BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Seeing as no-one else will start one off, I've had enough searching through 5 or 6 topics to find posts from our own personal journalist.

Please tell us about the transfers that will shake the football world to its foundations on this thread, Nicko.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seeing as no-one else will start one off, I've had enough searching through 5 or 6 topics to find posts from our own personal journalist.

Please tell us about the transfers that will shake the football world to its foundations on this thread, Nicko.

brilliant idea - shame its already cluttered by chit chat hence defeating the object of your post

and yes, i do realise the irony of what i am writing (cluttering the thread further...)

isn't the idea that every user can read & share the info

otherwisenicko will have 2000 pm's a day

Because otherwise we'll just get what you described. Another cluttered topic with people frantically looking for nicko tidbits.

This topic really, really isn't needed.

If nicko has transfer rumours regarding ourselves, we have a topic for that. If it's about other Premiership teams we have a topic for that also. I don't understand how lumping everything in here helps anyone, it just becomes a mess with several different topics being discussed at once, with a silly amount of posts every day.

This topic really, really isn't needed.

If nicko has transfer rumours regarding ourselves, we have a topic for that. If it's about other Premiership teams we have a topic for that also. I don't understand how lumping everything in here helps anyone, it just becomes a mess with several different topics being discussed at once, with a silly amount of posts every day.

Because Nicko's thread was the best and only thread worth reading whilst he was posting all his info on his own thread. Surely he deserves such a thread.

In my opinion 95% of the other rumours is rubbish.

Have one thread for Nicko, being the only one most of us will read, and one thread for poster's favourite Champ Man players and other journo's rumours.

I sometimes dont have the time to look through 6 threads trying to find where Nicko has posted and making sure I havent missed one.

What is the problem with having one decent thread ?

This topic become so unreadable in the summer that there had to be a 'news ticker' pinned at the top of the forum, but only a handful of people were prepared to contribute to it and it eventually fell behind. Trying to get any sense out of nicko's thread became impossible. The problem is that people will ask nicko a million and one different questions here, it won't just be transfer rumours.

Still, I suppose the advantage of nicko's thread is that it will keep all the morons* that will temporarily reside here in January in one place, rather than polluting them across the board.

*Not a reference to anyone here, I don't believe any of them that posted last summer have resurfaced yet.

I thought the messageboard had got back to something like how it used to be recently. Quite why Nicko (or anyone else) has to be treated as a special case and have his own thread is beyond me. Can he not simply post in the appropriate thread, or start a new one if necessary, just like the rest of us do?

I thought the messageboard had got back to something like how it used to be recently. Quite why Nicko (or anyone else) has to be treated as a special case and have his own thread is beyond me. Can he not simply post in the appropriate thread, or start a new one if necessary, just like the rest of us do?

Surprise surprise...

Because otherwise we have "Nicko-teens" in every thread asking him things and then we'll have 100 "Nickos threads".

While I very much value Nicko's contributions, I'm inclined to agree. It was great over the summer reading what he had to say, but his thread became simply unreadable. I'm sure the guy won't mind picking and choosing the appropriate threads relevant to what he has to say and post it there.

It's very frustrating reading God knows how many pages of 'are we signing this player, Nicko?'.

Archived