BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Excellent news, with Spurs and Villa interested it means City will have to pay close to our asking price if they really want him.

Surprised that Carew might be going, looking at a few Villa forums he is a bit of a fans favourite. Could this be a suicidal move by O'Neill? after the capitulation in Europe and the severe decline in form for the last 15-20 games of the season just finished I get the impression the fans aren’t that happy with him.

I think O'Neill had enough of his attitude, and that Spearmint Rhino incident was perhaps the nail in the coffin. The decline at the end of the season was due to the size of squad they had, relitively small in comparison to most teams that finished above them. He will want to build, now he's lost Barry, Carew might be on his way, so I wouldn't be surprised if Roque ended up there.

With Spuds, Villa & City in there, could end up like the last day in an ebay auction, I reckon we try and hold out for the £20m, as much as we can anyway, what a return on such a small investment, providing it comes off!!!

if Carew leaves there will be some very VERY unhappy Villa fans round my way

If Carew goes, and they sign Roque, I reckon that the unhappiness will last about 5 games, especially if Villa sign Bentley... When he's whipping the ball from nowhere onto Roque's bonce about 10 times a game & on top of that they see that from a technical point of view hes a far better player... Carew will quickly be forgotten.

It's not that people on here don't like them, it's that they don't happen in the real world any more.

Well they do but not with high profile players that often. It's usually when a big club wants a player and they do a loan or whatever as a sweetner to the lesser club.

Excellent news, with Spurs and Villa interested it means City will have to pay close to our asking price if they really want him.

"close" to our asking price? Isn't the clause fixed at around £18m, meaning that they either pay that or don't get him. Unless of course, we want rid anyway [which we probably do].

The suggestion that we might have to sell for a much lower fee than his clause seems wrong to me.

I bet Roque feels pretty silly now having somewhat burnt his bridges with the Rovers fans.

I really just want him gone so that we can start planning our summer rebuilding of the squad. I'd take less than the asking price to get him out earlier.

As it stands, I can't see Sam backing down and I can't see clubs being willing to offer anything like £18m for him. Therefore, I think the most likely outcome is that we'll have an unhappy, injury prone player at the club steadily decreasing in value, when we could have a hefty sum in the bag and a few new players at the club.

Nicko, Is the rumours about Pogrebnyak holding out for a top four premier league club true? I believe we showed some interest in January? But he was looking for a bigger move?

I see he is out of contract in November and won't be signing a new contract at Zenit.

Its a shame if true as he would be a fantastic signing.

I bet Roque feels pretty silly now having somewhat burnt his bridges with the Rovers fans.

I really just want him gone so that we can start planning our summer rebuilding of the squad. I'd take less than the asking price to get him out earlier.

As it stands, I can't see Sam backing down and I can't see clubs being willing to offer anything like £18m for him. Therefore, I think the most likely outcome is that we'll have an unhappy, injury prone player at the club steadily decreasing in value, when we could have a hefty sum in the bag and a few new players at the club.

You may well be right in your scenario TCJ. However there is an alternative scenario which is the one I prefer, and in which RSC is over his injury problems and stays at Ewood for the simple reason that as things stand at present no club is likely to risk offering anywhere near the Rovers asking price and therefore Sam prefers to keep him here and score some goals for us.

As far as Rocky is concerned he really has something to prove tp the rest of the football world if he wants to get a move to a "big club". Therefore he has only got one way to achive his ambition and that is to re-find the form of 2 seasons ago and to score a good few goals before the January window opens, thus raising his profile and value on the market again.

Nicko, Is the rumours about Pogrebnyak holding out for a top four premier league club true? I believe we showed some interest in January? But he was looking for a bigger move?

I see he is out of contract in November and won't be signing a new contract at Zenit.

Its a shame if true as he would be a fantastic signing.

I could see him being on the radar later in the summer, but I don't think he is a 'live' one at the moment. The Russian league runs over the summer, so we will know better if he is watched.

Guest benmaxwell
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...op-stories.html

FULHAM boss Roy Hodgson is weighing up a bid for Blackburn's Steven Reid.

The Irish midfielder, 28, is back after a knee injury last year.

