 for 3 year consectively.

I don't want Ince and I don't want Sam either!

I think if there is to be a poll, it should list some other potential candidates.

Well we're gonna have that anyway if (when) Ince gets removed.

But I remember there was a similar poll on BFS when Hughes left and it was overwhelmingly against, I think it'd be interesting to see how many have changed their minds as I've seen a few others post similar thoughts to mine.

I was one of the people who voted against Sam taking over, and i maintain their are better options then him out there!

What i will say now though is the worst think Williams can do is sack Ince and replace him with another inexperienced manager.

We need to bring in a manager with experience...

Alan Curbishley

Since I've heard from quite a few people that JW looks at this board, and that fan reaction was one of the main reasons he didn't appoint Allardyce, I thought it'd be interesting to have a poll of peoples' opinions.

I was dead against him in the summer but looking back I was wrong. Given the time I know he will save us from relegation. We were all too quick to dismiss him and didn't see the similarities between him and Hughes. Gritty character, with a reputation for getting results despite unattractive football and a few inspired signings - Okocha, Anelka...even Kevin Davies.

When he left Newcastle they were still relatively safely mid table but it was only after he left that they got well into the relegation dogfight.

I only hope he's not been turned off by what happened last time, but I read an interview in The Times and he is chomping at the bit to get back into football. We'd be the perfect fit for him and I'm sure he knows it.

Who's with me?

I would prefer Alan Curbishley over Big Fat Sam - though at the moment I would prefer either over Ince

We should only have this sort of poll when the vacancy has actually happened.

May happen Monday

Archived