BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Accrington Stanley

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were plenty of buckets between the BBE and the DE-The birds at the BBE were good marketing for Stanley-Not too sure if I would have chipped in if the collectors had been fat skinheads with Swastika tatts on their foreheads.

Counted around four pairs of collectors near the ground.

Do they even have a business plan? Racking up £308,000 in tax arrears suggest to me that they don't, or at least not very well.

Stanley refused to sell Paul Mullin, their highest paid player, to Morecambe to raise additional funds. Whoever has donated to Stanley has effectively been paying a tiny fraction of this player's wage, who really should have been shipped out already.

You keep missing the point.

There were a bunch of wide boys in charge but they are gone.

The new board is trying to rescue the club.

Yeh some people need to get the facts straight before they go round being so arrogant

Accys sponsor went bust, so that pretty much wrecked their business plan. Most teams would struggle without a main sponsor and Stanley aren't exactly flushed with cash

You'd actually be surprised just how much FE put into Accy Stanley - I know as was an employee. Im sure it was a big hit, but they did get a lot of other stuff that 'made up' the total sponsorship value (free official team coach for every game etc).

I'm a bit disgusted with the attitude of many people on here. If Rovers and Burnley had not stolen most of their support they would not be in all this trouble. If you walk around Accy. all you see are Burnley and Rovers shirts (and some scum shirts sported by the glory hunters). Perhaps we owe them something. Manchester United never did anything to help anybody but themselves so perhaps it's up to us to at least give them a game. It doesn't cost a fortune.

I'm a bit disgusted with the attitude of many people on here. If Rovers and Burnley had not stolen most of their support they would not be in all this trouble. If you walk around Accy. all you see are Burnley and Rovers shirts (and some scum shirts sported by the glory hunters). Perhaps we owe them something. Manchester United never did anything to help anybody but themselves so perhaps it's up to us to at least give them a game. It doesn't cost a fortune.

We are giving them a game? I don't agree with the 'help your local teams and support them' as Burnley are as close to me and I would not help them either. My loyalty lies with BRFC and that is is. Stanley have the money offered to them by Mr Khan and that has come from someone close to the club - why do they not want it? your guess is as good as mine.

Club full of corrupt fixing ex-players and dodgy Scousers.

I agree that we should at least do something to help Stanley. They have suffered from the credit crunch and were unlucky with the loss of their sponsor. The loss was not just the loss of money, their coaches had to be paid for following the loss so this impacts upon cash flow. However, once the help has been given and they are saved, the new owners need to ensure that they work within their budgets and not spend more than they can guarantee.

I agree that we should at least do something to help Stanley. They have suffered from the credit crunch and were unlucky with the loss of their sponsor. The loss was not just the loss of money, their coaches had to be paid for following the loss so this impacts upon cash flow. However, once the help has been given and they are saved, the new owners need to ensure that they work within their budgets and not spend more than they can guarantee.

They are not suffering from the 'credit crunch' but from bad management.

How the board can line their own pockets yet not pay the tax man is beyond me.

I've received a new tax code this financial year, meaning I must pay more tax due to an internal mistake made by the inland revenue having wrongly calculated my company car/fuel card tax over the last 3 years. Anybody want to help me make up the difference?

Personally, I think some of the posters on this thread are either, under 19, or from out of the area. Accrington Stanley's problem is that they got promoted too fast. They are running a professional Football League club on a semi professional footing. Mr. Whalley, Mr. Coleman, and their fans did an admirable job, by getting their club mobilised, and fair play to 'em. Some of the vitriol on this thread, makes me think of the Rovers in the '80's, when Bill fox hid from the milkman, cos he couldn't pay the invoice. What would you expect, in this day and age, when a journeyman footballer can earn 20 grand a week quite easily? A bit of help? We got help, can't you remember?

I can remember Newport County, & Aldershot, and recently Darwen, and Great Harwood folding, and none made me smile. Some may realise a club with 1500 supporters is just as important to a town, as is a club who won the league to another. I for one will hope Stanley pull through, and I'm sure Stanley fans will appreciate the Rovers, no matter what.

^^^^^ has been my point for a while (but not necessarily on here). they worked so hard to get back into the football league after going bust, that they may go bust again after getting back into the football league cos it is so expensive to run a football club these days.

but this is not the first time some thing like this has happened, and im sure other clubs and there fans helped them out last time, there will be a time when everyone says, "we helped you out last time, you should have learnt, your on your own."

If our club gets in trouble then I fully expect Manchester United to bail us out for 'stealing' most of our support :blink:

Read my post. I said that Manchester United never did anything for anybody except themselves. I would expect nothing.

Which makes me think that you're the one from out of the area. I think Stanley have much more affinity with Burnley than Rovers.

Maybe from Salford? Bob Lord and Burnley put Stanley out of business in the first place. I wouldn't think there would be a lot of love lost there.

Curious to see what the crowd will be like on the 17th for Accy, considering they play the day before the derby. Those who are concerned about their well-being should get down to that match.

Thinking about popping over if we're up on time, just to hit another off on my ground list.

I seriously hope we don't get any injuries from this - reserves or not.

For Christ's sake you miserable sod. I'll bet you are the one that puts washers in the collection plate every Sunday. Just stay in Salford and let us locals give a bit of help to our locals in trouble.

Keep your hair on. All I'm saying is I'd rather not risk our players in a mid-season friendly match.

Do you want them to train?

If so - how do you want them to train? By running round plastic discs?

Archived