BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Other Pl Happenings 2009/10

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again looks as though money as over ridden common sense! Why else would an England international who plays regularly want to leave a club in Europe to join a club who finished 4 places below them in the league and are not in Europe. At least Kaka had the sense to not think about his wage packet when he rejected them in January.

Obviously Arsenal and Liverpool were not interested cos surely he would have gone to one of them if he had the choice. Wonder why they didn't get involved after all the furore last summer?

Also not PL related but dunno where else to put it and seeing as I mentioned Kaka, just flashed up on BBC website that Real Madrid have supposedly signed Kaka for £56million!

The Barry ambition has been outed, MONEY over SUCCESS, typical of todays greedy footballer.

As for Tugay, He has been promised a job here afte he learns his trade I think Sam was quoted on the run up to the final home game.

Rovers simply cannot afford to acocmodate him as an extra member of staff yet, maybe he will return better for the experience but he will go with a warning, HUGHES doesnt mind how he treats his backroom staff, ask Tony Parkes :angry:

Nice little tale coming out of Chelsea.

A few months ago, one of the staff at Chelsea was approached by a "reporter" and was asked (for payment) if they could get the hands on pay slips of Frank Lampard, John Terry and other big earning stars for clearly obvious reasons.

The matter was reported through the correct channels within the club and the "reporter" was set up and subsequently sacked for their troubles. I dont know what paper he was linked to or who else was behind the "story".

This week the member of staff was "thanked" for his openess, integrity and honesty and received a bonus from the 1st team squad in the form of a "gratuity payment" and gift. Allegedly a decent sum of money totalling FIVE FIGURES and a brand spanking new motor car in the form of a BENTLEY !!

Nice bonus if you ask me :rolleyes:

Kaka gone to Real Madrid, Barry gone to City. Hardly worth putting in the same sentence but the silly season has started early this year!

Glad Kaka isn't as mercenary as Barry then. It's bad enough to hear that Tugay is going to City.

Good luck to the guy but I'd be lying if I said I was happy about it.

Even with money on their side, I think Villa are nearer to cracking the big 4 then City are, certainly in the next season or two anyhow. Throw in no european football, and the odds on that Hughes will get sacked without significant success, and it's looking a very strange move for Barry. I dare say his wage packet will soften the blow.

As for the Tugs thing, much as I'd love him to be at our club in some capacity, I'm not sure how effective he will be as a coach. I'm uncertain whether his genius can actually be taught/transferred to other players in any great amount. Anyhow legend that he is I can't see the mega buck signings of City taking too much heed of him.

I'm not sure if the Barry move can be seen purely as a financially motivated one. If he has been assured that City will be spending this summer then they have a far better chance of going somewhere than Villa. Throw one or two more very good players into that squad and they start to look a bit serious. They won't be challenging for the title or anything, but they'll have a much better chance of finishing in the top 4.

I'm not sure if the Barry move can be seen purely as a financially motivated one. If he has been assured that City will be spending this summer then they have a far better chance of going somewhere than Villa. Throw one or two more very good players into that squad and they start to look a bit serious. They won't be challenging for the title or anything, but they'll have a much better chance of finishing in the top 4.

Agreed. I think Man City will finish ahead of Villa next season.

To be fair though, their starting 11 is starting to look much stronger, especially if you compare them to Villa.

---------Given------------

Onouha--Richards--Dunne--Bridge (Thanks for reminder)

------------------------------------

SWP---Barry---Ireland---Petrov

-----------------------------------

-----Bellamy---Robinho-------

Subs: Hart, Caciedo, Kompany, De Jong, Bojinov

They now need to add probably 2 quality attackers, another midfielder and a couple of quality defenders (and iv heard rumours SAMBA is very high up their defensive target list - Nicko have you heard anything???). Villa on the other hand have had 2 massive blows in the loss of Barry & Laursen.

I think Barry is fantastic signing for Hughes, for me he really is a class act and would get in both Man Utd's and Arsenal's midfield.

I dont blame Barry for going next season City have a greater chance of breaking the top 4 than Villa, losing Laursen is a massive blow for them.

City just need a couple of centre halves and a striker and they are set for a good season.

Maybe - but you see my point. A very strong 16 or so players. If they can add another 5 of real quality then there is no doubt they should do better than Villa & Everton next time round.

They also have Wayne Bridge. Good left-back, and City are looking stronger and stronger, but the question on everyone's lips right now...Is Mark Hughes the right man to take them forward??

City will end up a bit like Spuds in my opinion, have some top quality players in their squad but don't really work together has a team. Also isn't Bridge the left-back you missed off the starting 11?

Looks like Hughes has played 4-5-1 in his time at City so I don't expect that to change. They need a main centre forward in my opinion because Bellamy is likely to miss a number of games in a full season. Let's just hope it's not Roque they come after.

Archived