BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kenwyne Jones is IMO a very viable option. As Nicko said earlier, ticks a lot of boxes. The right style of player, Prem experience, young & has pace. I think that in all fairness even at 24 when he's fit hes a consderably better player than Jason Roberts. The question marks hang over his ability to stay fit, his descision making in the box & his finishing. The latter 2 can be worked on and improved, which would add to resale value, unfortunately I think once a player gets a bad injury, it does one of 2 things, has an adverse effect on their style of play, or they sometimes suffer from re-occurancies and/or knock on effects from the injury.

I think he's worth a look at the right money & after watching the interview with Sam, I reckon he might have allready started sounding it out (maybe Bruce has told him he has can have a go if Sunderland get the new forward line - Bent & Crouch).

Could be a good move, I've allways thought he has the ability, in particular his first season was excellent. If he turns out to be our main move, I would be very happy, I suppose its down to the chaps at Ewood to deal it up & do some good business... We will see, but im sure this type of signing is what Sam really wants!!! :D

Benni McDonalds Mk II?

:lol:

Whatever. Let the manager get on with it. These transfer windows are so bloody miserable and yet I'm drawn to this thread like a moth to a floodlight. I blame FIFA for their stupid transfer windows (brought in for what exactly?! To keep the spending down? That's worked a treat hasn't it) and the idiots who invented the internet.

It was all so much easier when the national papers never reported on Rovers and Peter White would keep you in the dark until signings were all done and dusted. And it was two quid on the Blackburn End. A season. And people renewed their season tickets by actually going to the club. And we were brilliant / crap all the time, with Noel, Faz, Garns and Sean Curry and although it mattered like hell we weren't suicidal because of the bloody transfer window and close season.

Now I have to suffer us being linked to a bi-sexual Italian sumo wrestler, a host of foreign players from a computer game who for all I know are as good as Corrado Grabbi, Spurs 4th choice striker, John Carew who turned us down 14 years ago AND Fat Kev. All for millions and millions of pounds, Whilst suffering being told that the end is nigh, the Trustees aren't putting a penny in and we have given the entire ground to burnley on a day yet to be confirmed sometime in October.

Football. Isn't it? Marvellous.

Five weeks to go is it?

I was talking about Total Football.

My mistake.

nicko - I appreciate he's a mate of yours and everything and in all fairness he does come across as a decent sort - but Coyle unfortunately has aligned himself with the Dark Side. An unpleasant bunch of (insert own expletive) at the best of times. I personally don't care to read about them on a Blackburn Rovers thread on a Blackburn Rovers SUPPORTERS messageboard. I can just about tolerate some input from one or two of that lot on the burnley promotion thread but that's as far as it should go.

Now let's get back to the usual transfer crap - otherwise you'll have the '74 Dutch World Cup Squad sueing BRFCS for talking absolutely @#/? on a public forum. Crap for 40 years - then Total Football?! :lol:

:lol:

Whatever. Let the manager get on with it. These transfer windows are so bloody miserable and yet I'm drawn to this thread like a moth to a floodlight. I blame FIFA for their stupid transfer windows (brought in for what exactly?! To keep the spending down? That's worked a treat hasn't it) and the idiots who invented the internet.

It was all so much easier when the national papers never reported on Rovers and Peter White would keep you in the dark until signings were all done and dusted. And it was two quid on the Blackburn End. A season. And people renewed their season tickets by actually going to the club. And we were brilliant / crap all the time, with Noel, Faz, Garns and Sean Curry and although it mattered like hell we weren't suicidal because of the bloody transfer window and close season.

Now I have to suffer us being linked to a bi-sexual Italian sumo wrestler, a host of foreign players from a computer game who for all I know are as good as Corrado Grabbi, Spurs 4th choice striker, John Carew who turned us down 14 years ago AND Fat Kev. All for millions and millions of pounds, Whilst suffering being told that the end is nigh, the Trustees aren't putting a penny in and we have given the entire ground to burnley on a day yet to be confirmed sometime in October.

Football. Isn't it? Marvellous.

Five weeks to go is it?

Simply brilliant !!

200+ pages so far for a belgian South African guy who's quick but might not be up to it,an emerging Frenchie who's tall but might not be up to it yet and Evertons reserve right back who might not be up to it due to injuries.

Oh for the days of £10,000 for lollopping Jack Lewis.

Jumpers for goalposts anyone?

Your neighbours have now bid for Easton at Hamilton and are flying in Pancrate tomorrow...but Wolves are now in for the Hamilton kid McCarthy.

Is this the 'winger' that you said was better than Driver and 'actually very good' when Duff was suggested? Most of their signings have been decent so far but Pancrate would be a poor one imo. As far as I can tell his only attribute is pace and is actually a striker who can't score rather than a winger - can't pass, can't shoot and has a pretty bad case of the can't-be-arseds.

At least Sam doesn't come out with the same cliches and puts across refreshing viewpoints.

Got to disagree there - Allardyce says very little BUT clichés, he's "old school" in every sense.

Look out for how many times he uses the word "situation". It's embarassing...

"Refreshing viewpoints"? Such as??

The word "situation" isn't a cliché on it's own. El Tombro is right, Sam does speak without just regurgitating old football clichés, I'm glad too because I can't stand it when managers to cram their interviews with them.

Archived