BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

Ya Curbishley seems so like the kind of person that can pull a team out of the dumps...

And please no West Ham examples, cause that was purely and solely CARLOS TEVEZ.

We don't have Carlos Tevez, but we do have money for a new striker, as well as one of the best strikers in the league.

We just need a manager who can access his goals...

Curbs is the man!

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ill take Big Sam right now.

Curbishley isnt the kind of guy I see taking this club forward.

If we arent going to go all out for the BEST MAN, including continental Europe, then Id go with someone like Big Sam.

I dont mind the idea. In fact I like him. He has charisma. He gets his teams to play for him, and come on, when was the last time Blackburn Rovers played "sexy football"? In fact most of us would settle for the Bruise Boys of Hughes' first season right now.

No chance, I'm sure we'd get the usual 3 win streak like most teams do when a new gaffer takes charge midway through a season, but long term it's not a good plan.

The fact of the matter is, we were the second lowest spenders over the summer, and are second lowest in the league. Hmmm co-incidence? No, I think not. Sooner or later the lack of investment was always going to catch up with us, well I think it's safe to say it has.

I would rather have Alan Curbishley than Sam Allardyce but both could probably do better than what we are experiencing at the moment. Can't think of any other free candidates off the top of my head but there must be other managers out there who would be willing to roll their sleeves up and show a bit of fight to get us out of this mess.

I would take any other manager than Ince with his current self destruct pigheaded stance over the club and players.

He is so far out of his depth he is slowly and surely eroding his good reputation that he began in the lower echelons of the football league.

For me Sam before Curbs

Options?

Like who?

Curbishley, never struck me as a manager who would make a "difference" or stand out with his teams. He is the kind of manager who will quietly take you to about 15th in the league. Wont play the best football, but wont play the worst. Is honest and has respect. You just cant see him taking a team to Europe for instance.

For me between all domestic managers, considering our circumstances, the fact that we have little or no money, the area, and the club history and background, it would be Allardyce. Its the least risky choice.

Why? Curbs got CAFC relegated and then damned near did the same at WHU. Can't rem ...did he ever get a team into Europe?

With Charlton, he took them from a Division 1 team/Championship team and brought them into the Premier League. Only reason he could not maintain their position was because their board wouldnt allow him to update his squad... Not to mention the pressure he was under with regard to Darren Bent...

Yeah and he nearly got West Ham relegated. He joined and they won 7 games out of 9 to keep them up... But dont let the facts get in your way? :lol::rolleyes:

Definitely not Curbishley, I'd rather give Ince to the end of the season.

Possibly the most stupid comment i have read on here in ages...? :lol:

On one hand, what could you have possibly seen in Ince to make you want him to stay on till the end of the season?!

On the other, what has Curbs done to warrant not being considered. I seem to remember him saving West Ham last season from near certain relegation. Not to mention the 4-1 drubbing he+West Ham gave us at the start of the season!

king kenny/big col, newell or shearer.

And that is when I remember there is no point arguing with you.....

Replace an inexperienced manager with somebody more inexperienced or somebody who has been out of the game for 10 years.

That really is thinking "outside of the box"

lol

And that is when I remember there is no point arguing with you.....

Replace an inexperienced manager with somebody more inexperienced or somebody who has been out of the game for 10 years.

That really is thinking "outside of the box"

lol

aye hes crap is king kenny we would never win anything with him would we....how is KK less experienced than ince?

king kenny with big col or mr n or shearer.If thats not better than ince well i know nowt then.

aye hes crap is king kenny we would never win anything with him would we....how is KK less experienced than ince?

king kenny with big col or mr n or shearer.If thats not better than ince well i know nowt then.

I think the point people are trying to make, or at the very least i am trying to make is KK (Kenny) has probably got a lacking in understanding of current players and the processes of the club.

If we are going to bring someone in it needs to be someone who has at least been in management 8 years in the top flight, and has not been sacked on numerous occasions due to poor performances...

Curbs was sacked being he had bust ups with the owners and didnt like how the clubs, both West Ham and Charlton were being run...

He has a excellent knowledge of players. Knows what tactics to use at what time. Knows what players are best used in what positions. Knows who needs to be subbed on/off the field at the right time!

He is the best choice along with Dick Advocaat etc...

John Williams needs to get it through his head, that it is to costly the wreck half a season teaching a new young manager how to manage in the premier league. Hughes needs to be considered a one off. We need a experienced manager right now, if we are going to be expected to stay in the Premier League...

Archived