BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

7 May 1988

I have the ticket - still complete!!

Not sure why I ended up not going - it was my 18th Birthday - think it had something with people chickening out and was left going on my own.

Always enjoyed trips to the Den for the run the gauntlet except for a game with an unknown Mr Sheringham at the time.

I have the ticket - still complete!!

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

4-1 to the Rovers.

Their fans invade the pitch fronting right in front of us and gave us a nice round of applause if i remember rightly - pussy cats :rolleyes:

That was the season they got promoted with the likes of Sheringham, Jimmy Carter, Terry Hurlock etc..

Happy Days !

• 11 months later...

Garner's breakaway goal just after half time is just about my favourite Rovers memory.

Great when you know it's in when it passes keeper on edge of box and hear it hit the net.

Similar to Shearer's goal as a sub at Ncl in 93/94 but more important.

Nicky Reid left the pitch in his crackers.

Edited by smithsblue

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Anyone remember the coins pinging off the floodlight pylons at our end, and those who travelled by train were ferried to London Bridge Station (not sure why that one) in police personnel carriers after the game. Bizarre! I went to every away game that season as I was out of action with a torn cruciate ligament...we had a really good away record as I recall, and often came from a goal down to win 2-1 (or is my memory playing tricks?)

• 2 months later...

I lived in Greenwich and went to The (New) Den on a few occasions. Millwall are a bit like a 'second' team for me. First game of football I ever watched (on the tele) was Millwall v Norwich in 88. They lost 2-3 with a last minute Norwich goal. I was entranced by Cold Blow Lane and the atmosphere there.

Weird they took you to London Bridge, as it's just down the road.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.