If it's true, we should accept any cash offer that they make hands down. If we could get Roque Santa Cruz, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Reid, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Brown, Paul Gallagher and Maceo Rigters off our books, then we could do so much work this summer...

Nicko, has their been any further development with David Hoilett's situation? Is their any truth in us being interested in Marco Zoro again?

If it's true, we should accept any cash offer that they make hands down. If we could get Roque Santa Cruz, Zurab Khizanishvili, Steven Reid, Matt Derbyshire, Jason Brown, Paul Gallagher and Maceo Rigters off our books, then we could do so much work this summer...

Nicko, has their been any further development with David Hoilett's situation? Is their any truth in us being interested in Marco Zoro again?

There is no way in the world that Fulham want Steven Reid right now. He hasn't played for a year. It's the winner of the award for the 'stupidest story of the summer.'

I don't know when Hoilett's case is to be heard.

Hopefully there is nothing in Zoro. You have to be able to do better than him. And, as far as I know, you are looking at better than him.

There is no way in the world that Fulham want Steven Reid right now. He hasn't played for a year. It's the winner of the award for the 'stupidest story of the summer.'

Agreed. Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Why on earth would anyone bid for Reid when he hasn't been fit for a year??

If Carew goes, and they sign Roque, I reckon that the unhappiness will last about 5 games, especially if Villa sign Bentley... When he's whipping the ball from nowhere onto Roque's bonce about 10 times a game & on top of that they see that from a technical point of view hes a far better player... Carew will quickly be forgotten.

now as a villa season ticket holder, and frequent visitor to ewood to watch the mighty rovers at least a dozen times a season, this possible transfer of Cruz is a strange one for me to call...................

FWIW ive a strong source at Villa whos been telling me that Carew has been off since last year, even though hes banged a few goals in and constantly run round the pitch like a bit of a tw* telling the fans he loves them every 30 seconds.......... the lapdancing incident didnt help his cause, but im told that the Chairman and ONeill were fuming when he refused to play away in moscow because he felt "embaressed" that he had been selected to play in a second string side and didnt feel he was a second string player - the Powers that be believe he "Badly let us down" ......... All this fan love-in is Carew "playing the game" and when he is sold, which he will be, he can blame the club and put the pressure on them........... is this something that you may heard similar stories to Nicko ?!?!

personally, after watching both id say Cruz is the far superior player, and with Bentley and Ashley Young pinging them on his head, i aggree, Carew will be a distant memory !!

now as a villa season ticket holder, and frequent visitor to ewood to watch the mighty rovers at least a dozen times a season, this possible transfer of Cruz is a strange one for me to call...................

FWIW ive a strong source at Villa whos been telling me that Carew has been off since last year, even though hes banged a few goals in and constantly run round the pitch like a bit of a tw* telling the fans he loves them every 30 seconds.......... the lapdancing incident didnt help his cause, but im told that the Chairman and ONeill were fuming when he refused to play away in moscow because he felt "embaressed" that he had been selected to play in a second string side and didnt feel he was a second string player - the Powers that be believe he "Badly let us down" ......... All this fan love-in is Carew "playing the game" and when he is sold, which he will be, he can blame the club and put the pressure on them........... is this something that you may heard similar stories to Nicko ?!?!

personally, after watching both id say Cruz is the far superior player, and with Bentley and Ashley Young pinging them on his head, i aggree, Carew will be a distant memory !!

Roque is so good in the air its untrue, I think his finishing is actually better with his head than with his feet... he's better at holding the ball up, and bring the right players into play... In one of his last games, he got the ball on the left hand side, put it on the floor, got it out of his feet & drilled the ball accross the pitch to the winger on the other side perfectly (it could have been Tugay that did it).

He's one of the best 'Centre Forwards' In europe, and wouldnt look out of place in any of the top sides in europe, we were lucky to get him & will get a good return on our investment, whoever buys him, (if they can keep him fit) will buy one of the best players of his type that there is... Even better, like I said, with Bentley crossing them in for him... Deffo another 10 goals (at least) a season on his tally, with quality wingers in his team!!!

I don't know when Hoilett's case is to be heard.

Hopefully there is nothing in Zoro. You have to be able to do better than him. And, as far as I know, you are looking at better than him.

Such as... :unsure:

Archived