BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Songs

Hughesy

!

But I think it'll be more along the lines of: VILLLLLANUEVVVA *bang bang-bang bang* VILLLLANUEVVVA *bang bang-bang bang*....

Best song by a country mile :rover:

Whose the rock of our back four

Nelsen Nelsen

The opposition score no more

Nelsen Nelsen

He's 6ft 3 got spikey hair

his teeth are f*cked but we don't care (OR..Hes never scored but we don't care)

Ryan Nelsen Rovers' Centre half

Edited by Roar of the Rover

One for Bentley, but can't think of a good ending... (sung to he's got the whole world in his hands)

He's a life long United fan,

he's a life long Tottenham fan,

he's a life long Blackburn fan,

but don't let Bentley bet.

Not great, but I tested it on a spurs fan at work and it wound him up...

Hughesy, am I right in saying that you sit/stand in the top corner of the BBE Lower? No offence but songs won't wash on this board because we're all scattered around the stadium. If anything, it's the group at the top-corner of the BBE lower that these songs needs to be discussed with if there's ANY chance of them getting sung.

Maybe we should create a thread for each stand for example Blackburn End Stand Lower thread or Riverside Stand Darwen end thread etc, this could draw the attention of members who are seated in those stands who may not trawl through all the threads on this site. The threads wouldn't just have to be about making songs etc they could be used to discuss any incidents that happen in that stand.

I sit in the riverside near the DE so I'd have plenty to moan about.

Edited by 4ever&ever

Maybe we should create a thread for each stand for example Blackburn End Stand Lower thread or Riverside Stand Darwen end thread etc, this could draw the attention of members who are seated in those stands who may not trawl through all the threads on this site. The threads wouldn't just have to be about making songs etc they could be used to discuss any incidents that happen in that stand.

I sit in the riverside near the DE so I'd have plenty to moan about.

Do you mean moaning about away fans?

As far as noise and singing, I sit in the Riverside near the DE and it's always a good atmosphere. I know the Riverside gets some stick 'coz your only a 'real Rovers fan' if you sit in the Blackburn end, but the area I sit makes as much noice as anywhere!

It may have bad associations but we should be singing "he's got a pineapple on his head" to Carlos Villanueva.

It has to be done, we might want to adapt some lyrics to make it a bit more positive though!

Funny thing is weeks ago when I first heard about him and was telling my friend about him I couldn't remember his name off hand, told my friend were signing a bloke known as pineapple head and he thought we were signing Jason Lee, haha I wish!

Don't think i'd be able to re-create her whiney little voice.

Yeh that would definitely pose a few problems.

We do this every season and some of the suggestions are excellent (Santa Cruz is coming to town) but it never happens! In fact the last one we all got behind was Shearer Wonderland.

Anybody got any suggestions to make it work?

Maybe something on the PA system before the kick off (with a little help from Rovers)

We do this every season and some of the suggestions are excellent (Santa Cruz is coming to town) but it never happens! In fact the last one we all got behind was Shearer Wonderland.

Anybody got any suggestions to make it work?

Maybe something on the PA system before the kick off (with a little help from Rovers)

Santa Cruz is coming to town was pretty regular away from home. Maybe there's more chance at home this season now the drummer's hung up his sticks.

We used to have great songs in the 80's and 90's.

I think we should go back to this one. I've never heard any other club sing it either ( or Rovers for over 10 years)

Its called 'Sweet Molly Malone;'

In Dublin's fair city

where the girls are so pretty

I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone

As she wheeled her wheelbarrow

Thru' the streets short and narrow

Crying ;.........Rovers........Rovers.......Rovers

We won the league in 95

we won the league in 95

We won the league, won the title

we won he leaugue in 95.

We're going to chase the B***** B*******ds

Down by the Riverside

Down by the riverside

R-O-V-E-R-S

Blackburn Rovers are the best

With a nic,nac padywac

Give the dog a bone

Why Don't B......... F*** off home!

She wore, She wore, She Wore a Navy ribbon

She wore a Navy Ribbon in the merry month of may

& When I asked her why she wore that ribbon

She said its for the Rovers cos we ******** hate Burnley

Hate Burnley

Hate Burnley

we're the famous Blackburn rovers

& we ******** hate burnley.

Get singing

Do you mean moaning about away fans?

As far as noise and singing, I sit in the Riverside near the DE and it's always a good atmosphere. I know the Riverside gets some stick 'coz your only a 'real Rovers fan' if you sit in the Blackburn end, but the area I sit makes as much noice as anywhere!

Na, I meant the fact that there is only one person able to serve beers at the back at the DE of the stand, surely they are losing out on money as this puts lots of people of queing through half time.

The atmosphere isn't to bad were we sit but it certainly could be improved.

I think the atmosphere in the Riverside is Ok, I have my season ticket up in the back corner of N01 in the BBE and a couple of times last season I could hear a couple of chants start up in there. I have only ever sat in the Riverside once when we beat Citeh in the Quarters a couple of season's back (just so I had sat in all area's of the ground) and I must say if I hadn't had my ST where I am now I would of been seriously tempted on giving the Riverside a try but my seats are prity near perfect if you ask me so its a no-go! This season is going to be the best chance of getting some songs going with the drummer hanging up his sticks but it is going to need us to be persistant with the songs until they catch on as many have just got used to the one-liners over the drummer years. :rover:

Rovers fans don't really like long songs, as we found out last year when the whole santa cruz song got shortened to simply 'Santa cruz is coming to town'.

Hence my suggestion for Villanueva of "it's just like watching youtube!"

I still think Nelsen should be given the old colin hendry "Ooh Ryan Nelsen" simple and to the point bit like him :blink:

As for others we need some more club songs rather than necassarily player related.

I also recall someone asking for the lyrics to Nor Nay Never:

the shortened and common version is:

There's an alehouse in Burnley I used to frequent,

I met Owen Coyle his money was spent,

He asked me to pay,

I answered him nay,

'Cos we hate Burnley b******* till my dying day,

And its Nor Nay Never, bang bang bang bang,

Nor Nay Never no more,

Will we play Burnley b******* till my dying day. (contrary to popular belief it is not Till we play... this simply would not make sense as the translation would read:

No Not ever,

Till we play burnley.

No we dont, until we do?? therefore it is Nor Nay Never, WILL WE PLAY

Rovers fans don't really like long songs, as we found out last year when the whole santa cruz song got shortened to simply 'Santa cruz is coming to town'.

Hence my suggestion for Villanueva of "it's just like watching youtube!"

I still think Nelsen should be given the old colin hendry "Ooh Ryan Nelsen" simple and to the point bit like him :blink:

As for others we need some more club songs rather than necassarily player related.

I also recall someone asking for the lyrics to Nor Nay Never:

the shortened and common version is:

There's an alehouse in Burnley I used to frequent,

I met Owen Coyle his money was spent,

He asked me to pay,

I answered him nay,

'Cos we hate Burnley b******* till my dying day,

And its Nor Nay Never, bang bang bang bang,

Nor Nay Never no more,

Will we play Burnley b******* till my dying day. (contrary to popular belief it is not Till we play... this simply would not make sense as the translation would read:

No Not ever,

Till we play burnley.

therefore it is Nor Nay Never, WILL WE PLAY

Its NO :rolleyes:

Lets just let Billy boy bang his drum eh........good god!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194