BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's January Rumour Mill

Brownie

Thats exactly the point. If Nicko posts in different thread then you get all them lot from the Summer in every thread taking them all off topic. Scott is right, it's outside of the posting guidelines, but it's the lesser of two evils.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a shame there can't be a separate off-shoot BRFCS.co.uk site, on a separate server, which is just for Nicko talk, never mind separate thread. In the Summer the influx of Nickophiles - including non-Rovers fans - just kept crashing the site.

Thats exactly the point. If Nicko posts in different thread then you get all them lot from the Summer in every thread taking them all off topic. Scott is right, it's outside of the posting guidelines, but it's the lesser of two evils.

On the other hand, if he posts in different threads there could be a greater chance of thread hijacking.

People will arrive regardless of where he posts. It's a case of having one thread to accommodate him or having several threads dragged off topic by Nickoteens.

Hilarious...not even my idea...yet the screamers are out already.

Funny that people who don't want to hear any news are the first to butt in and get their dresses in a fankle.

Tells me so much...that I knew already.

Brownie, pal, you have a lot to answer for.

Funny that people who don't want to hear any news are the first to butt in and get their dresses in a fankle.

Is that the first hint nicko?

On the other hand, if he posts in different threads there could be a greater chance of thread hijacking.

People will arrive regardless of where he posts. It's a case of having one thread to accommodate him or having several threads dragged off topic by Nickoteens.

Wasn't that what I just said :lol:

I dont understand people moaning about this thread!

If you dont like reading it..........Dont read it, Its as simple as that!

It was a good thread last time in my opinion! If i didnt like it id avoid it!

Nicko doesnt have to give us info, just like we dont have to read it!

I don't think it helps to keep the thread readable when you have pages of people debating the merits of having a Nicko Thread.

I'm not sure how the admins/other mods wish to proceed this time round but if this is to remain open then all the crap must be cut outto make it readable! (emphasis on you guys not to make pointless posts and us to remove them)

Because otherwise we have "Nicko-teens" in every thread asking him things and then we'll have 100 "Nickos threads".

I'm not sure that's true though is it? Nicko's been posting in separate threads for a while now and it seems to be working ok. A single thread will just become as unreadable as it was in the summer - every time you logged onto the site there was at least 10 pages to wade through.

Incidentally, it's interesting that some people have taken my post to be some sort of pop at Nicko, even the great man himself it would seem, when it clearly wasn't anything of the sort.

I'm not sure that's true though is it? Nicko's been posting in separate threads for a while now and it seems to be working ok. A single thread will just become as unreadable as it was in the summer - every time you logged onto the site there was at least 10 pages to wade through.

I don't think we can realistically expect that to last once the transfer window opens, which judging by the title of the thread was Brownie's reason for starting this.

I don't think it helps to keep the thread readable when you have pages of people debating the merits of having a Nicko Thread.

I'm not sure how the admins/other mods wish to proceed this time round but if this is to remain open then all the crap must be cut outto make it readable! (emphasis on you guys not to make pointless posts and us to remove them)

Here Here!

So Nicko can you start silly season with any transfer rumours youve heard?

Sam been watching anyone in case he got a job?

Theres going to be alot of cash spent this january hope we dont get swamped!

Because Nicko's thread was the best and only thread worth reading whilst he was posting all his info on his own thread. Surely he deserves such a thread.

In my opinion 95% of the other rumours is rubbish.

Have one thread for Nicko, being the only one most of us will read, and one thread for poster's favourite Champ Man players and other journo's rumours.

I sometimes dont have the time to look through 6 threads trying to find where Nicko has posted and making sure I havent missed one.

What is the problem with having one decent thread ?

Nice one Brownie - No problem what so ever with having a thread for Nicko - if people do not want to read what Nicko has written - then don't click on it. It will a thread you have no need to open.

Other people would like to read what Nicko has to said and will theefore click on it. Fairly simple in my view. But for those who do not want the thread - great don't visit it and don't post on it - after all you have said you are not interested.

Some people would like to read what is being reported or speculated in the media and therefore having Nicko's own thread makes it easier to fid his posts. Just as there is a thread for all those who like computer consoles etc.

While I very much value Nicko's contributions, I'm inclined to agree. It was great over the summer reading what he had to say, but his thread became simply unreadable. I'm sure the guy won't mind picking and choosing the appropriate threads relevant to what he has to say and post it there.

It's very frustrating reading God knows how many pages of 'are we signing this player, Nicko?'.

I must admit I looked forward to the late update news most evenings - this helped to get away from the rest of the drivial.

Must say that I like your news items Alan. I find them informative and thought provoking. But I can do without all the girly screams from those on school holiday 'ooh tell us some news nicko please please please' I admit that you have a high degree of accuracy but the downside of that is that like most journo's I guess you have also developed a total refusal to admit to ever getting anything wrong. :P

Must say that I like your news items Alan. I find them informative and thought provoking. But I can do without all the girly screams from those on school holiday [i]'ooh tell us some news nicko please please please' [/i] I admit that you have a high degree of accuracy but the downside of that is that like most journo's I guess you have also developed a total refusal to admit to ever getting anything wrong. :P

Lets be honest thenodrog - the mods could delete all those 'girly sreams' if they wanted to, which would make for a better thread for everybody.

the mods could delete all those 'girly sreams' if they wanted to

We deleted loads last time and then get plenty of "where's my post gone" posts and pm's about it. So your then spending most of your social time deleting post after post. :wacko:

The best way of making it readable is self control, think if your post will add anything to the topic, if it doesn't then don't post it. :rover:

We deleted loads last time and then get plenty of "where's my post gone" posts and pm's about it. So your then spending most of your social time deleting post after post. :wacko:

The best way of making it readable is self control, think if your post will add anything to the topic, if it doesn't then don't post it. :rover:

Totally agree - cannot be easy for you lot having to delete this and that post and then getting the moans for doing so. I think one thing that did appeal not so long ago was Nicko's 10 o'clock update.

Maybe a Nicko's update thread may make things slightly easier on you.

Archived