BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Xbox 360/ Internet Connection

My mate has a 360 and also has the internet on one of those usb sticks. (Dongle I think some people know them as)

Now i dont have a 360 so I thought it best to ask you guys. Can you play online when using one of these connections? If so how do you set it all up? Is it just a case of plugging it in and play?

He will have to shell out for a official wireless adapter. If you shop around you can find them for around £50 which is still a rip off for what it is. Then to play games online he will need to sign up for Gold Membership, another £30ish.

I got mine from Currys with free 12 month subscription to Live, not sure if they still this deal.

Another way is to connect the Xbox to a Laptop with a wireless capability, using a standard RJ45 Cable and bridge the connection between the Xbox and the computer, thus sharing the laptops internet connection. Have a search on Youtube for videos that show step be step guide.

• 1 year later...

He will have to shell out for a official wireless adapter. If you shop around you can find them for around £50 which is still a rip off for what it is. Then to play games online he will need to sign up for Gold Membership, another £30ish.

I got mine from Currys with free 12 month subscription to Live, not sure if they still this deal.

Another way is to connect the Xbox to a Laptop with a wireless capability, using a standard RJ45 Cable and bridge the connection between the Xbox and the computer, thus sharing the laptops internet connection. Have a search on Youtube for videos that show step be step guide.

Rather than faffing around with wireless, I've become an advocate of HomePlug.

Get yourself something like these. Plug one into the power near you Xbox, the other into the power near your router, plug in two short networking cable and all your data gets routed over you house power lines, now messing around with wifi or running miles of cat 5 cable.

Archived